Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers' Gilbert wants to play Bengals in playoffs
The trash talking continues, as Marcus Gilbert went to Twitter after yesterday's game against the Bengals to say, "All I want for Christmas is the Bengals. Would love to see them in the playoffs where they choke. The talking is done between the lines."
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/14/marcus-gilbert-all-i-want-for-christmas-is-a-playoff-game-against-the-bengals/
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They've got to be feeling good about the way they roughed the Bengals up, and avenged Bell. Instead of playing composed like champions, the Bengals walked right into their trap.

The Bengals are still the little brothers of the North. They must learn the difference between battles (the first game against the Steelers), and wars (the second game). The Steelers sacrificed the battle with an injured Big Ben, but won the war handedly, and are feeling good about it.

You can't blame them. Big games aren't too big for them. Emotionally or physically.

I remember the look of Chad, TJ , and Marvin on the sidelines during the playoff game of 05. Emotionally drained and defeated after the emotions of losing Palmer and being beat up by the Steelers while watching their championship dreams slip away. Green and co had that same look on their face on the bench yesterday.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 11:28 AM)jj22 Wrote: They've got to be feeling good about the way they roughed the Bengals up, and avenged Bell. Instead of playing composed like champions, the Bengals walked right into their trap.

The Bengals are still the little brothers of the North. They must learn the difference between battles (the first game against the Steelers), and wars (the second game). The Steelers sacrificed the battle with an injured Big Ben, but won the war handedly, and are feeling good about it.

You can't blame them. Big games aren't too big for them. Emotionally or physically.

I remember the look of Chad, TJ , and Marvin on the sidelines during the playoff game of 05. Emotionally drained and defeated after the emotions of losing Palmer and being beat up by the Steelers while watching their championship dreams slip away. Green and co had that same look on their face on the bench yesterday.

If Dalton is out, is it really that big of a "choke" if the Bengals were to lose in the playoffs? I'd put it similar to last year in that we were missing very crucial parts of our offense that made us successful.

In fact, I'd compare the 2015 Bengals to the 2014 Cardinals if Dalton doesn't get a chance to play in a playoff game this year.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 11:26 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The trash talking continues, as Marcus Gilbert went to Twitter after yesterday's game against the Bengals to say, "All I want for Christmas is the Bengals. Would love to see them in the playoffs where they choke. The talking is done between the lines."
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/14/marcus-gilbert-all-i-want-for-christmas-is-a-playoff-game-against-the-bengals/

If the talking is done between the lines, why is he talking shit now?  Shouldn't he worry more about MAKING the playoffs first?  I hate Shittsburgh so ******* much it's not funny.
Reply/Quote
I HATE THE STEELERS!

I already mentioned in another thread, I welcome another game with them.

The war isn't over as long as there's a chance we play again, and there is.

This rivalry alone should motivate some of our players to re sign here.

I HATE THE STEELERS!
Reply/Quote
Seeing the cheap shots those guys were taking yesterday and their trash talk after the game had me so fired up, I wish one of our guys would lay them out cold. They need a serious beatdown. And this is why theres only one thing I can't stand in this world and thats the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 11:38 AM)ochocincos Wrote: If Dalton is out, is it really that big of a "choke" if the Bengals were to lose in the playoffs? I'd put it similar to last year in that we were missing very crucial parts of our offense that made us successful.

In fact, I'd compare the 2015 Bengals to the 2014 Cardinals if Dalton doesn't get a chance to play in a playoff game this year.

I don't believe it'll be considered a choke. I said in another thread we are playing with house money from here on out. No expectations of playoff wins or championships. The Steelers dealt an emotional and physical blow to the season. They have the right to be feeling themselves. Wish we could be, but we just don't come out on top of big games like that.

When we preach continuity and consistency with the coaching staff, we get winning seasons now (which is good), but we also get the same results rather it's primetime games and/or big emotional games, or being bullied by the Steelers (which may never change). It's the price we pay for continuity. The good and the bad.

Reply/Quote
First they need to make the playoffs.....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
It's easy to talk trash when your entire goal yesterday was to injure people. The Steelers are the worst sore winners I've ever seen.
Reply/Quote
Classis steeler dumbass....

Says the talk is on the field....then talks crap on twitter.

You can't fix stupid. And this guy is the ultimate coattail rider...What has he ever done other than be fat and injured?
Reply/Quote
Not classless. If we would have bullied and beat up the Steelers in their house (once again), leaving them flailing, out of control, undisciplined, and battered on the field while the nation was watching the "big game", we (as fans) and Bengals players would be talking too. Especially if the Steelers had won an earlier game, and thought it meant the AFCN had a new bully in town.

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 11:51 AM)corpjet Wrote: First they need to make the playoffs.....
Exactly. It likely comes down to the Jets, Chiefs, and Steelers.

The Steelers have the Broncos at home and then the Browns and Ravens.
The Chiefs probably have the easiest schedule (Ravens, Browns, Raiders), but the Raiders did just beat the Broncos, so who knows.
The Jets have arguably the toughest schedule (Cowboys, Patriots, Bills).

My expectation is that the Steelers make it over the Jets. I hope the Bengals wouldn't have to play the Steelers for their first playoff matchup.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Good I want to play them again as well.

Hopefully with Andy buy even with AJ after he has a few weeks work plus getting pacman back we should be alright to beat them.
Reply/Quote
I would love to play them and beat them in the playoffs. We will see what happens.
Reply/Quote
I hope we play them in the playoffs too - with a healthy Eifert and a healthy defensive backfield.

Do they have the right to feel good about yesterday's win.  Absolutely.

Do they have the class to shut up after it's over.   No.

I hope we have a chance to play them in the playoffs.   We were marching down the field with a balanced attack when Andy gave up an ill advised toss right to their DL.  If he doesn't get hurt there I think we would have won.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 01:08 PM)jj22 Wrote: Not classless. If we would have bullied and beat up the Steelers in their house (once again), leaving them flailing, out of control, undisciplined, and battered on the field while the nation was watching the "big game", we (as fans) and Bengals players would be talking too. Especially if the Steelers had won an earlier game, and thought it meant the AFCN had a new bully in town.

Yes classless.  Maybe a few of our players would be mouthing off, but not the whole team.

The Steelers of the past played tough and over the line sometimes.  But they never said so much in public as this group.   I will say that Ben has been classy all along about this stuff.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 03:04 PM)3wt Wrote: Yes classless.  Maybe a few of our players would be mouthing off, but not the whole team.

The Steelers of the past played tough and over the line sometimes.  But they never said so much in public as this group.   I will say that Ben has been classy all along about this stuff.

Troy P always had class. Harrison kept his classlessness on the field, which I'm ok with. They used to be more bite and less bark. It'll come back to haunt them eventually.
Reply/Quote
I don't blame him.

Especially if we have McCarron at QB.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 03:04 PM)3wt Wrote: Yes classless.  Maybe a few of our players would be mouthing off, but not the whole team.

I've never been a Big Ben fan but I'll agree he's been upstanding through this whole thing, and actually promotes the rivalry in a good way.

Can't say the same for the other smucks.  I do hope we play them again cause I guarantee our guys will be focused.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 03:12 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Troy P always had class. Harrison kept his classlessness on the field, which I'm ok with. They used to be more bite and less bark. It'll come back to haunt them eventually.

It was funny seeing Harrison as one of the guys trying to break up the melee before the game. Usually he is right in there. Of course, he did play for the Bengals for a year and probably made a few "friends".

Wonder why Gilbert didn't talk after the first game?
Reply/Quote