Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers Holding Vine Collection
The Jungle should cue some of these up for next time....

"You really got a hold on me"
"Hold on losely"
"Oh Sherry"
"Hold On".....well maybe not that one.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 09:37 PM)Emphasis Wrote: It seemed like the officiating was horrible across the board, although with an emphasis on the holding.

I do remember a drive where the steelers kept getting penalties to extend our drive (we couldn't even get the TD). I also remember Adam Jones making a helmet to helmet hit that was not called. It was an embarrassing game to be a referee, with the Bengals ultimately getting the short end of the stick.

I don't know why people keep saying Adam Jones had a helmet to helmet.  It looked like it but he just pulled up and stood up in front of the receiver.  Believe me the refs would have called it had there really been one...especially on Adam Jones.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 02:03 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Probably not all of them, but here's a collection that Lance McAllister put together of the Steelers holding yesterday.

http://700wlw.iheart.com/onair/lance-mcalister-7818/vines-hold-on-a-second-15117710/

There you go, Bengals.  Someone did the work for you.  Submit and ask for an explanation. 

It is pretty simple, really.  Ben got protected, and Dalton had three fouls on one hit.  THREE!

Dalton was hit late, two steps
Dalton was speared in the back
Dalton was driven to the ground after the ball was clearly out.  

It was so late that Dalton's body was relaxed when he took that shot.  It looked awful.  It looked like a clear intent to injure so there would be no comeback.  If you are going to say that the flags were not thrown on either team, you have to look at the disparity in protection of the opposing QBs.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 02:20 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: It happened the entire game. How the refs can not see that is beyond me. Sheer incompetence or worse.

They see it. trust me.

Reply/Quote
I preferred the replacement refs from a couple years ago. At least they blew calls against both sides...unlike the normal refs who seem to go blind against one team....
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 10:44 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I preferred the replacement refs from a couple years ago. At least they blew calls against both sides...unlike the normal refs who seem to go blind against one team....

I've said this every since the regular refs came back....
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 02:35 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Playing Devil's advocate here:

How many times have the Bengals gotten away with holding?

Really, this is what you saw in the game. 

Wow, just wow. 

Have not seen a game so horribly officiated since the refs gave steeler SB win vs. Seattle years ago. 

Rooney's have the NFL in their back pocket somehow. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 09:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't need to click any links in this thread, as I actually watched the game.  Have you not seen any of my posts questioning the NFL and their ability to see the same things that we all see on TV?

Edit:  those posts that I am referring to are spread across many threads.  But, they are all leading to the same conclusion.  The NFL is biased and possibly controls the outcome of games.

Yep, you have been very consistent about calling BS on subject. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 02:35 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Playing Devil's advocate here:

How many times have the Bengals gotten away with holding?

My guess is that it was not nearly the 12 times shown in that vine.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 09:37 PM)Emphasis Wrote: It seemed like the officiating was horrible across the board, although with an emphasis on the holding.

I do remember a drive where the steelers kept getting penalties to extend our drive (we couldn't even get the TD). I also remember Adam Jones making a helmet to helmet hit that was not called. It was an embarrassing game to be a referee, with the Bengals ultimately getting the short end of the stick.

Jones still doesn't get it.  I saw him going for players out of bounds too.  He is not as malicious as just clueless sometimes.
Reply/Quote
Like I have said before, should have cheaper jersey's made for next game that when they are grabbed that hard they come off in blockers hands where it is undeniable.

Will have to have a whole lot of extra shirts though the way steelers hold.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
13 with zero being called in the game?!?! That's unacceptable. The team needs to send this to the league office. I'm probably going to send an email too. Probably won't do much, but whatever.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 02:25 AM)Derrick Wrote: Send the video to Dan Blandino, Senior VP NFL Officiating and to the NFL Commissioner.

He's probably jerking off to it...
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 11:49 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Really, this is what you saw in the game. 

Wow, just wow. 

Have not seen a game so horribly officiated since the refs gave steeler SB win vs. Seattle years ago. 

Rooney's have the NFL in their back pocket somehow. 

Nope. But if one wants to make a legitimate argument they need to look at the "opposing view" to make sure they don't seem overly biased. In football, it's generally understood that there is a hold on almost every play. When one complains about how their team is getting screwed, and believe me, I do feel the Bengals have been getting screwed for years, they often overlook the times that their team has benefitted from a missed call.
Reply/Quote
I vote to sticky this thread.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 12:05 PM)3wt Wrote: My guess is that it was not nearly the 12 times shown in that vine.

On the 700 WLW website, it stated there were 47 plays that holding occurred and was not called      Now I totally get that this was an 'unofficial' number, but I have to believe that legitimately there were a LOT more than just 12 missed calls.  Probably closer to 20 would have been legit missed holding calls  (or just ignored calls per direction from above)

I typically 'boo-hoo' "conspiracy theories" but this is getting so blatant and obvious that I find myself feeling obligated to keep bringing it up  LOL
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 12:54 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Nope. But if one wants to make a legitimate argument they need to look at the "opposing view" to make sure they don't seem overly biased. In football, it's generally understood that there is a hold on almost every play. When one complains about how their team is getting screwed, and believe me, I do feel the Bengals have been getting screwed for years, they often overlook the times that their team has benefitted from a missed call.

Sure there is always a missed call or two that go your way. 

But these are so blatant it is not even funny. Plus there was a fumble that was obviously not a fumble, a TD that was called not a TD, and a false start by Pouncy that was called encroachment. It was not just the holding, yet that was unbelievable. 

If one can be called on every single play how the hell did zero get called against them.

We all know that they say holding can be called on every play and we have all watched these games for years too. Never seen anything so blatant in my life. 

Know what I saw and there were more than enough calls that went their way opposed to ours to easily tip the scale in steelers favor. Watched the game twice as well and still have it DVR'd, but do not have the stomach to watch it a 3rd time. 

So ok you are right, in my opinion 2 or 3 went our way and 15 or 16 went theirs.  Until someone shows me differently then this is my opinion. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
To be honest, now that the game is two days old, combined with all the evidence I have been privy to, beyond the garbage in this game, what's the point anymore?

I mean, yes, I will keep my NFL ticket, yes I will still root for the Bengals and follow them, but to believe that there is really a run for the title in the cards for this team has become completely a no chance situation if nothing is addressed and the NFL just plugs along status quo.
Reply/Quote
Wait and see - the NFL will retaliate by calling an inordinate number of holding calls on "guess who" this Sunday.

Mark it down, that's how those **** suckers roll.

[Image: BBuH6CcCUAEWEzt.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I don't watch the talking heads, has anyone been mentioning this at all??
Reply/Quote