Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Steeler stat nobody talks about.
(11-30-2017, 05:31 PM)Antares Wrote: Well if you have a Super Bowl roster, shouldn't you be in the Super Bowl? What do they say about this in Pittsburgh or New England?

Coaching factors in too. I'd say about 6-8 teams have rosters capable of winning a Super Bowl each year.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2017, 02:50 PM)Air Force 1 Wrote: Tyler Eifert sure has been hurt a lot lately..I wonder when was the last time...OUCH!  

WHO THREW THAT DAMNED SHOE ?!!!

[Image: qwFZJ0j.gif]
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5557422]

(11-30-2017, 05:17 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No one is mocking anybody. It's called levity. It's something dudes do, bust each other's balls. It's kind of an initiation thing. 

Lol, yep. I remember getting roasted for my first Marvin thread back in the day. I claimed Bengals fans had been conditioned to be content with mediocrity.

It did NOT go over well. Man... McC and Freddy were fired up that day. Hilarious
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2017, 09:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: [Image: qwFZJ0j.gif]
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5557422]

Lol, yep. I remember getting roasted for my first Marvin thread back in the day. I claimed Bengals fans had been conditioned to be content with mediocrity.

It did NOT go over well. Man... McC and Freddy were fired up that day. Hilarious

Wait...you started a thread? I thought I was the only one allowed to do that!?!?  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2017, 09:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Wait...you started a thread? I thought I was the only one allowed to do that!?!?  Hilarious

It was a long time ago. I learned my lesson.  Mellow
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2017, 10:10 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It was a long time ago. I learned my lesson.  Mellow

I never see anyone say they learned their mistake on here. 1st for that!
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2017, 10:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I never see anyone say they learned their mistake on here. 1st for that!

I've never seen anyone say they've never seen anything posted on here. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2017, 03:47 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I've never seen anyone say they've never seen anything posted on here. Mellow

See....!!! Hilarious

Did ya have to do that?????
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2017, 03:47 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I've never seen anyone say they've never seen anything posted on here. Mellow

1st one of the day... Dilly Dilly!!! Cool
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2017, 11:33 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: I'm surprised no one brings up that John Ross never sees the field. Have we all forgotten our first round pick? Does he even exist? What is life?

Think they owe us an explanation about his lack of playing. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2017, 11:33 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: I'm surprised no one brings up that John Ross never sees the field. Have we all forgotten our first round pick? Does he even exist? What is life?

I feel like Ross sees the field. In fact, he has a better view from the sideline than people in the stands.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2017, 12:11 PM)bengals67 Wrote: True- this has been discussed.

But this is still a great thread.

It needs to be said over and over and over.

Thanks to OP for re-stating these facts.

When I said "Never discussed" It doesn't necessarily mean in this forum. If you asked any Bengal fan on his lunch break what Marvin's record is vs the Steelahs, he will have no clue. Marvin lovers like Ken Broo do know. But refuse to talk about it.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2017, 01:15 PM)Antares Wrote: When I said "Never discussed" It doesn't necessarily mean in this forum. If you asked any Bengal fan on his lunch break what Marvin's record is vs the Steelahs, he will have no clue. Marvin lovers like Ken Broo do know. But refuse to talk about it.

Gotcha. You're right. The local media doesn't really bring up the horrible records in prime-time, playoffs or vs Steelers...and they certainly don't hold Marv's feet to the fire over it. I've been under the impression that Mike may try to control local media by threatening to take away access. It's just another way the Bengals avoid accountability. 
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2017, 02:31 PM)jason Wrote: Certainly not defending Marvin Lewis, but you don't remember the win against the Seahawks in 15, Pittsburgh in 12 & 05, Green Bay and New England in 13? I'm sure most non Bengals fans don't, but most of us would.

That is pretty weak considering many people Believe that the Bengals would have at least one super bowl ring by now if the head coach had not squandered some of the best talent in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
You stopped watching the NFL because they took a knee lol, I'd stop watching the NFL if they don't let them take a knee.
#ImWithStoopid
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2017, 11:47 PM)Antares Wrote: If my calculations are correct. After Monday night, Marvin"s record will fall to 8 wins and 32 losses against da Steelahs. How is it possible that with this kind of dismal record against your arch rival, Marvin has not been run out of town? The underachieving, the playoff futility and lack of any real signature wins is one thing, but this stat is absurd. It has to be some type of NFL record for choking against one team

I won't be watching the game, because I decided to take a knee on the NFL the day after Baltimore took a knee in London. I have not seen a single play since then. Which is probably a good thing. The last thing I want to watch is Marvin getting humiliated yet again by Tomlin. I have no interest in watching Brady or Ben hoist that trophy again either. But if the players stop their whine fest, I may be watching again next year. Hopefully Marvin free.

#1....Bengals could win this game with Steelers.  Often Bengals lose one and come back and win next one, see 2005, 2012 and many years.  The points from first game don't carry over and score starts at 0 to 0.  

Your second paragraph has NOTHING to do with Steelers at Bengals Game.  I could mention that people including President defend KKK rights to protest and call them, " Good People ", but black athletes taking a knee or arm in arm in non violent protest as Gandhi or King are considered , " Bad People ". I could mention the flag and National Anthem are if nothing else about the words, LIFE, LIBERTY and PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS. Those words mean these athletes have the right to protest and you have the right to never watch NFL again. None of this though has anything to do with Steelers at Bengals of which you assume Bengals will lose, but the game isn't played on paper or on computer so Bengals have beat Steelers before when everybody said Steelers would win. NOBODY thought Bengals would beat Steelers in 2012 as they knocked Steelers out of play-offs and put Bengals in. So I'm watching it and if Bengals win you will miss a good game.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2017, 02:35 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: You stopped watching the NFL because they took a knee lol, I'd stop watching the NFL if they don't let them take a knee.
#ImWithStoopid

Now how dare you go and make sense about this??  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2017, 02:35 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: You stopped watching the NFL because they took a knee lol, I'd stop watching the NFL if they don't let them take a knee.
#ImWithStoopid

You must not watch any NBA then. Pretty sure NCAA has rules against it as well.
Reply/Quote