Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Steelers angry with Burfict over Bell injury
It cracks me up when the scumbag steelers cry about dirty play. This is the team that tried to chop VB in the knees on the second or third play...and then they cry about a clean tackle. There were times where it seemed like their dbs weren't even trying to tackle, they'd just hold the guy still so that somebody else could tee off on him. That scrub on Green seemed more interested in yanking his arm after the play than actually covering him. They hurt Dunlap's shoulder by holding him and piled on Pacman way after the play was over. When they win they're 'tough' but when they lose it's due to 'dirty play.' What a JOKE! They can't even win with a ton of free holding calls.
Reply/Quote
Looks like a clean tackle. I don't think Burfict intentionally tries to hurt him. Even Nelson, i think it was, looked like he tried to let up. It's a huge blow to Pittsburgh, which probably adds to the crybaby effect.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 01:34 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: It cracks me up when the scumbag steelers cry about dirty play. This is the team that tried to chop VB in the knees on the second or third play...and then they cry about a clean tackle. There were times where it seemed like their dbs weren't even trying to tackle, they'd just hold the guy still so that somebody else could tee off on him. That scrub on Green seemed more interested in yanking his arm after the play than actually covering him. They hurt Dunlap's shoulder by holding him and piled on Pacman way after the play was over. When they win they're 'tough' but when they lose it's due to 'dirty play.' What a JOKE! They can't even win with a ton of free holding calls.

i have a friend on facebook who has been crying like a 16 year old girl since the loss yesterday (steelers fan)

Ive known him 20 years... But the amount of crying he did hes lost his man card.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 01:55 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Looks like a clean tackle.  I don't think Burfict intentionally tries to hurt him.  Even Nelson, i think it was, looked like he tried to let up.  It's a huge blow to Pittsburgh, which probably adds to the crybaby effect.

F Pittsburg
Reply/Quote
Seriously, everyone, all the vitriol against the Pittsburgh team and their fans is a bit too much. Yeah, I understand the history and how that team has played. The thing most of us are glossing over is that we/ the team don't really need to respond. The play speaks for itself. It was a clean tackle that happens in a game many times. The fact that a player was hurt, is just an unintentional consequence. If the Steelers or their fans want to prop up a straw man to work up a fury that's all fine. No need to stoop to their level, and say things like Karma is a .....

Fact of the matter is, Burfict made a clean play and the Bengals won the game. Instead of getting caught up in the nonsense, let's focus on enjoying the heck out of the win.
Reply/Quote
Their fans are hilarious though. "We gave you the game, you barely beat us, if Bell was playing and Ben didn't throw that pick."

4-4 teams are best at playing the "what-if" game and nothing else. What if Hue Jackson called a good game like he has been most of the year, score would be 40-10.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 02:06 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: Seriously, everyone, all the vitriol against the Pittsburgh team and their fans is a bit too much.  Yeah, I understand the history and how that team has played.  The thing most of us are glossing over is that we/ the team don't really need to respond.  The play speaks for itself.  It was a clean tackle that happens in a game many times.  The fact that a player was hurt, is just an unintentional consequence.  If the Steelers or their fans want to prop up a straw man to work up a fury that's all fine.  No need to stoop to their level, and say things like Karma is a .....  

Fact of the matter is, Burfict made a clean play and the Bengals won the game.  Instead of getting caught up in the nonsense, let's focus on enjoying the heck out of the win.

This presumes that comeuppance is not enjoyable.

(It is.)

Now kindly leave the sanctimonious claptrap crap out of OUR thread. I'm sure there are other threads where like-minded Bengals fans will offer whining Stooler fans cookies and milk. This is NOT that thread.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 02:25 PM)tigershrimp Wrote: This presumes that comeuppance is not enjoyable.

(It is.)

Now kindly leave the sanctimonious claptrap crap out of OUR thread. I'm sure there are other threads where like-minded Bengals fans will offer whining Stooler fans cookies and milk. This is NOT that thread.

First off, there's nothing sanctimonious about what I said.  If resorting to Stooler fan tactics is how you enjoy the win, go for it, but I will not be leaving anything off this thread because you said so.  Anyways, I don't know if you were saying that I am a Pittsburgh fan, but if you think so then you're mistaken.  

Either way, I'm enjoying the heck out of the win.  
Reply/Quote
It Hardly matters.

The Bengals will end up with the 3 seed, and Pittsburgh the 6

They will come to PB Stadium in January and throat stop us in the playoffs for #5 L in a row

One Franchise has accomplished so much in the last 25 years, the other franchise has accomplished nothing.

Steelers Bengals. Wild Card Wknd. Bengal go home like always. Sad, but probable
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 12:02 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: What a douche. I actually know a teacher that teaches at that kids High School. Maybe I will get some information about the little puke Cool

LOL  

(11-02-2015, 12:06 PM)tman Wrote: PERFECT !

This is what I had hoped their reaction would be.

Cry cry cry...
Cry foul....

P.S.
They tried to hurt Burfict on the first two plays.......

....they did it most of the game.....especially after the Bell injury.  They dove at his knees most plays he was in.

(11-02-2015, 12:30 PM)samhain Wrote: I wonder if Foster thought it was dirty when their head coach tried to trip Jacoby Jones from the sideline when he was returning a punt.  Probably the biggest douche move I've ever seen from an NFL coach.  Should've been suspended for that shit.

....and lost that draft pick the weak-ass NFL threatened them with.

(11-02-2015, 02:06 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: Seriously, everyone, all the vitriol against the Pittsburgh team and their fans is a bit too much.  Yeah, I understand the history and how that team has played.  The thing most of us are glossing over is that we/ the team don't really need to respond.  The play speaks for itself.  It was a clean tackle that happens in a game many times.  The fact that a player was hurt, is just an unintentional consequence.  If the Steelers or their fans want to prop up a straw man to work up a fury that's all fine.  No need to stoop to their level, and say things like Karma is a .....  

Fact of the matter is, Burfict made a clean play and the Bengals won the game.  Instead of getting caught up in the nonsense, let's focus on enjoying the heck out of the win.

No.

[Image: no-no-no-very-bad-man-Babu-Bhatt-seinfel...er-wag.gif]

(11-02-2015, 02:17 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Their fans are hilarious though. "We gave you the game, you barely beat us, if Bell was playing and Ben didn't throw that pick."

4-4 teams are best at playing the "what-if" game and nothing else. What if Hue Jackson called a good game like he has been most of the year, score would be 40-10.

I dunno about 40-10, but Hue certainly laid an egg....where the hell was Gio?

(11-02-2015, 02:25 PM)tigershrimp Wrote: This presumes that comeuppance is not enjoyable.

(It is.)

What he said.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 02:34 PM)Wyche Wrote: No.

[Image: no-no-no-very-bad-man-Babu-Bhatt-seinfel...er-wag.gif]

Ok, be that way then.   Cool  Whatever makes you happy,  Rock On
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 02:29 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: First off, there's nothing sanctimonious about what I said.  If resorting to Stooler fan tactics is how you enjoy the win, go for it, but I will not be leaving anything off this thread because you said so.  Anyways, I don't know if you were saying that I am a Pittsburgh fan, but if you think so then you're mistaken.  

Either way, I'm enjoying the heck out of the win.  
Seriously, everyone, all the vitriol against the Pittsburgh team and their fans is a bit too much. 

and

No need to stoop to their level, and say things like Karma is a ..... 

and 

If resorting to Stooler fan tactics is how you enjoy the win...

[SANCTIMONY: Feigned piety or righteousness]

You also presume this isn't an enjoyable facet of the win, the "vitriol." 
You ignore the irony, too, which many people enjoy.
And the idea that I am "stooped" or "resorting" is likewise your baggage, not mine.

So stop it. Stop thinking somehow you're better than a fan who tells a Stooler fan to shut his stupid fu@&ing face and eat his plate of goddamn "same old Bengals" crow. It's earned; it's deserved; and it's really quite fun.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 02:42 PM)tigershrimp Wrote: Seriously, everyone, all the vitriol against the Pittsburgh team and their fans is a bit too much. 

and

No need to stoop to their level, and say things like Karma is a ..... 

and 

If resorting to Stooler fan tactics is how you enjoy the win...

[SANCTIMONY: Feigned piety or righteousness]

You also presume this isn't an enjoyable facet of the win, the "vitriol." 
You ignore the irony, too, which many people enjoy.
And the idea that I am "stooped" or "resorting" is likewise your baggage, not mine.

So stop it. Stop thinking somehow you're better than a fan who tells a Stooler fan to shut his stupid fu@&ing face and eat his plate of goddamn "same old Bengals" crow. It's earned; it's deserved; and it's really quite fun.

Again, there's nothing sanctimonious about what I said.  If you perceive any "feigned piety or righteousness" then that's your baggage.  I cheered the loudest in a sports bar filled with Pittsburgh fans and made sure they heard me.  I don't like the Steeler fans' behavior and I don't like it when we stoop to their level.  If you agree to disagree, that's totally fine.  But to perceive that I think I'm better than you is just a wrong perception.  Since I don't like the Steeler fans' behavior, I don't like behaving the same way as them.  Otherwise, there's no point when people complain about Steeler fans.  That's my thought and I expressed it.  I am also the guy that cheered on T.J wiping the terrible towel on his cleats.  

You're a bengal fan like me, no one is any better here than anyone else.  

Having said all that, the Bengals won in Pittsburgh, and I couldn't be more thrilled.
Reply/Quote
Celebrating injury you say?
https://vine.co/v/e3UvXnWJaOx
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 02:17 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Their fans are hilarious though. "We gave you the game, you barely beat us, if Bell was playing and Ben didn't throw that pick."

I've seen a lot of "The Bengals didn't deserve that win."  I also saw a few comments saying that the ball hit the ground on Green's TD.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 01:34 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: It cracks me up when the scumbag steelers cry about dirty play. This is the team that tried to chop VB in the knees on the second or third play...and then they cry about a clean tackle. There were times where it seemed like their dbs weren't even trying to tackle, they'd just hold the guy still so that somebody else could tee off on him. That scrub on Green seemed more interested in yanking his arm after the play than actually covering him. They hurt Dunlap's shoulder by holding him and piled on Pacman way after the play was over. When they win they're 'tough' but when they lose it's due to 'dirty play.' What a JOKE! They can't even win with a ton of free holding calls.

Feelings go deep w/ me going way back w/ Pittsburgh.  I still remember a MNF game when they tried to take off Kenny Anderson's head.  This Steelers team has always been about playing dirty - so much so, that I'm not usually one who wishes injuries on anyone, but I was unapologetically and openly wishing injuries against the Steelers in this game because it's just part of the game w/ them.  You know when it's a Steelers/Bengals game there is going to be injuries.  And I'd rather it be us dishing it out than them.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 02:31 PM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: It Hardly matters.

The Bengals will end up with the 3 seed, and Pittsburgh the 6

They will come to PB Stadium in January and throat stop us in the playoffs for #5 L in a row

One Franchise has accomplished so much in the last 25 years, the other franchise has accomplished nothing.

Steelers Bengals.  Wild Card Wknd.    Bengal go home like always.  Sad, but probable

Not this year.  This team is different.  Were you around in 81 and 88?  It feels like that.  Barring injury, we're going very far.  My thoughts are without Bell the Steelers will struggle.  Ben R is a great QB but he's still rusty and he just lost his best offensive weapon.  
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 02:58 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Not this year.  This team is different.  Were you around in 81 and 88?  It feels like that.  Barring injury, we're going very far.  My thoughts are without Bell the Steelers will struggle.  Ben R is a great QB but he's still rusty and he just lost his best offensive weapon.  

They look good, but we have all seen this before in Cincinnati.   Both from the Reds and Bengals

Until they show up and excel in the postseason, they deserve zero credit. 
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 02:50 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Celebrating injury you say?
https://vine.co/v/e3UvXnWJaOx

Then Mitchell tells Green, "You're next"

Classy hypocritical bunch.

Foster's just angry because Geno routinely makes him look bad.

You don't hear that crap coming out of Rothlisberger, Brown or Bryant.   You hear about it from the team jerks.

You have to wonder about the long history of Steeler db's combining to injure other Bengals players.   It seems like a trained technique for one player to set up the Bengal for a big hit.

I generally think of Tomlin as a class act, and these things go back to the Noll days so maybe it's just a player thing...
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 03:25 PM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: They look good, but we have all seen this before in Cincinnati.   Both from the Reds and Bengals

Until they show up and excel in the postseason, they deserve zero credit. 

I guess the difference I am old so I have seen the great Reds teams of the 70s and I've seen the two Bengals SB teams. This team is close.  This may be the year.
Reply/Quote