Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers sign Ladarius Green
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/09/steelers-reach-deal-with-former-chargers-tight-end-ladarius-green/

4 year, 20 million dollar deal
People suck
Reply/Quote
I hope we can resign Beachum and wouldn't be against resigning Wheaton, but we don't really need him and he's going to go somewhere who pays him #2 receiver money. We could spend every draft pick on defenders, mainly corners, a strong safety if we don't get Weddle and probably a nose tackle.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 11:06 AM)6andcounting Wrote: I hope we can resign Beachum and wouldn't be against resigning Wheaton, but we don't really need him and he's going to go somewhere who pays him #2 receiver money. We could spend every draft pick on defenders, mainly corners, a strong safety if we don't get Weddle and probably a nose tackle.

beachum is a long shot for resigning i think. all depends on if cortez allen restructures his deal (and he should)

im happy with the play of the former army ranger, and the team is too since they brought him back as well

hopefully they can stay healthy and grab a DB, safety in the first and 2nd rounds
People suck
Reply/Quote
Shiiiiiiiiiit
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 12:15 PM)Griever Wrote: beachum is a long shot for resigning i think. all depends on if cortez allen restructures his deal (and he should)

im happy with the play of the former army ranger, and the team is too since they brought him back as well

hopefully they can stay healthy and grab a DB, safety in the first and 2nd rounds

You're way off base.  This is what you should do--

1--Punter
2--Long Snapper
3--QB of the future
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 01:57 PM)McC Wrote: You're way off base.  This is what you should do--

1--Punter
2--Long Snapper
3--QB of the future

they have a punter, they res-signed greg warren (long snapper)

and ben is going to sell his soul so he never stops playing

thats why things arent working out for dalton and the bengals...he has no soul to bargain with
People suck
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 12:15 PM)Griever Wrote: beachum is a long shot for resigning i think. all depends on if cortez allen restructures his deal (and he should)

I'm not worried if Villi is the starting left tackle next year, but beachum has been even better. And it also fills the back-up role, while giving Villi one more year to grow into a left tackle. He played like a legit LT last year, but nonetheless he's a receiver convert to D end convert to offensive tackle. I'd be happy giving beachum the 1 year deal the rumor says we are offering.

Cortez seemed better last year in the short time before he got hurt, but I still don't know about him. I don't think we want to cut him, but his cap hit from doing so would be manageable this year if that's the option if he doesn't take a pay cut.

Landing Weddle would really give the Steelers draft room to draft a luxury player if we don't choose to take best corner available every pick. I'm leaning toward a luxury player who can be the starting punt and kick returner day one and not another 175 pound running back project with a 3rd round pick.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 03:22 PM)6andcounting Wrote: I'm not worried if Villi is the starting left tackle next year, but beachum has been even better. And it also fills the back-up role, while giving Villi one more year to grow into a left tackle. He played like a legit LT last year, but nonetheless he's a receiver convert to  D end convert to offensive tackle. I'd be happy giving beachum the 1 year deal the rumor says we are offering.

Cortez seemed better last year in the short time before he got hurt, but I still don't know about him. I don't think we want to cut him, but his cap hit from doing so would be manageable this year if that's the option if he doesn't take a pay cut.

Landing Weddle would really give the Steelers draft room to draft a luxury player if we don't choose to take best corner available every pick. I'm leaning toward a luxury player who can be the starting punt and kick returner day one and not another 175 pound running back project with a 3rd round pick.
Isn't Weddle getting a little long in the tooth?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 03:24 PM)McC Wrote: Isn't Weddle getting a little long in the tooth?

Looks like Weddle will go the Raiders.

Good signing on the TE. I wonder how this will affect the running game. Dude isn't a blocker. Will they have to sign a blocking TE?
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 03:07 PM)Griever Wrote: they have a punter, they res-signed greg warren (long snapper)

and ben is going to sell his soul so he never stops playing

thats why things arent working out for dalton and the bengals...he has no soul to bargain with

Wait, I thought he sold his soul to avoid jail time. And for a candy bar.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 03:59 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Looks like Weddle will go the Raiders.

Good signing on the TE. I wonder how this will affect the running game.    Dude isn't a blocker.   Will they have to sign a blocking TE?

I dunno. The Chargers opted on a two-year, $12 million dollar contract with a 36-year old (Gates) who missed a good chunk of last season. If they weren't that high on Green to keep him around, I dunno if it will translate into much for the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 04:41 PM)Benton Wrote: I dunno. The Chargers opted on a two-year, $12 million dollar contract with a 36-year old (Gates) who missed a good chunk of last season. If they weren't that high on Green to keep him around, I dunno if it will translate into much for the Steelers.

he played well when gates was suspended, and probably would have been a starter on other teams

i just like this because now they dont have to spend a 1st/2nd on a TE
People suck
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 05:32 PM)Griever Wrote: he played well when gates was suspended, and probably would have been a starter on other teams

i just like this because now they dont have to spend a 1st/2nd on a TE

Just surprised me. Seems like SD would've kept him around. As it is, they're going to have to look at replacing Gates sometime in the near future.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 03:24 PM)McC Wrote: Isn't Weddle getting a little long in the tooth?
I don't understand your AARP slang, but winning a bidding war for the best FA at a given position is never on the Steelers' "must do" list.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 04:41 PM)Benton Wrote: I dunno. The Chargers opted on a two-year, $12 million dollar contract with a 36-year old (Gates) who missed a good chunk of last season. If they weren't that high on Green to keep him around, I dunno if it will translate into much for the Steelers.

He is basically a glorified WR. Which will end up hurting their running game. And I am down with that lol.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 06:12 PM)Benton Wrote: Just surprised me. Seems like SD would've kept him around. As it is, they're going to have to look at replacing Gates sometime in the near future.
Was giving their #2 tight end, in an offense that pretty much only features 1 tight end, 4 year/$20 million really going to work for them?

I guess you can say they chose keeping an older Gates over a younger Green with a longer future, but can you blame them for not getting rid of Gates? Especially if the only reason to do so would be to avoiding having to find a starting tight end 3 years from now.

Do the Steelers want to lose Wheaton? No, but I doubt we even attempt to resign him. We resigned a much older DHB before he even became a FA. Some team will give Wheaton #2 money to be their #2 receiver. It's the same situation with the Chargers and their #2 TE. Older guy resigned and the younger guy goes somewhere with a bigger role for him in the offense.
Reply/Quote
Bell......Bryant..... LT G C G RT .....DHB/Jesse James.......... Green ..........Brown

or with the same personnel we go

Bryant.........DHB in slot/James on the line ... LT G C G RT Green.................. Brown --------- and Bell goes to the backfield

=

GAME OVER
Reply/Quote