Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steeler's worried about threat
just shaking my head......

from PFT

Steelers’ OL says league should look at Broncos’ “bounty”

Posted by Zac Jackson on January 13, 2016, 9:23 PM EST
PITTSBURGH, PA - OCTOBER 07: Ramon Foster #73 of the Pittsburgh Steelers lines up during the game against the Philadelphia Eagles on October 7, 2012 at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. (Photo by Joe Sargent/Getty Images)
Getty Images
A hit by Steelers center Cody Wallace ended the season of Broncos safety David Bruton when the teams met in the regular season last month.

Broncos safety Darian Stewart told reporters this week that Wallace is “going to be sore” after Sunday’s AFC divisional playoff game between the teams, then was a little less vague about his plans to go low on Wallace.

“I’m cutting him,” Stewart said.

That got the attention of Steelers guard Ramon Foster, who asked that the league office keep an eye on Stewart.

“You put that kind of stuff out there, that just gives you a bigger bullseye,” Foster said, per the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “Hopefully the refs will be looking at that. The league needs to look at that because that’s making a bounty. So, you want to talk about safety? Address that. Take a stand on that. They made a bounty on a guy who hadn’t done anything to him.”

Stewart said he will keep it “between the lines, between the whistles” but told reporters that Wallace “better not come at me.”

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Short memory, those guys.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I wonder how it feels for one of your players to be threatened by another team's player.
Reply/Quote
Lol. Foster who kicks burfict all game
Reply/Quote
True bully syndrome, the best defense is looking at everyone else, and using the old who me for themselves. Denver should put plenty of mirrors in the visiting locker room so they can take a good look at themselves before hitting the field. Steelers afraid every team they play is going to hurt them now, laughable.
Reply/Quote
The whole league should be gunning for the Steelers because of how they play.

And ever since Roethlisburger started complaining about Burfict his play has been getting knit picked to death by the refs ,the commisioner and the national media. What about Shazier,Mithell, Munchek and Porter? That team and organization is cheating lying trash.

The Steelers point the finger at everyone else and the NFL and national media go along with their bs.

They are a bunch of cowards. They sucker punch you, then call you out to the media and refs so if you get even they can get calls.

It will be interesting to see if their coaches will be inciting the Bronco's players by pulling their hair ,cussing them out and getting physical with them. This league is a joke. 

You know all the things they were allowed to do against the Bengals.

Goedell is allowing this league to turn into something that people are going to get sick of real quik. Maybe Mark Cuban will end up being right.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 12:49 AM)pally Wrote: just shaking my head......

from PFT

Steelers’ OL says league should look at Broncos’ “bounty”

Posted by Zac Jackson on January 13, 2016, 9:23 PM EST
PITTSBURGH, PA - OCTOBER 07:  Ramon Foster #73 of the Pittsburgh Steelers lines up during the game against the Philadelphia Eagles on October 7, 2012 at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.  (Photo by Joe Sargent/Getty Images)
Getty Images
A hit by Steelers center Cody Wallace ended the season of Broncos safety David Bruton when the teams met in the regular season last month.

Broncos safety Darian Stewart told reporters this week that Wallace is “going to be sore” after Sunday’s AFC divisional playoff game between the teams, then was a little less vague about his plans to go low on Wallace.

“I’m cutting him,” Stewart said.

That got the attention of Steelers guard Ramon Foster, who asked that the league office keep an eye on Stewart.

“You put that kind of stuff out there, that just gives you a bigger bullseye,” Foster said, per the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “Hopefully the refs will be looking at that. The league needs to look at that because that’s making a bounty. So, you want to talk about safety? Address that. Take a stand on that. They made a bounty on a guy who hadn’t done anything to him.”

Stewart said he will keep it “between the lines, between the whistles” but told reporters that Wallace “better not come at me.”

Well, the refs won't be looking at the Steelers cheap shots for sure - as usual. Another biased blind-eye ref game going towards the Steelers.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 10:41 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Lol.   Foster who kicks burfict all game

Mellow

[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 04:22 PM)tigerseye Wrote: The whole league should be gunning for the Steelers because of how they play.

And ever since Roethlisburger started complaining about Burfict his play has been getting knit picked to death by the refs ,the commisioner and the national media. What about Shazier,Mithell, Munchek and Porter? That team and organization is cheating lying trash.

