Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stephen A Smith unloads on Marvin
(10-12-2016, 01:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: Marvin was just asked about this and got up and walked out. Can't run from what the rest of the outside world knows.

(10-12-2016, 01:36 PM)bengals73 Wrote: "That's not even worth a response" *giggles*  *drops mic & walks off* -Marv

It is worth a response though and needs to be addressed by somebody at the Bengals organization, so sick of the "good not great" attitude with this team.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 01:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: Marvin was just asked about this and got up and walked out. Can't run from what the rest of the outside world knows.

Link?
Reply/Quote
Let me preface what I am going to say with this first. Yes, I know that a anyone can be a football journalist, and some can be good ones, without ever having played a snap of organized football.

HOWEVER, I have absolutely zero respect for those, like this yahoo, who isn't good, and more times than not, has no idea what he is talking about!!
Reply/Quote
This is the first time I've been on since the Dallas loss. I didn't even listen to the clip from Smith. BUT, I'm not sure race had anything to do with it, and it shouldn't. Nobody but us holds onto non-productive coaches longer. And when it comes to Marvin, I have said on numerous occasions he should have been gone long ago. NOBODY consistently puts a team on the field in a road game that looks like they've never even played together before more than Marvin. Nobody makes worse/no halftime adjustments more consistently. Very few coaches in the league are less inspiring when you look over at the sidelines at any given point in the game. This brings up the next problem, though. The Bengals aren't known for getting rid of a coach and going out and hiring a top tier experienced guy. Hindsight is easy, but more than a few of us here wanted to dump Marvin and promote Zimmer even though we were making the playoffs. Too late for that obviously, but a move needs to be made sooner rather than later. Go get a real coach (not some obscure coordinator) and see if it doesn't make a difference. We are going nowhere now as it is, and I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel this week,either.
Reply/Quote