Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers whining yet again...
(10-22-2016, 12:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Generally speaking, no. Bengals fans (for the most part) don't pretend Burfict isn't dirty. That's the key difference. I don't think our fanbase ever had a big problem with Harrison. Just look at when we signed him. There wasn't much backlash. Now imagine if we'd signed Hines. I think Cincy would've had a riot. I'd say he was the closest comparison for how your fans feel about Burfict.

I don't think I ever saw a Steeler fan question Ward's tactics. It was always "keep your head on a swivel" when talking about him. Bengals fans pretty much openly admit that Burfict is dirty. Therefore, no hypocrisy on our side.

Fwiw, I agreed with the rest of your post. It sucks when your defensive MVP gets targeted by the league.
Oh I absolutely guarantee you that if Cincinnati would've signed Hines Ward your fanbase would've embraced him. Just as if the Steelers sign Burfict then the majority of Steelers fans would all of the sudden like him. 

(10-22-2016, 01:17 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah Shake...I never had a big issue with 92....and felt he got targeted like 55 is now.  The only problem with James was when he ear holed guys when a rib shot would've sufficed.

Turds like Garvin....Ward....Wallace...Mitchell....Shazier...and the little ***** that bitched about the hit on Bennett....but had a MUCH worse shot on an Eagles player in PRESEASON are the hypocritical douchebags I take issue with....and their corresponding fans.

Captain Obvious gets it....SCS does....and Strictly Biz seems to be getting there.  Others? Not so much.
LOL at implying that you guys are having some effect on me. I have my opinions and they're consistent and listening to Bengal fans here have no impact on them. 
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 10:19 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Oh I absolutely guarantee you that if Cincinnati would've signed Hines Ward your fanbase would've embraced him. Just as if the Steelers sign Burfict then the majority of Steelers fans would all of the sudden like him. 

The response to James in JN was luke-warm at best, with some who just refused to embrace him. I imagine the reaction to Hines would've been far worse. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 10:19 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Oh I absolutely guarantee you that if Cincinnati would've signed Hines Ward your fanbase would've embraced him. Just as if the Steelers sign Burfict then the majority of Steelers fans would all of the sudden like him. 

LOL at implying that you guys are having some effect on me. I have my opinions and they're consistent and listening to Bengal fans here have no impact on them. 

LOL at you implying that was what I was implying.....it had more to do with you being a noob compared to others.  I don't recall you being on the old board......and if you were there, I really don't give two shits one way or the other. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Is this really a surprise to anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 11:58 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The response to James in JN was luke-warm at best, with some who just refused to embrace him. I imagine the reaction to Hines would've been far worse. 
In all honesty, I kinda liked Hines Ward. Yeah it irritated me when he would mock us when he scored (riverdance, Ickey shuffle), but our guys do that too. I gotta admit, I loved when he would blast dudes. When he caught Bart Scott it was great. I lost all respect for Keith Rivers for letting that happen. He's supposed to being dishing that out, not taking it from a traditional diva position player. Guys would smash Ward, and he'd get up with his white ass teeth just grinning. That's demoralizing. I don't see how people can't respect a slow, unathletic guy who excelled at what he did for years. I personally would have loved him on the Bengals.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Right. Your opinions have more waffles than Waffle House.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 04:37 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: It drives me crazy when peoples defense of one of their players is "Oh yeah, well what about yours."

It's like politics. Any criticism of Clinton is seen as an endorsement of Trump and vice versa and next thing you know you're arguing about something off topic. Newsflash...both candidates suck and all teams have questionable players.

It's probably because of one fact: The fact that the Steeler fanbase, The Steeler Organization, and the majority of the NFL don't acknowledge that the AFC North is known for dirty play aside from saying "Hurr physical division". So yeah, it's probably a knee-jerk response to the organizations that spout Hines Ward, James Harrison, and Hell; even erect a ***** statue of Ray Lewis but somehow find the time to complain about a lick Burfict put on Maxx Williams, Antonio Brown, or Laevon Bell. Something something glass house.
Reply/Quote
Poor whittle Whamon Foster is afwaid someone is going to hurt him.....because they take cheap shots.... you know, like this one.....

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2016, 08:10 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This time about N'Damukong Suh, and of course it's only an excuse to bring up Burfict and continue their relentless campaign to talk him out of the league.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/20/steelers-angry-with-suh-foster-has-strong-words-for-goodell/#comment-5305844

Poor poor Foster, who will ever protect him from dirty players? Oh wait... don't forget a couple of these, Sled.

[Image: steelersthumbinbutt.gif]
[Image: BJn7gmE.gif]

Just a couple of the more blatant ones relatively recently from off the top of my head.

That last one is significantly worse than the Burfict hit that all the Steelers wanted him banned from the NFL for.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2016, 08:03 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Just a couple of the more blatant ones relatively recently from off the top of my head.
Admitting to knowing anything about Ramon Foster off of the top of your head is smacking yourself.

Off the top of my head I'm not even sure if he plays left or right guard.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2016, 08:08 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Admitting to knowing anything about Ramon Foster off of the top of your head is smacking yourself.

None of those are Foster. As least I don't think so. Is the stinky thumb OL Foster?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2016, 08:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: None of those are Foster. As least I don't think so. Is the stinky thumb OL Foster?

The other dirty sumbitch on their oline....Cody Wallace.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote