Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers Sign Trubisky
Let the Trubisky, Rudolph, Haskins QB rumble begin!

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1503414347367919621
Reply/Quote
LOLOLOLOL
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Hahahahahahahaha hahahahahah

Omg this is so hilarious
Reply/Quote
I'm so confused....

Once upon a time, the Bengals would dumpster dive while other teams would sign solid players in FA.

Now...the Bengals have been active in FA and a division rival just went dumpster diving for a QB. Is this real life??

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 03:47 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I'm so confused....

Once upon a time, the Bengals would dumpster dive while other teams would sign solid players in FA.

Now...the Bengals have been active in FA and a division rival just went dumpster diving for a QB. Is this real life??

i think the steelers have some cap issues they have to work out and likely still "paying"  Ben as far as cap hits go.

I dont think this will end the Steelers QB Search this offseason though but more like a plan if no other plan goes thru
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:05 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i think the steelers have some cap issues they have to work out and likely still "paying"  Ben as far as cap hits go.

I dont think this will end the Steelers QB Search this offseason though but more like a plan if no other plan goes thru

Was curious what his retirement would do to the contract stuff. 

At this point, I'm not sure who else they'd be looking at to be under center. Watson would wreck their cap, so you're onto tier 2 and below guys. 

It's just a good day is all.

Reply/Quote
Nice to see the Steelers will have a shit QB in the division!
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 05:23 PM)GodFather Wrote: Nice to see the Steelers will have a shit QB in the division!

when I think Trubisky, I think Andy with a better arm
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 05:26 PM)kalibengal Wrote: when I think Trubisky, I think Andy with a better arm

and hopefully they win as many playoff games as Andy has as a starter on the Bengals!
Reply/Quote
Getting Trubisky is an implicit admission that the QB class this year is not strong. Trubisky has a better arm than Andy did but is nowhere near prime Andy in terms of awareness, reads or speed of delivery.
Reply/Quote

[Image: seinfeld-thats-a-shame2.gif]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
There’s a lot of depressed Yinzers out there right now! :lol:

Reply/Quote
Poor squeeler fans.. no! really....would I lie about something like this? 

Ok..I am lying.. Screw em! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:05 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i think the steelers have some cap issues they have to work out and likely still "paying"  Ben as far as cap hits go.

This. I think they take a QB "if" one of the ones that the like fall to them. 
(03-14-2022, 04:08 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Was curious what his retirement would do to the contract stuff. 

At this point, I'm not sure who else they'd be looking at to be under center. Watson would wreck their cap, so you're onto tier 2 and below guys. 

It's just a good day is all.
Without looking, I think he's off the books. If not, there's not a lot of dead money with him. I think that's why they brought him back last year...the cap. Make no mistake, he was toast after the 2020 season. But releasing him or him retiring then would've absolutely decimated their cap in 2021. They were stuck and the pay cut and extension got them out of a jam. I don't think anyone really expected him to play well in 2021. Tearing the elbow in 2019 really really f*ked them. If that doesn't happen, I think he's finishing his career in 2022 and still playing at a decent level. The elbow really really f*cked them (did I mention that before?)
(03-14-2022, 05:23 PM)GodFather Wrote: Nice to see the Steelers will have a shit QB in the division!
The Browns still have Mayfield.  Cool
(03-14-2022, 06:52 PM)Joelist Wrote: Getting Trubisky is an implicit admission that the QB class this year is not strong. Trubisky has a better arm than Andy did but is nowhere near prime Andy in terms of awareness, reads or speed of delivery.
I think you're right. They're not blown away by any of these QBs. They may have their favorites that they'd take, but they will likely be gone by #20. Trubisky is a bridge and prevents them from doing something stupid like having FOMO and reaching by trading draft capital to move up. I think if Pickett or Willis is there at 20, they grab him. If not they wait to see if Howell is there in the second. If he's gone, then you have next year to draft a QB.
(03-14-2022, 07:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There’s a lot of depressed Yinzers out there right now! LOL

Only the f*cking brain dead moron yinzers who think the Steelers should win the Super Bowl every year and actually wanted Wilson or Rodgers. Or worse, Watson who still could face disciplinary action. Brilliant. Give up a treasure trove of picks to pay a guy $25M/year to be suspended for 8 games....those are the depressed yinzers. 

This was a smart move. A quality veteran QB for (hopefully) cheap, that allows them to not do something stupid and chase a QB in the draft, and instead plug other holes. 

Options. It gives them options.
Reply/Quote
Hilarious
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Just don't let them draft Ridder. I don't want to see that kid go to the dark side.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 09:35 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: This was a smart move. A quality veteran QB for (hopefully) cheap, that allows them to not do something stupid and chase a QB in the draft, and instead plug other holes. 

Options. It gives them options.

Yep.  This move won’t win the Super Bowl in 2022, but it prevents them from digging a hole for the future.  The strategy is sound: be patient for the right QB to come along and strengthen weaknesses elsewhere in the meantime.   

You rival fans can rejoice all you want, but this kind of foresight is why Steeler downturns never last for more than a few years and why they rarely field teams at worse than mediocre levels.  Enjoy the next few years, because the Steelers will be back soon enough …

… and you know it.  
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 02:38 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Yep.  This move won’t win the Super Bowl in 2022, but it prevents them from digging a hole for the future.  The strategy is sound: be patient for the right QB to come along and strengthen weaknesses elsewhere.   

You rival fans can rejoice all you want, but this kind of foresight is why Steeler downturns never last for more than a few years and rarely field teams at worse than mediocre levels.  Enjoy the next few years, because the Steelers will be back soon enough …

… and you know it.  
No need to trade up picks or trade away picks for a QB now. If Pickett or Willis are available at 20, we probably take them. If not, we load up elsewhere and wait for a better QB to come along in the future. Plugging a young, mobile qb into an already stacked team is literally how every good team in recent history has done it. Save for Tampa that plugged with an old, immobile 42 year old.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
What if Baker moved to the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 08:23 PM)6andcounting Wrote: No need to trade up picks or trade away picks for a QB now. If Pickett or Willis are available at 20, we probably take them. If not, we load up elsewhere and wait for a better QB to come along in the future. Plugging a young, mobile qb into an already stacked team is literally how every good team in recent history has done it. Save for Tampa that plugged with an old, immobile 42 year old.

Every team but your 2021 AFC North champs. Cool

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote