Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Steelers vs Bengals
(12-17-2015, 12:18 PM)Wyche Wrote: Claussen gonna catch some of that Fightin' Leprechaun gold and bust that ass! Hilarious LMAO

Where's Poe? LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

May be Mallett by then. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 02:17 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: With Andy...Different game.

Though i'm sure you don't believe that one.

He didn't prove up till that point that it would have.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 02:17 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: With Andy...Different game.

Though i'm sure you don't believe that one.

If he didn't hurt himself on the first drive, one of those dirty Steelers would have got him out of there a drive or 2 later anyways. Ninja
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 03:04 PM)6andcounting Wrote: If he didn't hurt himself on the first drive, one of those dirty Steelers would have got him out of there a drive or 2 later anyways. Ninja

.....minus, the ninja, this is something I can agree with.

Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 12:04 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: There are currently two team that occupy Wild Card spots, you don't. A playoff isn't guaranteed, that's my point.

(12-17-2015, 02:19 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Let me help you understand.

Steeler fan logic: Assumption = reality

I explained this in another thread, but I'll educate you here as well, since 6andcounting and SCS don't seem to be getting through to you. 

If all three teams win out, the Chiefs will have the 5th seed locked down because they already lead the most applicable tiebreaker - in-conference record.  

It is also true that the Jets currently have the advantage on the 6th seed tiebreaker.  They have it because they currently have a better in-conference record than the Steelers, by a half game.  

However, the Steelers have one conference game in hand over the Jets because the Jets have one NFC game left on their schedule (the Steleers are done with the NFC).  What this means is that if both teams win out, their respective conference records will be identical, which means we move to the NEXT tiebreaker. 

The next tiebreaker is record vs. common opponents.  Despite what 6andcounting wrote earlier, it doesn't come into play unless conference records are identical, which they will be if they all win out.  And if they all win out, Pittsburgh wins that one. 

Therefore, if all three teams win out, it will be the Chiefs and the Steelers getting in.  The Steelers control their own destiny.  

Yellow is right, though - it's not guaranteed.  But even if the Steelers lose to the Broncos, it's pretty likely that the Jets will also lose to the Patriots, keeping both teams even.  The fact is that only SEEMS like the Steelers have more hurdles to climb than the actually do.  It's actually more likely than not that they get in.  

THIS Steeler fan's logic: Reality = Reality.  
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 07:00 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I explained this in another thread, but I'll educate you here as well, since 6andcounting and SCS don't seem to be getting through to you. 

If all three teams win out, the Chiefs will have the 5th seed locked down because they already lead the most applicable tiebreaker - in-conference record.  

It is also true that the Jets currently have the advantage on the 6th seed tiebreaker.  They have it because they currently have a better in-conference record than the Steelers, by a half game.  

However, the Steelers have one conference game in hand over the Jets because the Jets have one NFC game left on their schedule (the Steleers are done with the NFC).  What this means is that if both teams win out, their respective conference records will be identical, which means we move to the NEXT tiebreaker. 

The next tiebreaker is record vs. common opponents.  Despite what 6andcounting wrote earlier, it doesn't come into play unless conference records are identical, which they will be if they all win out.  And if they all win out, Pittsburgh wins that one. 

Therefore, if all three teams win out, it will be the Chiefs and the Steelers getting in.  The Steelers control their own destiny.  

Yellow is right, though - it's not guaranteed.  But even if the Steelers lose to the Broncos, it's pretty likely that the Jets will also lose to the Patriots, keeping both teams even.  The fact is that only SEEMS like the Steelers have more hurdles to climb than the actually do.  It's actually more likely than not that they get in.  

THIS Steeler fan's logic: Reality = Reality.  
Steelers and jets will both win out and these guys will still shit themselves over the conspiracy that the NFL just chose the Steelers into the playoffs over the jets because the Goodell is a Steeler fan or something.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 08:07 PM)6andcounting Wrote: HSteelers and jets will both win out and these guys will still shit themselves over the conspiracy that the NFL just chose the Steelers into the playoffs over the jets because the Goodell is a Steeler fan or something.

Well, Rooney and Goodell are chums, you know.  
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 02:52 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: He didn't prove up till that point that it would have.

Driving right down to the 5 yd line on the first series...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 11:23 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Well, Rooney and Goodell are chums, you know.  

Yeah in the same way that John Travolta and his massage boys are "chums"
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 03:04 PM)6andcounting Wrote: If he didn't hurt himself on the first drive, one of those dirty Steelers would have got him out of there a drive or 2 later anyways. Ninja

Tru!

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 07:00 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I explained this in another thread, but I'll educate you here as well, since 6andcounting and SCS don't seem to be getting through to you. 

This is where i stopped reading because i'm already aware of that.

"playoff spot not guaranteed" is the part i was speaking to. Which is quite relevant when Steelers fans keep talking "if we win out...".

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 11:38 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: This is where i stopped reading because i'm already aware of that.

"playoff spot not guaranteed" is the part i was speaking to. Which is quite relevant when Steelers fans keep talking "if we win out...".

You should have kept reading.

If we win out we are guaranteed a playoff spot.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 12:46 AM)Vlad Wrote: You should have kept reading.

If we win out we are guaranteed a playoff spot.

IF

Reply/Quote
The only team that needs the Jets to lose a game...is the Bengals. Especically if the Bengals can't win with their back up QB.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25414477/heres-how-the-bengals-could-still-miss-the-playoffs

Quote:Cincy is probably going to make the playoffs -- SportsLine's projections give them a 99.8 percent chance of getting in -- but they are not definitely going to make the playoffs. There's a Lloyd Christmas chance of them falling apart down the stretch.

So how could this unlikely scenario shake out for the Bengals? Four things have to happen.

Bengals Lose Out: They need to lose out first of all. This is actually the least likely scenario, with Cincy getting both the 49ers and Ravens in their final three games. However, the Bengals are on the road at San Francisco (SportsLine projects Cincy winning 64 percent of the time) this week which doesn't make it a gimme.

They get the Broncos on the road the following week, certainly a losable game. And even if Jimmy Clausen is starting at three positions for Baltimore in Week 17 you have to think John Harbaugh is going to get his team amped for a divisional game.

Steelers Win Out: The Steelers are rolling on offense right now, giving this a reasonable chance of happening (they also are keenly aware they could need to win out just to make the postseason). Denver at home isn't a freebie, although it's about the same as Cincy at San Fran, with SportsLine giving the Steelers an outright win 67 percent of the time. Road games against the Ravens and Browns should be wins provided full health for Ben Roethlisberger. Entirely plausible situation here.

Chiefs Win Out: This feels ... likely? Ten games in a row. Why not? Kansas City gets the Ravens on the road (SportsLine projects them winning 64 percent of the time) and then the Browns and Raiders at home. KC isn't some high-powered juggernaut, but it feels like it's going to close out the year with double-digit wins.

Jets Win Out: And this is the least likely? Mainly because you can't trust the Jets to close out the season on a six-game win streak including a victory over the Patriots. They do get the Cowboys this week (SportsLine projects them to win 68 percent of the time) and the Patriots game is at home, so maybe there's a shot against Rex Ryan in the final week for the Jets to win 11 games. Feels unlikely but certainly not improbable.

Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 09:36 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: please provide evidence of your assertion above.  Hint, it does not exist.  loser.

Sure, it does. Right here:

(12-16-2015, 09:36 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Burfict's hit on Big Ben was dirty.

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I can see Harbaugh tanking the Bengals game for two reasons:

1. Screwing over the steelers.

2. Getting a better draft pick.

Those two incentives may be way more enticing than a division win in a lost season.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 05:24 PM)Beaker Wrote: I can see Harbaugh tanking the Bengals game for two reasons:

1. Screwing over the steelers.

2. Getting a better draft pick.

Those two incentives may be way more enticing than a division win in a lost season.

Why would you even bring this up?  The Bengals would have to lose their next two for that game to be  relevant. Are you that unsure of their chances in those games?  
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2015, 03:26 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Why would you even bring this up?  The Bengals would have to lose their next two for that game to be  relevant. Are you that unsure of their chances in those games?  

In response to post 74 scenarios saying harbaugh will have his team amped up for a divisional game.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 01:09 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Sure, it does. Right here:

Mellow

hmmmmmm....something seems dirty here..... 

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 11:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Driving right down to the 5 yd line on the first series...

awwwwww...that interception really stings you bad doesn't it?

Reply/Quote