Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stating the Obvious: We Have to Win
I just wanted to take a moment to remind everyone just how important a win is on Sunday. Obviously we need it for a variety of different reasons: 1.) We're supposed to win. 2.) We're at home 3.) We're playing the worst team in the league. 4.) We're coming off back-to-back losses. 5.) Playoff run gets even more difficult at 2-5.

All of these are, I think, great reasons for why this is a must-win game. We really should win this game, and we really need it. Simple enough.

But maybe the biggest reason we have to win is what you're really looking at if we lose. Can you imagine if we were to lose to the Browns? This fanbase is on edge, and many have been skeptical for a little while not. If this were to somehow happen, and it could, all hell is going break loose.

Fans will get nuts. Commentators, local and national, will start piling on. And I don't want to think about what the locker-room would be like. I've seen and heard a few things this season that lead me to believe that maybe we don't have the best locker-room right now. A loss would send that mood into a tailspin.

But I do think we win. And we should pretty easily. But I wouldn't just chalk up as automatic just yet. That team is going to win a game sooner than later. You could say they're due. Hue's a good coach. They've lost 3 games by less than a touchdown. And the Kessler kid is getting better and better with each start. So it's far from a guarantee.

Get it done, boys! Otherwise this forum, and a large portion of this fanbase is going to look like this Sunday night.

[Image: 4.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'm almost hoping they lose and lose big in a blow out if only to possibly encourage Mikey to make a change in the coaching staff although that will probably require an act of congress after WWIII and the complete collapse of Western civilization..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm pretty emotionally numb so I won't be be bringing the pitchfork. I'm in total "whatever" mode.

Reply/Quote
If they lose this game, then it is total meltdown mode. The statistical chances of going to the playoffs at 2-4 are miniscule, at 2-5 it basically becomes non existent.

I will say this, I am very down on this team right now. This should be an "easy" win, but something tells me it won't be...
Reply/Quote
If they lose this one, they might as well tank to get a top shelf rookie that will spend all of next season on IR

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
This game has a potential 3 reactions from me, and really nothing in between:

1.) They win easily/big = While I won't be doing cartwheels, I'll realize that they're more than capable of going on a run to get into the playoffs. They've done it before, and I think they have more than enough talent to succeed. The schedule has been a bear, and maybe we'll get right with some easier games.

2.) They win, but not very convincingly = I'll pretty think much like I do now. Unimpressed, and very, very doubtful that this team ends being an improvement over the results seen these last 5 years. They just haven't look great thus far, and if they don't look great on Sunday, then it's much of the same. They're just not that great.

3.) They lose. Holy... If they were to lose this game my apathy will quickly turn some mixture of anger and humor. I mean, at that point I'd probably just hope they lose out. Just let the year end the very worst ways possible. Loss after loss, sprinkle in some blowouts, some in-house fighting and finger pointing, some empty seats. Just make it a real shit show. Make it a circus of disfunction. Then at least maybe then, finally, Mike will be forced to seriously consider blowing this whole era up. You lose to Browns, call it a day. Close the curtains. It's a wrap. Let's all just pray this ends up being the beginning of the end. Start the eff over.

We have to win, right? Right? There is no way we can lose this game can we? This is not that bad. I think.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 04:28 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: This game has a potential 3 reactions from me, and really nothing in between:

1.) They win easily/big = While I won't be doing cartwheels, I'll realize that they're more than capable of going on a run to get into the playoffs.

Lmfao!! They beat the 0-6 browns and they can go on a run?? Youre kidding right?

It is funny that we still think we have a chance at making the playoffs. They literally have to win all but 2 of the remaining games, at least
Reply/Quote
If we lose, then it's time to fire up your mock drafts.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 04:32 PM)Gohards Wrote: Lmfao!! They beat the 0-6 browns and they can go on a run?? Youre kidding right?

It is funny that we still think we have a chance at making the playoffs. They literally have to win all but 2 of the remaining games, at least

Not sure if you completely read that reaction, but it was to them winning easily/big.  I'm talking like, 34-10.  45-7.  31-13.  By more than 17 points, the game is never in question.

And I said I could see them going on a run.  Key word: Could.  Not that I guarantee that they will, not that I think it's likely, or that I'm extremely hopeful they will.  Just that I could see it.  They've had a rough stretch of games.  That should get easier.  We know they have the talent.  We've seen them do it before.  No reason to think them going 8-2 to close the year is completely unrealistic.  Is it likely?  I don't know, tough to say.  But I'll feel a lot better about it with a big win.

