Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Statistics On Cops Killed By Race?
(08-24-2017, 10:03 AM)Au165 Wrote: This is mind boggling. Not the information, but the fact you are trying to back into justifying cops shooting black people by saying black people shoot cops.

When did I EVER try and justify it? I just pointed out that it's not one-sided.

You can't get mad at someone for stealing from you while also ignore that you're stealing from them.
(08-24-2017, 10:45 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: No way dude!

Does this mean you pulled your head out of the sand?
(08-24-2017, 10:03 AM)Au165 Wrote: This is mind boggling. Not the information, but the fact you are trying to back into justifying cops shooting black people by saying black people shoot cops.

Gee where have I heard something similar to this before?

Ah yes...the notion that we were defending white supremacists by admonishing Antifa.
(08-24-2017, 09:42 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yes, ignoring any crime committed by an entire ethnicity sounds like a perfect way to handle it.

Just ignore the fact that 12% of the population commits...
49.4% of murder
32.5% of rape
54.9% of robbery
34.1% of assault
30.8% of burglary
29% of larceny
30.8% of vehicular theft
23.6% of arson
32.7% of forgery/counterfeiting
31.6% of fraud
33.2% of embezzlement
25.5% of vandalism
39.9% of carrying illegal weapons
42.8% of prostitution
31.2% of drug abuse
31.4% of criminal offenses against the family

There's a perfectly good explanation I can assure you.

Its called institutionalized racism.

Plus all the white privilege that's been goin on doesn't help either.
(08-24-2017, 10:39 PM)Vlad Wrote: There's a perfectly good explanation I can assure you.

Its called institutionalized racism.

Plus all the white privilege that's been goin on doesn't help either.

Eh... The perfectly good explanation is called poverty. For the most part, broke ass white folks commit the rest of the rest of those crimes. They even have prisons in Idaho.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(08-25-2017, 06:14 AM)jason Wrote: Eh... The perfectly good explanation is called poverty. For the most part, broke ass white folks commit the rest of the rest of those crimes. They even have prisons in Idaho.

And there might be something to people looking for the "usual suspects".

I mean most serial killers are white males and we don't watch them closer just in case.  Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-25-2017, 06:14 AM)jason Wrote: Eh... The perfectly good explanation is called poverty. For the most part, broke ass white folks commit the rest of the rest of those crimes. They even have prisons in Idaho.

Pretty much this. I'll leave it there because discussions of any sociological topics in here with any sort of meat to them are derided by people who don't understand the field and topics but feel like they can immediately dismiss it because they read an article on a heavily biased site that said it was wrong.

Yup.

I lived and worked in a community where less than 4% of the population is a minority out of 31,000 folks. The crime rates are comparable to a community down the road with the same population and 10% minorities, and another with double the population but about 20% minorities. Felonies were all pretty close from community to community and ethnicity didn't really matter. 

The root of it is there's poor people everywhere. If you live in my hometown, you're probably going to get robbed or injured by a white guy because that's mostly who is poor there; if you lived in one of the other communities, you're just as unlikely to get hurt or robbed, but more likely it will be by someone of a different race. My parents got their house robbed twice... both times by poor white guys. It didn't make them feel any better.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Since blacks commit a disproportionate amount of crime and are more likely to encounter police (depending on what numbers you think), I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that blacks also killed a disproportionate amount of cops.