The Steelers point the finger at everyone else and the NFL and national media go along with their bs.

They are a bunch of cowards. They sucker punch you, then call you out to the media and refs so if you get even they can get calls.

It will be interesting to see if their coaches will be inciting the Bronco's players by pulling their hair ,cussing them out and getting physical with them. This league is a joke. 

You know all the things they were allowed to do against the Bengals.

Goedell is allowing this league to turn into something that people are going to get sick of real quik. Maybe Mark Cuban will end up being right.

Actually that started well before the low hit on Ben (which he was fined for, btw).  Burfict has brought the attention on himself.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 06:59 PM)GMDino Wrote: Actually that started well before the low hit on Ben (which he was fined for, btw).  Burfict has brought the attention on himself.

He plays like a Steeler.  Welcome to looking at things from the outside in.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Like Shazier dancing over players after a big hit.

That wasn't fined? It wasn't even called. 

MItchell?

The Steelers are now playing the victim card.After years of illegal hits and dirt bag football.

What do you guys have on Goedell,anyway?
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 07:39 PM)tigerseye Wrote: Like Shazier dancing over players after a big hit.

That wasn't fined? It wasn't even called. 

MItchell?

The Steelers are now playing the victim card.After years of illegal hits and dirt bag football.

What do you guys have on Goedell,anyway?

Shocked

Shazier could not have been "dancing over players after a big hit" in the Bengals game because he was returning a fumble for a TD.  One that got called back because of a quick whistle.

Please keep it to things that actually happened if you want to have a better chance of being correct.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
I guess Foster was elected the spokesman for the entire team.  Either that or the thread title is moronic. 

As for Wallace, he's owning it like a man, maybe a few Bengals players should take notes.

Quote:“It's understandable,” he said. “I knew at the time when it happened I was in the wrong. The league handled it the way they wanted to, and I paid my fine. Just move on and see what happens.”

As for going at his knees, Wallace said, “That happens a lot, anyways.”
Reply/Quote
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_29385004/steelers-dirty-or-was-cody-wallace-hit-an

Quote:Steelers dirty? Or was Cody Wallace hit an outlier? Broncos weigh in

For 26 days, the Broncos have been stewing.

Late in the first quarter of the their last meeting with the Steelers, in Pittsburgh on Dec. 20, Denver safety David Bruton was bulldozed by a late helmet-to-helmet hit, courtesy of offensive lineman Cody Wallace.

"That's just what they do," Bruton said afterward. "They're dirty, and he left his feet trying to take me out. So, I just know if we have to play them again, it's not going to go well. We're definitely going to make sure that he's going to feel it."

The hit cost Wallace 15 penalty yards and a $23,152 fine, a punishment the Broncos say failed to match the crime.

On Sunday, in a divisional playoff game at Sports Authority Field, the Broncos have a chance to avenge their loss at Pittsburgh in December, and they have a chance to redeem themselves for last year's divisional playoff loss against Indianapolis that still stings.

They also have a chance at Wallace.

"That was a lapse of judgment on his part," Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said. "That's not who he is, and he knows it. He felt horrible about it. We've moved on from that, and I know that (the Broncos) haven't — probably deservedly so."

The standard for dirty still resides in Oakland. The Raiders of the late 1970s and '80s carried a reputation of being unscrupulous, earning nicknames such as The Assassin and The Eleven Angry Men.

They were ruthless and brutal — to the point the NFL installed rules to tame their brutality such as the Lyle Alzado Rule: Helmets cannot be used as weapons. Raiders games often were remembered more for their victims than their victories.

From 1967-85, under owner Al Davis, the Raiders captured 13 divisional titles, one American Football League title and three Super Bowls. Their first Super Bowl title, in 1976, came during the 10-year tenure of head coach John Madden, whose .759 winning percentage ranks as the second-best of any NFL coach in history.

The Raiders of old have faded, but some teams have drawn comparisons with their cheap shots devotion to brutality.

After last Saturday, with a series of events that might forever be known as "The Meltdown", the Cincinnati Bengals might have claimed the throne for now. But three weeks ago, the Pittsburgh Steelers were contenders — at least, in the eyes of some Broncos players.

"He should have been suspended," cornerback Aqib Talib said of Wallace. Talib was suspended one game earlier in the season for poking Indianapolis' Dwayne Allen in the eye.

"If I put a guy's life in danger by doing (gestures a poke) and it cost me $350,000, then that definitely puts somebody's life in danger. I don't know how that goes, though. I don't know what determines who gets suspended for a game and who doesn't, but I saw it live and it was definitely a dirty play. It was unsportsmanlike and got 15 yards. That's a slap on the wrist."

Dangerous has also been used to describe the hit by Pittsburgh safety Mike Mitchell that concussed Bengals tight end Tyler Eifert on Dec. 13. It has also been used to describe Mitchell's hit on Antonio Gates, on Oct. 12. The two cost Mitchell a total of $31,833 in fines.

But not all NFL penalties warrant fines and not all fines stem from in-game flags. And the Steelers are neither the most-fined team (Seattle and Cincinnati rank No. 1 and 2, respectively) nor the most-penalized (Baltimore's 15 unnecessary roughness penalties led the league). In the regular season, Pittsburgh racked up $81,028 in fines for personal fouls, according to Spotrac, and was flagged 10 times for unnecessary roughness, tied for the fifth-most, with Denver and Carolina.

So, are the Steelers dirty?

Or has that one hit by Wallace simply been costly and memorable?

"I don't think they're one of the nastiest," Broncos defensive end Malik Jackson said. "I'd say they're conniving. They definitely know what they're doing. You just have to go out there and have your own bag of tricks to counter their tricks."

ThumbsUp

Cue the "...the league and refs look the other way that's why they don't get penalized..."
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
I actually like the fact that burfict that taken out the steelers triplets this year. Although Reggie should probably get half credit for bell. He has a knack for ending his season.

Look forward to next year and watching that knee of bells get some work.

What Tomlin and the steelers don't get is that they bring it on themselves. Each year these teams will take each other out because of cheap bs we saw from nobody guys like mike Mitchell . And stupid antics from coaches. We know Jerry porter is an idiot .... But Munchak just showed how he rolls.

The rest of the AFC contenders are helped because of the lack of sense in Pittsburgh.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 08:05 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I actually like the fact that burfict that taken out the steelers triplets this year.   Although Reggie should probably get  half credit for bell.  He has a knack for ending his season.  

Look forward to next year and watching that knee of bells get some work.  

What Tomlin and the steelers don't get is that they bring it on themselves.    Each year these teams will take each other out because of cheap bs we saw from nobody guys like mike Mitchell .  And stupid antics from coaches.  We know  Jerry porter is an idiot ....  But Munchak just showed how he rolls.  

The rest of the AFC contenders are helped because of the lack of sense in Pittsburgh.

You forgot to switch back to your Luvnit account before wishing for injured players.

Mellow
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 08:07 PM)GMDino Wrote: You forgot to switch back to your Luvnit account before wishing for injured players.

Mellow

Oh I am that account now..... Noted.

If the steelers don't want physical play then they shouldn't spear Eifert and Gio.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 11:31 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Oh I am that account now..... Noted.  

If the steelers don't want physical play then they shouldn't spear Eifert and Gio.

Physical play isn't hoping human being get injured.

Hoping that players get injured is being an ahole who cares too much about a game.

Rock On
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 11:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: Physical play isn't hoping human being get injured.

Hoping that players get injured is being an ahole who cares too much about a game.

Rock On

It's the steelers who decide that.    If they take cheap shots at our guys then that's when they lose a triplet.    Not sure bell can take many more knee injuries before he looks like barry Foster.   He might be there already with the 2.    

We will see if Tomlin has any sense and reins his Guys in or if he wants to take a chance.

As far as whether I want injuries or not..... Obviously I don't want them but I won't feel bad if they happen in recourse for an injury.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 01:12 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It's the steelers who decide that.    If they take cheap shots at our guys then that's when they lose a triplet.    Not sure bell can take many more knee injuries before he looks like barry Foster.   He might be there already with the 2.    

We will see if Tomlin has any sense and reins his Guys in or if he wants to take a chance.

As far as whether I want injuries or not..... Obviously I don't want them but I won't feel bad if they happen in recourse for an injury.

Hilarious watching you, and other, Bengals fans who've complained about physical play for years frantically masturbating to the thought of it now.  Here's a thought for you, despite your, "taking out a triplet", you still effing lost.  I don't think you'll have many more opportunities though, Burfict is not long for this world.  Enjoy watching our team this Sunday.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote