Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Stephen A. Smith says Bengals embarrassed NFL in London

“Marvin Lewis needs to go. I’m not a fan of Marvin Lewis and the job he’s done in Cincinnati,” Smith said. “He’s been there for 12 complete years. I think he’s in his 13th or 14th year. They still have not won a playoff game, and it looks like it’s going to be another year that they fail to do it. 

“I think the citizens of Cincinnati deserve better. I think the media needs to do its job better by calling this man out instead of worrying what the hell I’m saying about ‘em, which they’ve tended to do. Why don’t you call him out for what he’s not doing, which is winning football games when it counts.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 200w.gif]
Reply/Quote
Stephen A. Smith as a joke. He just says whatever stirs the pot.

I don't care if he picks the zbengals to win the Super Bowl. He is still a joke.,
Reply/Quote
Hard to argue with anything he said, despite the fact I hate the dude.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
I can't sit through 18 minutes of that guy but as for the quote in the op, abso-frickin-lutely.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 06:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Stephen A. Smith as a joke.  He just says whatever stirs the pot.

I don't care if he picks the zbengals to win the Super Bowl.  He is still a joke.,

Absolutely agree.... But in this case, he is far from wrong.
Reply/Quote
The most bothersome thing with Marvin's teams is they always seem to embarrass themselves in the post season...  no matter if in regular play or actions on the field.

So nice to be riding high winning in the regular season...  only to get kicked in the nuts.

[Image: th?id=OIP.Mace0789232b81329aea34dd35db41...=279&h=187]

I guess we're supposed to enjoy it like some kind of S&M thing.  Thanks Marv.  Might we have another?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
First thing football related Stephen A has said that I agree with
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 06:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Stephen A. Smith as a joke.  He just says whatever stirs the pot.

I don't care if he picks the zbengals to win the Super Bowl.  He is still a joke.,

Say what you may about Steven A. Smith, he's intelligent. A real joke would be you taking him on in a football debate on his show.  
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 07:24 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Say what you may about Steven A. Smith, he's intelligent. A real joke would be you taking him on in a football debate on his show.  
Probably. But it's only because a few people can talk about something as stupid as sports with such clownish intensity. They act as if they are having an important discussion. The guy's a ****** boob.... Him and Bayless.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 07:44 PM)jason Wrote: Probably. But it's only because a few people can talk about something as stupid as sports with such clownish intensity. They act as if they are having an important discussion. The guy's a ****** boob.... Him and Bayless.

Let's not forget Stephen A's show is for entertainment purposes. I think the clownish intensity is part of the entertainment, and obviously, due to the show's popularity, it's working. 

In a football debate I don't think a "boob" would wipe the floor with most jungle board members, but I'm guessing Stephen A would.
Reply/Quote
Didn't bother watching the clip. "Embarrassed the NFL" is just nonsense. Most reaction in London was that it was an exciting game - one of the better in the series. People in London aren't Bengal hating media blowhards or frustrated Bengal fans and they're not bothered by a tie like American fans. To most of them it was an exciting game that was fought to the end.
Reply/Quote
Thank you Stephen a Smith for speaking for us fans, our clueless fans won't believe you but it needs to be said.
Reply/Quote
Furthermore he must want us to win or something
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 08:48 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Furthermore he must want us to win or something

Ha, no, he wants people to talk about him and his opinions.  He literally couldn't care less about us or any other fan base, franchise etc.., just as long as his name is floating around a smile will be across that muppet-looking face of his.
Reply/Quote
Man he went full in on the kickers. And he's right.

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 08:53 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Ha, no, he wants people to talk about him and his opinions.  He literally couldn't care less about us or any other fan base, franchise etc.., just as long as his name is floating around a smile will be across that muppet-looking face of his.
Yeah. But he does get a lil chubby every time he talks about Allen Iverson.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Can't stand the prick most of the time.....but he's right.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 08:53 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Ha, no, he wants people to talk about him and his opinions.  He literally couldn't care less about us or any other fan base, franchise etc.., just as long as his name is floating around a smile will be across that muppet-looking face of his.

So true, but his words this day resonated with the fans. He called out Nugent. LOL

More importantly though I doubt Mikey Brown heard a word of it or cares what the fans think of this season. He certainly didn't give a crap in 90s. Now if this Smith dude would just go off on Mikey like that as well.

Reply/Quote
He's the ambulance chaser of the Sports media world. But he is right about Marvin. I wouldn't say they embarrassed the NFL in London. Don't forget our home sports have a lot of draws/ties so its no biggie to the local population, And i liked the drama of it all if not the end result.
Reply/Quote