OTHER
12.14%
17 12.14%
Total 140 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Steelers Game Game Ball
(11-01-2015, 08:14 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Btw, what about Geno? He was in the backfield a lot and had a sack or two.

If he wasn't held almost every play he was in he would have impacted the game much more than he did.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Should be Reggie....but I'll vote Burfict....for returning a very old favor...... Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 07:23 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: No doubt AJ was the offensive MVP

But the defense won that game and Nelson had 2 picks and both were huge. He also seemed to be in the right place all day today

Adam Jones did shut down Brown for the most part after the first series and played great (all pro level again) today

The Nugent block FG was too low and on him in my opinion

That's because DreK was on Brown to start.  That was a bad decision...but they rectified it.

Reply/Quote
Gotta go with Burfict. That Defense played with a fire that I have not seen, yet this season.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 08:26 PM)jtsmith38 Wrote: How bout a game ball to whoever prevented DreKirk from getting consistantly burned after that first pissburgh drive?

He never should've been covering the shifty Brown to start with.  That was crazy.....they switched PacMan to that side....finally.  

Reply/Quote
Reggie Nelson, no doubt about it. He's had the Steelers number for quite a long time now.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I voted "Other" and would pick the entire defense. If I had to vote for just one player though, I'd have to go with Nelson. His two interceptions were big.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
SHAWN WILLIAMS!
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 07:16 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Williams.  His INT turned the tide.

Agreed. Gameballs don't always go to the player who makes the most plays, but the one who makes the biggest. His INT took tremendous effort and came at a pivotal point in the game. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 07:27 PM)Rattler Wrote: Got a point - the defense comes up all aces when we needed them the most!

Need to replace Dread Kraptrick though.
"Great name " for D.K. I've said it before on this board. What is wrong with him? He is always two steps away/behind the receiver, or locked up in a face-mask duel which always earns him a "yellow flag award". I hope the DB coach lights his arse up and teaches him how to play DB - and soon! Is there anyone else that can play the position???
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 08:58 PM)Tomkat Wrote: SHAWN WILLIAMS!

(11-01-2015, 09:01 PM)Shady Wrote: Agreed. Gameballs don't always go to the player who makes the most plays, but the one who makes the biggest. His INT took tremendous effort and came at a pivotal point in the game. 

I could be swayed to change my vote.  LOL  That was a huge play!!
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 07:06 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: This is a hard game to pick. I actually want to say Jeremy Hill, even though he was tremendously underutilized, he performed the best.

sorry not even close.. AJ way outperformed Hill.. when we needed a first down, he did not come through at all.. when we need a late TD,, Green did.. Hill finally averaged 4 yds a carry.. but did nothing special in his 15 carries.
Reply/Quote
Gotta go w/ Reggie............he owns Big Ben
Reply/Quote
Reggie

I thought Iloka made some big plays out there and was looming large out there making Ben hold onto the ball. But, you gotta give it to the guy who had 2 picks. Williams INT was HUGE. Big game by the safety crew and defense as a whole.
Reply/Quote
Secondary in general. They won that game.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 07:21 PM)Joelist Wrote: Reggie Nelson has been a Steeler Killer his whole career.

Yup. He saved another low scoring game in November against them. We really need to re-sign both Iloka and Reggie. 

Edit: I stand corrected, he has now iced 3 Bengal-Steelers games and intercepted Ben 5 times! From Hobson:

What is it with Bengals safety Reggie Nelson and Roethlisberger. Nelson has five interceptions of Big Ben since 2012.

"I don't know, you'll have to ask him," Nelson said.

And three of them have been fourth-quarter killers. On Sunday he was behind wide receiver Antonio Brown to collect a Ben overthrow  for his second pick of the day with 2:44 left on the first snap after the Bengals went up 13-10. It set up Mike Nugent's huge 44-yard field goal with 1:47 left to force the Steelers to score a touchdown.

Reply/Quote
Defense as a "Team" earned this one and should be drinking for free tonight on the offensive lines tab as well.

Reggie Nelson gets my "game ball" in poll.

Williams gets my "play of the game" award though. That was HUGE and a momentum shift in game.

My "team catalyst" award goes to the one and only Burfict for bonding the defense together cohesively, the best they have played all year.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Have to give it to Reggie Nelson this week, no doubt.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 09:01 PM)Shady Wrote: Agreed. Gameballs don't always go to the player who makes the most plays, but the one who makes the biggest. His INT took tremendous effort and came at a pivotal point in the game. 

Yep. That's why i voted 'other'.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
My write-in is Shawn Williams. Dude made the biggest play of the game to really put us up by six which was huge. I'm going "Other" and that's my vote.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote