Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers rack up big fines from Chiefs game
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21093581/mike-mitchell-pittsburgh-steelers-earned-plenty-fines-kansas-city-chiefs

I like how in the same game he immediately got "repeat offender" status and the second in-game fine was significantly larger.

Reminds me of getting 2 tickets in the same day and having to go to court twice. Stood behind a guy in line with "repeat offender status" having 25 moving violations in 2 years. (No idea how he still had his license).

The judge said "wow, you have a lot of moving violations too" to me right after; I had 3 tickets in 2 years (including the 2 on one day). I didn't say anything, but 25 to 3...
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 09:23 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: To me this is still a cover up that the refs are on their side, but make it look like not really.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21093581/mike-mitchell-pittsburgh-steelers-earned-plenty-fines-kansas-city-chiefs

I like how in the same game he immediately got "repeat offender" status and the second in-game fine was significantly larger.

Reminds me of getting 2 tickets in the same day and having to go to court twice. Stood behind a guy in line with "repeat offender status" having 25 moving violations in 2 years. (No idea how he still had his license).

The judge said "wow, you have a lot of moving violations too" to me right after; I had 3 tickets in 2 years (including the 2 on one day). I didn't say anything, but 25 to 3...

$9K for going low on a QB? That's it?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
They'll be rescinded quietly in a couple months.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 09:23 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: To me this is still a cover up that the refs are on their side, but make it look like not really.

If the NFL was serious about CTE and player safety, they would make any two personal fouls in the same game an automatic ejection.  If they find on review an uncalled personal foul that is deemed fine worthy, they should start the following game with one strike against them.
Reply/Quote
Weak. Hate this forum during Steelers week.

Reply/Quote
The NFL allows them to use terror to install fear in opponents. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 11:21 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Weak. Hate this forum during Steelers week.

Don't read it then Mellow

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 11:21 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Weak. Hate this forum during Steelers week.

Why are you even hear? I swear, I don't think I've read any post from you that wasn't complaining about the forum and various posts. If it sucks so much, then why do you keep coming here?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 11:29 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Don't read it then Mellow

Bingo.  Solution simple. Took the words right outa my mouth.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Kinda surprising there were fines at all. Just goes to show ya Andy Reid carries more weight than Marvin, both literally and figuratively.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Here's the thing. The NFL will slap them with a few small fines and call it a day. The media will sweep it under the rug (give it a brief mention and move on) and the Steelers will never get the reputation they deserve. I also damn near guarantee that you won't ever see any key Steelers players or coaches get suspended for dirty play. Heck, even James Harrison never got suspended IIRC.

I'd like to believe that the NFL is turning over a new leaf here...but I seriously doubt it.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 11:00 AM)Whatever Wrote: If the NFL was serious about CTE and player safety, they would make any two personal fouls in the same game an automatic ejection.  If they find on review an uncalled personal foul that is deemed fine worthy, they should start the following game with one strike against them.
Exactly...Here is the rule for ejection....You can't punch, hit or cuss at someone more than two times but you can take out their knees or take off their head and it is ok....What a joke....

Section 4 Automatic Disqualification. Article 1. Multiple Fouls.

In addition to any penalty referenced elsewhere in the Official Playing Rules, a player will be automatically disqualified in the event that player is penalized twice in the same game for committing one of the unsportsmanlike conduct fouls listed below, or a combination of the fouls listed below:
1. Throwing a punch, or a forearm, or kicking at an opponent, even though no contact is made.
2. Using abusive, threatening, or insulting language or gestures to opponents, teammates, officials, or representatives of the League.
3. Using baiting or taunting acts or words that engender ill will between teams.
The player will be automatically disqualified regardless of whether the penalty is accepted or declined by the opponent. The fouls do not have to be judged by the official to be flagrant for the automatic disqualification to occur, and any foul that occurs during the pregame warm-up period will carry over into the game. Nothing in this section supersedes the Game Official's discretion to judge a foul to be flagrant and disqualify the player based on one occurrence. The addition of a new Section 4 will cause the current Section 4 to become Section 5.
Reply/Quote
I was pissed off when I saw that Mitchell only got a $48k fine for his hit on Smith. Then we find out it was actually a $9k fine. I’m sure he’ll appeal and get off Scott free. It disgusts me.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 12:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Here's the thing. The NFL will slap them with a few small fines and call it a day. The media will sweep it under the rug (give it a brief mention and move on) and the Steelers will never get the reputation they deserve. I also damn near guarantee that you won't ever see any key Steelers players or coaches get suspended for dirty play. Heck, even James Harrison never got suspended IIRC.

I'd like to believe that the NFL is turning over a new leaf here...but I seriously doubt it.

They appear to be turning it over on Vontaze Burfict's head.  And it's not an oak leaf.  It's a table leaf.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 12:14 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Exactly...Here is the rule for ejection....You can't punch, hit or cuss at someone more than two times but you can take out their knees or take off their head and it is ok....What a joke....

Section 4 Automatic Disqualification. Article 1. Multiple Fouls.

In addition to any penalty referenced elsewhere in the Official Playing Rules, a player will be automatically disqualified in the event that player is penalized twice in the same game for committing one of the unsportsmanlike conduct fouls listed below, or a combination of the fouls listed below:
1. Throwing a punch, or a forearm, or kicking at an opponent, even though no contact is made.
2. Using abusive, threatening, or insulting language or gestures to opponents, teammates, officials, or representatives of the League.
3. Using baiting or taunting acts or words that engender ill will between teams.
The player will be automatically disqualified regardless of whether the penalty is accepted or declined by the opponent. The fouls do not have to be judged by the official to be flagrant for the automatic disqualification to occur, and any foul that occurs during the pregame warm-up period will carry over into the game. Nothing in this section supersedes the Game Official's discretion to judge a foul to be flagrant and disqualify the player based on one occurrence. The addition of a new Section 4 will cause the current Section 4 to become Section 5.

The league continues to appear to go out of their way to be more and more ridiculous.  And guess what, the unstoppable force, the untouchable monster is turning people away, which is a thing I'm sure they never thought would happen.  It's a trickle now, but you know what a trickle can turn into.

Reply/Quote

The truth hurts!  There is no way the NFL will allow the Bengals to win on Sunday.  Look for phantom holds and no call holds!  Pats, Packers, and Steelers get preferential treatment and anyone that cannot see that is delusional!! 
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 11:32 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Why are you even hear? I swear, I don't think I've read any post from you that wasn't complaining about the forum and various posts. If it sucks so much, then why do you keep coming here?

Maybe some people want to talk football without every thread/conversation turning into how the refs and NFL are out to get the Bengals. That's all this forum has been for the past 2 weeks. It's a weak cry baby excuse and pathetic to keep reading for 2 weeks and then probably have to read for another week. 

To answer your question with an equally dumb question; why are people here if they already have it made up in their mind the Bengals can't win because of the refs?
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 01:10 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Maybe some people want to talk football without every thread/conversation turning into how the refs and NFL are out to get the Bengals. That's all this forum has been for the past 2 weeks. It's a weak cry baby excuse and pathetic to keep reading for 2 weeks and then probably have to read for another week. 

To answer your question with an equally dumb question; why are people here if they already have it made up in their mind the Bengals can't win because of the refs?

Let it be clear, that this 'cowboy' does NOT believe the refs are 'out to get the Bengals' whatsoever!  They are out to 'protect' the Steelers, Pats, Packers, and Cowboys!
Reply/Quote
The crazy thing is the hit on Alex Smith was Mitchell intentionally trying to injure him. He wasn't coming down hill and leading with the helmet or hitting a helmet in a bang bang play. Mitchell watched the ball leave Smiths hands and then aimed to injure.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 01:17 PM)Synric Wrote: The crazy thing is the hit on Alex Smith was Mitchell intentionally trying to injure him. He wasn't coming down hill and leading with the helmet or hitting a helmet in a bang bang play. Mitchell watched the ball leave Smiths hands and then aimed to injure.

He dove at the man's knees.  Not only violating the rules but also violating the unwritten code.  That kinda shit can bring on reprisals.  I don't see how he wouldn't be on every team's shit list.  What Mitchell is is a hitman.

Reply/Quote