Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers Holding Vine Collection
(09-19-2016, 06:43 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I said it before and i'll say it again. Marvin should have gathered the boys and walked off the field.

I've said sort of the same before. Marvin and Mike have to make the NFL wary of them. Press conferences, throwing fits at league meetings, or some kind of civil disobedience to let the league know they won't take it anymore. If nothing else, maybe it will spur a different training system for officials. This is unacceptable for teams and fans alike. Marvin and Mike have to carry the water on this one.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 06:43 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I said it before and i'll say it again. Marvin should have gathered the boys and walked off the field.

How "noble" of an idea, quitting and walking off the field has always been an admirable concept in competitive contact sports.  Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
***** pathetic. We're watching a bunch of actors be paid millions if not a single Bengals DL complained in any interview afterwards. Care about winning, not "putting food on the table".
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'm beginning to think Hillary Clinton runs the NFL and loves the Steelers. I mean, she is a Stealer, isn't she?
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Hard to beat a good team playing against 12.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 02:35 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Playing Devil's advocate here:

How many times have the Bengals gotten away with holding?

That blatant? And multiple players on the same play?

I'd be willing to wager a considerable amount of money that it's not even close. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 07:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: How "noble" of an idea, quitting and walking off the field has always been an admirable concept in competitive contact sports.  Ninja

You lost me at "competitive"

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 08:39 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: You lost me at "competitive"

Well then you lost yourself, as football is the most competitive contact sport in America.  (at least as far as market share and media coverage)

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 08:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well then you lost yourself, as football is the most competitive contact sport in America.  (at least as far as market share and media coverage)

Competition in this case, the NFL, heavily implies both sides have a fair advantage going into the contest..Non bias is a must for the judges. Did you even click the link in this thread? Until i see the same series of videos from the Steelers POV it wasn't a fair unbiased contest therefor.. it wasn't really a competition at all. It was cheating.

Reply/Quote
Now before I get a zillion responses on how much good this will do, you are probably right and I agree, but, after watching this, I figured rather than sit here and vent and carry on that I KNOW will do absolutely nothing, I sent an email to the only address I could find on the website, with the Vines link, requesting Brown address this with the NFL and stick up for his players and fans. Wink
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 09:02 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Competition in this case, the NFL, heavily implies both sides have a fair advantage going into the contest..Non bias is a must for the judges. Did you even click the link in this thread? Until i see the same series of videos from the Steelers POV it wasn't a fair unbiased contest therefor.. it wasn't really a competition at all. It was cheating.

I don't need to click any links in this thread, as I actually watched the game.  Have you not seen any of my posts questioning the NFL and their ability to see the same things that we all see on TV?

Edit: those posts that I am referring to are spread across many threads. But, they are all leading to the same conclusion. The NFL is biased and possibly controls the outcome of games.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Well, I like to be fair minded. So does anyone have access to any video, from anywhere, which would show Bengal holding against the Steelers. No doubt, there is some. It's football. But I can't believe that there's anything comparable, the other way around. For instance, let's see the so-called Whitworth hold, versus maybe about half a dozen of the brazen Steeler holds.

And let me add that there is no reason to miss those Steeler holds. They were right in the middle of the action, where a sack was imminent. Where would an official be looking?
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 09:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't need to click any links in this thread, as I actually watched the game.  Have you not seen any of my posts questioning the NFL and their ability to see the same things that we all see on TV?

Edit:  those posts that I am referring to are spread across many threads.  But, they are all leading to the same conclusion.  The NFL is biased and possibly controls the outcome of games.

I have read your other posts and no doubt we (along with many others) are on the same page. Where we differ is what to do about it. As for my self, i'm so fed up i'd rather just see them forfeit the damn game. This would be 2 games in a row now we have been **** ed. We also could have very easily lost Green if Mitchell would have made contact on his epic fail launch. This stuff need to stop and the only way i see that happening is through drastic measures. Marvin holds a press conference (after the forfeit), with video evidence stating his case and accepting the fine/suspension for doing so. Get all the talking heads going and THEN, something may be done about it. As it stands now it will only continue to happen, we will lose and players will get hurt.

Reply/Quote
It seemed like the officiating was horrible across the board, although with an emphasis on the holding.

I do remember a drive where the steelers kept getting penalties to extend our drive (we couldn't even get the TD). I also remember Adam Jones making a helmet to helmet hit that was not called. It was an embarrassing game to be a referee, with the Bengals ultimately getting the short end of the stick.
Reply/Quote
Another option is to bombard Owczarski's room with posts. Bengal Chris and I have posted there.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 09:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't need to click any links in this thread, as I actually watched the game.  Have you not seen any of my posts questioning the NFL and their ability to see the same things that we all see on TV?

Edit:  those posts that I am referring to are spread across many threads.  But, they are all leading to the same conclusion.  The NFL is biased and possibly controls the outcome of games.

What do you expect?  We are probably bottom three in the league in terms of revenue generated for the NFL and the Steelers are top five.  If we get screwed, NOBODY CARES, relatively.  If the Bengals fold, the league is pretty much guaranteed to make more money with an expansion team someplace else.  On our own, we are powerless to do anything about it.  The only way it changes is A.We outplay teams by such a wide margin that the refs can't take it from us. B.A horrible disaster befalls the city creating nationwide sympathy.  C.Instead of whining about it on our sites, you present the facts to fans of other teams and get fans from most NFL teams attacking the league office about inconsistent and/or biased officiating.
Reply/Quote
Does anyone have a good still or vine of their fumble on a punt return?  The ball looked like it was clearly out way before any part of his body touched the ground.  It was pretty early in the game, and the D forced a 3 and out anyway, but the Squealers were pretty much awarded a free punt off of that one.  The O would've had at least a FG off of that.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 11:15 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Does anyone have a good still or vine of their fumble on a punt return?  The ball looked like it was clearly out way before any part of his body touched the ground.  It was pretty early in the game, and the D forced a 3 and out anyway, but the Squealers were pretty much awarded a free punt off of that one.  The O would've had at least a FG off of that.

The Steelers came out of the pile with the ball, anyways, so no point in a challenge.
Reply/Quote
Even though we were being held on many plays, I feel like our d line was driving wayyy too high in on the offensive line. By the time our defenders got to big ben, we were either standing up and not poised for a correct tackle or we overpursued and missed the tackle.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 02:03 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Probably not all of them, but here's a collection that Lance McAllister put together of the Steelers holding yesterday.

http://700wlw.iheart.com/onair/lance-mcalister-7818/vines-hold-on-a-second-15117710/

Send the video to Dan Blandino, Senior VP NFL Officiating and to the NFL Commissioner.
Reply/Quote