Of course we have a chance to the make the playoffs.  We're 2-4, not 2-6 or 3-7.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 04:40 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Not sure if you completely read that reaction, but it was to them winning easily/big.  I'm talking like, 34-10.  45-7.  31-13.  By more than 17 points, the game is never in question.

And I said I could see them going on a run.  Key word: Could.  Not that I guarantee that they will, not that I think it's likely, or that I'm extremely hopeful they will.  Just that I could see it.  They've had a rough stretch of games.  That should get easier.  We know they have the talent.  We've seen them do it before.  No reason to think them going 8-2 to close the year is completely unrealistic.  Is it likely?  I don't know, tough to say.  But I'll feel a lot better about it with a big win.

Of course we have a chance to the make the playoffs.  We're 2-4, not 2-6 or 3-7.

If they were to win against Cleveland this week, and Washington in London next week, then I will believe there is a possibility.  Until then, I am just hoping they draft high enough to get a stud.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 03:41 PM)grampahol Wrote: I'm almost hoping they lose and lose big in a blow out if only to possibly encourage Mikey to make a change in the coaching staff although that will probably require an act of congress after WWIII and the complete collapse of Western civilization..

Marvin leaves when Marvin retires!!
Reply/Quote
We need to either lose big, or win big.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Again, playoff hopes in ICU in life support!
Reply/Quote
The Browns nearly beat Miami and except on the scoreboard  and we dominated the Dolphins.

However, division games are different and Jackson knows our team.

This is going to be a hard fought and close game. I will not be shocked to see the Browns pull out a win.

Can we protect Andy and can we put pressure on Browns QB will determine who wins.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 04:40 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Not sure if you completely read that reaction, but it was to them winning easily/big.  I'm talking like, 34-10.  45-7.  31-13.  By more than 17 points, the game is never in question.

Yes, i see. Beating the Browns is definitely a must win to go on a run. But beating the 0-6 browns by how many ever points, wouldnt be a big accomplishment.

The Browns have kept every game close this year, down to the 4th quarter. That honestly scares me to death. I could just see a big play at the very end to crush our secondary.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 04:32 PM)Gohards Wrote: Lmfao!! They beat the 0-6 browns and they can go on a run?? Youre kidding right?

If we beat the Browns, we'll be 3-4.

We made the playoffs after a 3-5 start in 2012.

The remaining schedule looks like cupcakes and rainbows compared to @Steelers, @Patriots, @Cowboys and vs Broncos. I could see 8 more wins, and I can certainly imagine 7. A 9-7 record gives you a decent shot. 9-7 teams make it almost every year. We went 9-7 in 2011 and got in. In fact, I'm pretty sure a 9-7 team (or 2) will make it in the AFC. It's not like too many teams are super hot right now.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Browns aren't that bad, I've watched most of their games. They always find ways to lose though, but they aren't out of most of them. Seems like Hue can't get the Browns mentality out of them.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 06:12 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If we beat the Browns, we'll be 3-4.

We made the playoffs after a 3-5 start in 2012.

The remaining schedule looks like cupcakes and rainbows compared to @Steelers, @Patriots, @Cowboys and vs Broncos. I could see 8 more wins, and I can certainly imagine 7. A 9-7 record gives you a decent shot. 9-7 teams make it almost every year. We went 9-7 in 2011 and got in. In fact, I'm pretty sure a 9-7 team (or 2) will make it in the AFC. It's not like too many teams are super hot right now.

Not with the Bills, Chiefs, and Broncos playing the way they are.

Oh well. Its a long season. I guess I just have no hope for this 2016-17 bengals team. They have shown me really no potential
Reply/Quote
                                                                [Image: th?id=OIP.Mbffa3c622ab4e28cbd386cdf00588...=197&h=170]

[Image: th?id=OIP.Mbaa504c20c0eb1ad741d80d884aea...=267&h=179]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 06:40 PM)Gohards Wrote: Not with the Bills, Chiefs, and Broncos playing the way they are.

Oh well. Its a long season. I guess I just have no hope for this 2016-17 bengals team. They have shown me really no potential

The Chiefs are only 3-2. The Broncos are 5-1 and will probably win that division. The teams leading the early WC race are the Raiders (4-2) and the Bills (4-2). I see the Raiders coming down to earth some with that awful defense that's allowing a league worst 330 pass yards/game. The Bills are hot, but it's hard to imagine them sustaining it all season.

No other AFC division has a WC contender that's over .500. Honestly I'm with ya. This team hasn't shown much, but I wouldn't count them out of the playoffs yet. Not with the schedule they've faced, the schedule they face in the last 10, and their competition in the AFC.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote