Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers @ Bengals Predictions
A home game win by Black and Orange vs Black and Yellow.
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Bengals 19 - 17 steelers
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Steelers 10-3

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Stoolers 24-10
Bad guys rush for 200 yards total
Reply/Quote
Zac has done a good job keeping the team and culture strong, been reading about alot of back and forth in steeler land, with the extra days of healing up and giving Browning more time, gut is home team pulls this one out 20 to 17.
Reply/Quote
Steelers win 24 to 10.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 10:13 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Zac has done a good job keeping the team and culture strong, been reading about alot of back and forth in steeler land, with the extra days of healing up and giving Browning more time, gut is home team pulls this one out 20 to 17.

This. I think the team and offense rallies around Browning and he plays well enough to win this game. Game will be close because of the Steelers run game and their offense will probably be energized by the firing of Canada, but I think the home field advantage and the extra time between games gives us the edge.

Bengals win 17-14
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I believe we're not winning another game unless its a playoff team sitting everyone at end of the season.

Steelers win big. Harris/Warren will go crazy on this defense. Even Pickett will find guys as open as our secondary leaves them.

Browning running for his life all game.
Reply/Quote
I’d put it to Browning like this and I’d keep it simple…..

If you don’t target Jamarr Chase 10 times you are cut

That shit he did at the end of the Ravens game where he’s throwing drive deciding slants to Trenton Irwin and not Jamarr Chase will not happen again. There’s a reason Chase is in line for 25M per year contract.

Honestly and i hate to be this guy but that Ravens game told me all i needed to know about Browning

Dude is an idiot

We likely aren’t winning one more game with him

But here’s to hoping I’m wrong and here’s to a fun Sunday with 4 Jake Browning TDS
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 12:14 PM)Housh Wrote: I’d put it to Browning like this and I’d keep it simple…..

That shit he did at the end of the Ravens game where he’s throwing drive deciding slants to Trenton Irwin and not Jamarr Chase will not happen again. There’s a reason Chase is in line for 25M per year contract.

Honestly and i hate to be this guy but that Ravens game told me all i needed to know about Browning

Dude is an idiot

But here’s to hoping I’m wrong and here’s to a fun Sunday with 4 Jake Browning TDS

This is such a nonsensical comment.  

How do you NOT understand that without Tee the Ravens were smothering Chase, especially when Jake entered the game.
How do you NOT understand that the Ravens have the #1 defense vs a guy in his first real game action of his career?

I dont expect Jake to win any games either but Im not dumb enough to call him an idiot based upon observations that no reasonable knower of ball would ever suggest.  

Reply/Quote
Heart says I hope the Bengals can pull it out. However my head is telling me the Steelers are going to run the ball with authority especially if Sam is out of game again. The Steelers D is one of the Top 5 defenses in the NFL. With the firing of Matt Canada I can see the Steelers coming out and playing with me excitement to actually play. I just don't think Browning has enough ability to lead this offense to a win. I hope I'm wrong.

Steelers 17
Bengals 3
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 12:27 PM)casear2727 Wrote: This is such a nonsensical comment.  

How do you NOT understand that without Tee the Ravens were smothering Chase, especially when Jake entered the game.
How do you NOT understand that the Ravens have the #1 defense vs a guy in his first real game action of his career?

I dont expect Jake to win any games either but Im not dumb enough to call him an idiot based upon observations that no reasonable knower of ball would ever suggest.  

Hopefully you are right

But i saw Chase open and browning choosing to go to Irwin

But there’s hella games left

Well see either way
-Housh
Reply/Quote
The Canada firing unfortunately motivates Pukesburg. Cheap shot Watt probably has a field day with a rookie qb. Scumbags 22 Good Guys 9
Reply/Quote
Steelers: 30-6
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 12:30 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Heart says I hope the Bengals can pull it out.  However my head is telling me the Steelers are going to run the ball with authority especially if Sam is out of game again.  The Steelers D is one of the Top 5 defenses in the NFL.  With the firing of Matt Canada I can see the Steelers coming out and playing with me excitement to actually play.  I just don't think Browning has enough ability to lead this offense to a win.  I hope I'm wrong.

Steelers 17
Bengals 3

Steelers defense is only a top 5 defense in turnovers. Similar to us, they give up tons of yardage (I think they are like 28th in the league) but rely on and get bailed out by redzone turnovers. We should be able to move the ball. Just need to avoid turnovers. 
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 02:05 PM)Lucius Cincinnatus Wrote: Steelers defense is only a top 5 defense in turnovers. Similar to us, they give up tons of yardage (I think they are like 28th in the league) but rely on and get bailed out by redzone turnovers. We should be able to move the ball. Just need to avoid turnovers. 

Actually, Steelers are Top 10 in Scoring Defense allowing 19.5 points per game.  Bengals give up 22.6 points per game. Red Zone Defense Steelers are #4, Bengals are #17,  3rd down defense both teams suck Steelers at 17 and Bengals at 28. 

I still think the Steelers just have a better run game, they'll control the clock like they do most games, and they'll rely on their defense.  

I dont trust Browning, or our OL.  I don't trust our defense especially after the Texans debacle, and the Ravens game.   Most of this season, we have no running game which puts our defense on the field most of the game. 

I'm going to stick with my 17-3 Steelers prediction although I would love to be proved right. 

I will be interested to see if Bengal fans sell their tickets to this game especially with it being right after the Thanksgiving holiday, and after losing Burrow, and seeing if there's more Steeler fans there than there has been in the last couple of years. 
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 12:14 PM)Housh Wrote: I’d put it to Browning like this and I’d keep it simple…..

Dude is an idiot

Ridiculous thoughts. Browning played on par with Burrow and was more aggressive which this O really needs. Burrow has been “Checkdown Joe” all year long. He single-handedly lost the first two games of the year and really only had 5 decent to good games all season long. Most of the subpar play is obviously due to the injury, but the drop off from Burrow to Browning is nowhere near as bad as most seem to believe.

It’s also amazing that most of the fools on here are criticizing a backup QB who came in cold against one of the top D’s in the league and went 8/14 with a TD along with a 4/40 performance on the ground. Was it an unbelievable performance? No, but all things considered it was pretty solid. No need to have him on the hot seat coming off a performance like that.

Also, believing they are going to lose out is idiotic imo. This is still a good football team with a lot of weapons and a mediocre QB should at least win 3-4 games over the next 7. The only games that are likely L’s for sure are JAX and KC. The rest are very winnable and I wouldn’t be surprised in the least to see them get hot down the stretch and win all 5 of them. Way too many put Burrow on a pedestal and don’t even want to see the team win with someone else.

Browning comes into Sunday with a huge chip on his shoulder and makes the best of his opportunity, leading the Bengals to a 27-17 W.
Reply/Quote
If this game were a person, it would fall out of the 'ugly tree' and hit every branch on the way down.

Steelers win 16-13.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 01:49 PM)Housh Wrote: Hopefully you are right

But i saw Chase open and browning choosing to go to Irwin

But there’s hella games left

Well see either way

Burrow had 11 completions, only one went to Chase.

Jake had 8 completions with one going to Chase.

We cutting Burrow?

Just because you think you see Chase open on TV doesnt mean anything.
1.  Chase is NOT the #1 option on every snap.  Jake could have thrown to the first option which wasn't Chase.
2.  More importantly when was Chase open?  If Chase was open after 3 seconds that means absolute squat.
3.  If you think he should throw to Chase a lot, NFL defenses probably do as well, if he forces too many balls that won't be good either.

Browning's very first game in his career was unexpected, at Baltimore, he had not had reps with the 1st Team in 3 months.

He many not do well the rest of the season but he is an undrafted Free Agent with zero NFL experience who has been cut twice.  Having unrealistic expectations for him doesnt make any sense. 

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 02:38 PM)WestieInDelhi Wrote: Also, believing they are going to lose out is idiotic imo. This is still a good football team with a lot of weapons and a mediocre QB should at least win 3-4 games over the next 7. The only games that are likely L’s for sure are JAX and KC. The rest are very winnable and I wouldn’t be surprised in the least to see them get hot down the stretch and win all 5 of them. Way too many put Burrow on a pedestal and don’t even want to see the team win with someone else.

If this team were as good as you suggest and we are all idiots we would have not lost to the Browns 24-3, we likely would have firmly beaten the Rams by more than 3 at home, explain the butt whooping in Nashville from a very bad team?, the Seahawks game was not convincing, and the Texans hit us for almost 600 yards of offense with a rookie QB and half their team not playing.

Your only evidence of this squad being such a good team are the 49ers and Bills games.... the 2 games in which Burrow threw for 90% completion rate and 3 TDS vs the 49ers and 348 and 2 TDs against the Bills...... but we put him on a pedestal....

Suggesting that many of us dont want the team to win with anyone but Burrow is blatantly false.

Reply/Quote