Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Statue of Satan Unveiled
(07-26-2015, 10:47 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I bet there are as well.  But of the leaders do all they can to remove God from the community then the people are the leaders  mercy.  

Without a doubt Detroit is where it is today because of outright corruption at the highest levels.

So your view is that Detroit is so effed up because the lack of God?  Sorry man, but that's not going to fly with me.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-26-2015, 10:47 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: My definition of "Punish" comes from the dictionary:  

to subject to pain, loss, confinement, death, etc., as a penalty for someoffense, transgression, or fault:

I know the answer for you, but I'm sure there are a ton of people who are not very grateful for receiving punishment in life only for a possible chance at spending eternity as god's servant.  

The Christian god is a cruel, evil, jealous being, and if real, does not deserve the worship that he demands.

So then by your given definition he does not punish those that believe in him. There are those of all different economic circumstances that believe or do not.

The relationship one has with Jesus (God) is a personal one. I do agree God is jealous and demands your obedience; however, his son has come to soften the blow.   
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-26-2015, 10:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So then by your given definition he does not punish those that believe in him. There are those of all different economic circumstances that believe or do not.

The relationship one has with Jesus (God) is a personal one. I do agree God is jealous and demands your obedience; however, his son has come to soften the blow.   

Lucie said that the economic hardship and horrible violent crime rate in Detroit were do to the lack of God.  I asked about the plenty of families that have likely been tragically affected by this even though it wasn't of their own doing.  This is where the conversation came from.  If there are families that are being effected negatively by this that are steadfast and loyal believers, that would be a punishment in my eyes (Well, really, I think it's just shit luck, but others interjected gods punishment into the story).  They're collateral damage in the quest to punish the corrupt of Detroit, is what I'm getting here.  
LFG  

(07-26-2015, 10:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The leadership of Detroit is the problem.  They aren't poor blacks.   They are rich from taking payoffs and bribes and selling out their own people to get ahead.

So poor and faithful Jesus-lovin' citizens are being punished because of the ungodly actions of overarching officials?  Geez, your god is a big ol' d-bag.
(07-26-2015, 10:49 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: So your view is that Detroit is so effed up because the lack of God?  Sorry man, but that's not going to fly with me.

No it's effed up because of corruption. My thing is blame the corrupt ones.
(07-26-2015, 11:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So poor and faithful Jesus-lovin' citizens are being punished because of the ungodly actions of overarching officials?  Geez, your god is a big ol' d-bag.

Well did Jesus tell his followers to pay Caesar his taxes?

Anyone leader who looks out for themselves before looking after their people is corrupt. That's what detroit and several democrat led cities have had to deal with ....
(07-26-2015, 05:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What Satan do they believe in?

I hope it's this one…

[Image: 997DVA_Al_Pacino_021.jpg]
(07-26-2015, 10:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The leadership of Detroit is the problem.  They aren't poor blacks.   They are rich from taking payoffs and bribes and selling out their own people to get ahead.

So gods plan is to reward these people with wealth while punishing the poor believers?
(07-27-2015, 01:25 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So gods plan is to reward these people with wealth while punishing the poor believers?

Nope. But those giving into temptation will have their hands full. They should probably get used to the statue.
Why, for the glory of Satan of course!

[Image: tumblr_lpg27cYUZa1qknffu.gif]
[Image: miroslav-satan.jpg]
(07-27-2015, 10:41 AM)Nately120 Wrote: [Image: miroslav-satan.jpg]

You'd think they could get out of the 1st round with that guy on their side.  :snark:

Maybe if he would quit melting the ice under his skates?  Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-26-2015, 05:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What Satan do they believe in?

They're atheists who use "Satan" as a symbol. 

http://www.churchofsatan.com/faq-fundamental-beliefs.php

Quote:WHY DO SATANISTS WORSHIP THE DEVIL?

We don’t. Satanists are atheists. We see the universe as being indifferent to us, and so all morals and values are subjective human constructions.
Our position is to be self-centered, with ourselves being the most important person (the “God”) of our subjective universe, so we are sometimes said to worship ourselves. Our current High Priest Gilmore calls this the step moving from being an atheist to being an “I-Theist.”
Satan to us is a symbol of pride, liberty and individualism, and it serves as an external metaphorical projection of our highest personal potential. We do not believe in Satan as a being or person.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(07-27-2015, 11:02 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: They're atheists who use "Satan" as a symbol. 

Also, I'm not exactly Bible Man here, but is there not zero description of Satan's appearance in the Bible?  It is mentioned he was an angel (also, not actually described as Italian renaissance artists depicted them) but otherwise the goat and wings and what not are all made up by people long after the fact, right?
(07-26-2015, 08:29 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Dirty democrats.  Killing gods and babies since 1828*.

*Johnny Cupcakes is not an endorser of either feticide or deicide.

But does he trade in the body parts of the deceased in the primary, secondary, or black markets? That's what inquiring minds want to know! What is he really putting in those cupcakes?
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(07-27-2015, 11:45 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Also, I'm not exactly Bible Man here, but is there not zero description of Satan's appearance in the Bible?  It is mentioned he was an angel (also, not actually described as Italian renaissance artists depicted them) but otherwise the goat and wings and what not are all made up by people long after the fact, right?

Yeah, the whole Satan thing is weird, anyway. Judaism doesn't portray him as an antagonist of God, but of humanity. He is still in Heaven and does God's bidding to test mankind's faith. The whole depiction of Satan with horns and goat-like and all of that comes from trying to depict Satan in the way pagan deities were portrayed in an effort to sanitize the older religions as Christianity purged them throughout Europe. Killing their followers, destroying their sacred sites, and claiming their gods were elements of evil (Satan and his devils).
(07-27-2015, 11:02 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: They're atheists who use "Satan" as a symbol. 

That is really interesting. It seems the self-centered "I-theism" of these atheists and the selfishness of the average Christian (especially those who believe in the gospel of prosperity, kneel at the Republican altar, and worship St Ronald of Rayguns) are far closer than the rhetoric would lead us to conclude. It is almost like they are twin children of the same mother, separated at birth. Maybe that is why Oklahoma rejected the Satan Statue. They don't want the kids to reunite and become one big happy, self-centered family.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(07-27-2015, 11:54 AM)xxlt Wrote: That is really interesting. It seems the self-centered "I-theism" of these atheists and the selfishness of the average Christian (especially those who believe in the gospel of prosperity, kneel at the Republican altar, and worship St Ronald of Rayguns) are far closer than the rhetoric would lead us to conclude. It is almost like they are twin children of the same mother, separated at birth. Maybe that is why Oklahoma rejected the Satan Statue. They don't want the kids to reunite and become one big happy, self-centered family.

Maybe if they would have picked a less polarizing figure from the Bible (sort of) to jokingly aggrandize it would go over better.  How about a religion based around the awesomeness of either Lazarus (he rose from the dead before it was cool), Zaccheaus, the male elephant on the Ark (let's call him Fred), the "good" thief, that guy who traded his soul for a bowl of stew, etc..  There are so many grand choices.
(07-26-2015, 11:05 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Lucie said that the economic hardship and horrible violent crime rate in Detroit were do to the lack of God.  I asked about the plenty of families that have likely been tragically affected by this even though it wasn't of their own doing.  This is where the conversation came from.  If there are families that are being effected negatively by this that are steadfast and loyal believers, that would be a punishment in my eyes (Well, really, I think it's just shit luck, but others interjected gods punishment into the story).  They're collateral damage in the quest to punish the corrupt of Detroit, is what I'm getting here.  

They are.
The lack of God resides within those in power and wealth, not necessarily within the afflicted poor.
(07-27-2015, 03:54 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: They are.
The lack of God resides within those in power and wealth, not necessarily within the afflicted poor.

This god that you all speak of is a cruel and unjust being. If real, I would count this fella as my enemy. Are you sure you're on the right side?
LFG