Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Stephon Gilmore anyone?

Reply/Quote
2 years and 30 get it done !!
Reply/Quote
I would love it. We'd have 4 good corners signed plus Davis.

Room for a high draft pick to develop a year + maybe bring back Fliwers in a niche role of covering TEs and big/slower WRs.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 08:55 PM)pulses Wrote: 2 years and 30 get it done !!

We cannot afford that, I do not think. 
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 08:58 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: We cannot afford that, I do not think. 

we haven't cut Waynes yet. That's almost 11 right there.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2022, 11:29 PM)casear2727 Wrote: All joking aside and before I make my guy mad, Im following up on the Carolina insiders that told me Gilmore would like to play here with a chance to get a ring, maybe he would be a little more guaranteed money friendly with a 2yr deal or something?

I wasn't sure what to think of this back when Tank of Asheville ESPN told me Gilmore had made this comment....

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 08:58 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: We cannot afford that, I do not think. 

It’d be tight but they could do it and still sign Collins. Obviously have to cut Waynes which should have been done already
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 09:02 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I wasn't sure what to think of this back when Tank of Asheville ESPN told me Gilmore had made this comment....

How about 2/25 with 16 mill guaranteed?   4.5 salary this year and 4.5 salary next year?
Reply/Quote
I'm down with that
Reply/Quote
Do you guys think he would get the same AV as TB Davis? Granted it's for one year less but Davis is 6yrs or so younger. Maybe my personal opinion on Gilmore is to low, I see him as a tier below Davis.

Before the FA period began I thought 2/30M or 3/45M would be required but it seems like the CB market is way down this off-season. Based on other contracts, would 2/20M seem comparable?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Interested to see how in play Cincy is. Depending on they structure the first year of a two year deal they can sign him and even Collins. Gilmore is more of a man coverage guy but still talented at his age.
Reply/Quote
Not sure why anyone would be against this signing. Instantly the best player in the secondary possibly the entire defense.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 03:34 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Not sure why anyone would be against this signing. Instantly the best player in the secondary possibly the entire defense.

I think you are underrating our secondary.

Hilton may be the best slot corner in the NFL, Awuzie played beyond his contract and our safeties, as proven as our playoff run, are not slouches.

I do agree that Gilmore would be a positive addition to the defense, but I don’t think it would make him instantly the best in the secondary.

Awuzie - 83
Hilton - 72
Bell - 74
Bates - 90 (post season, which is why people are torn on where to value him)

Gilmore - 77

Again… he would be a good addition, but not instantly the best
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 04:11 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I think you are underrating our secondary.  

Hilton may be the best slot corner in the NFL, Awuzie played beyond his contract and our safeties, as proven as our playoff run, are not slouches.  

I do agree that Gilmore would be a positive addition to the defense, but I don’t think it would make him instantly the best in the secondary.

Awuzie - 83
Hilton -  72
Bell - 74

Gilmore - 77

I dont know Bug.... cant live off PFF alone.

Gilmore is not only a 5 time pro bowler, he was the league Defensive Player of the Year. 

He may not be at his most elite level, but Im not sure we realize just how difficult it is to attain that level of success, he would be the best on our team this year in my opinion. 

Reply/Quote
If they could make the $ work it’s a no brainer. Would give the secondary great depth and really open up the draft even more.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 04:11 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I think you are underrating our secondary.  

Awuzie - 83
Hilton -  72
Bell - 74

Gilmore - 77

(03-20-2022, 04:21 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I dont know Bug.... cant live off PFF alone.

Gilmore is not only a 5 time pro bowler, he was the league Defensive Player of the Year. 

He may not be at his most elite level, but Im not sure we realize just how difficult it is to attain that level of success, he would be the best on our team this year in my opinion. 

Exactly what he said here at the end.

Guy won DPoY just a few seasons ago, he might be a step slower at 31 then he was at 28 but not enough that he isn't the #1 corner on the team.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 04:21 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I dont know Bug.... cant live off PFF alone.

I’m living more off of what I saw last year, and PFF verified it. It would be similar as if someone said Von Miller would instantly be the best DL we have because of the same historical knowledge. Sure, von Miller would be a great addition to our team but he wouldn’t INSTANTLY be the best.

That just goes to show how good and deep out secondary is (and DL).

If someone mentioned Bobby Wagner, then sure, instant. Lol
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 04:36 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Exactly what he said here at the end.

Guy won DPoY just a few seasons ago, he might be a step slower at 31 then he was at 28 but not enough that he isn't the #1 corner on the team.

Maybe, I think we are undervaluing Awuzie and Hilton. While Hilton isn’t the “1” he often locks down the other teams “1”, due to his position.

CATCH 22
While the Bengals offense is built with young players by way of the draft, the defense was built mostly through free agency.

https://www.bengals.com/news/four-bengals-make-pff-s-2021-all-pro-team

“ Looking for a fresh start, former Dallas Cowboy cornerback Awuzie found himself in the Queen City and has been a star ever since.
To date, No. 22 has recorded 53 solo tackles, two interceptions and 14 passes defended in 14 games.
In terms of PFF grades, Awuzie comes in as the highest grade AFC cornerback and the second-highest overall grade at 83.4. Awuzie's stardom shines brightest in coverage; he ranks third in the league with an 84.2 grade.
Joining Awuzie on the Second Team is Darius Slay of the Philadelphia Eagles; the First Team is made up of LA Ram Jalen Ramsey and Atlanta Falcon A.J. Terrell.”
Reply/Quote
Yes please!

Now that we have La’el Collins signed let’s nab Stephon Gilmore. Let’s let Lou Anarumo have some free agency fun too. Gilmore is solid against the pass and the run and with the Bengals having to play Lamar Jackson and Deshaun Watson twice each the secondary needs all the great players they can get.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:00 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Yes please!

Now that we have La’el Collins signed let’s nab Stephon Gilmore.  Let’s let Lou Anarumo have some free agency fun too.  Gilmore is solid against the pass and the run and with the Bengals having to play Lamar Jackson and Deshaun Watson twice each the secondary needs all the great players they can get.

is there room for Gilmore now that Collins is in? If so, that would open up the draft bigtime...Id be all in for one of the DTs or edge guys on pick 31.   
Reply/Quote