Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Stephon Gilmore anyone?
https://twitter.com/TBillingslyESPN?s=20&t=h0WREgMJQy4-aMxchzmA3A

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
While i'm at it, didn't know where to put this, so here is as good as anywhere.  Hilarious

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:49 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I dont disagree... but I was told weeks ago that Gilmore was interested in us. If he reached out first that is a good sign. There is no way of telling if we have cap room or if the Bengals can stomach another big deal. We have already surpassed their planned 40M cap budget according to Hobson.

I'm sure we burned through our money after Karras if Hobson is reporting it.  Gilmore would be huge but I'm fine with a backup UT or CB, much more depth to the CB group.  You may get an old vet like Haden, Fuller, Varrett or Rhodes for a 2M deal with as many are out there 
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 08:28 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: https://twitter.com/TBillingslyESPN?s=20&t=h0WREgMJQy4-aMxchzmA3A

Seriously? Lol that’s bad.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 08:33 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Seriously? Lol that’s bad.

Bad ass.
Reply/Quote

Mike Hilton really should get some kind of bonus for all the recruiting he’s been doing.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 09:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Mike Hilton really should get some kind of bonus for all the recruiting he’s been doing.

Hilton is good at making reservations.
Reply/Quote
I feel like we could add Gilmore if we waive Waynes.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 09:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I feel like we could add Gilmore if we waive Waynes.

It's baffling to me that Waynes is still on the roster. I figured he'd be gone ASAP while Hopkins would hang around til camp or preseason.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 08:30 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: While i'm at it, didn't know where to put this, so here is as good as anywhere.  Hilarious

Lolol. Haha
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 09:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I feel like we could add Gilmore if we waive Waynes.

I feel like we will waive Wayne’s if/when we sign gilmore
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 10:33 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I feel like we will waive Wayne’s if/when we sign gilmore

I get the logic in not cutting someone until you have to but there is zero chance they don't find at least a low tier starter/descent backup to play for 25% of what he is earning.  They can get 2-3 ring chasers with the rest. Let the guy go find a job lol.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 10:37 PM)phil413 Wrote: I get the logic in not cutting someone until you have to but there is zero chance they don't find at least a low tier starter/descent backup to play for 25% of what he is earning.  They can get 2-3 ring chasers with the rest. Let the guy go find a job lol.

While I couldn’t agree more, see Hopkins/Karras situation.
Reply/Quote
Malik is acting as if Gilmore is an unlikely signing. I've been expecting him to go to the Raiders.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 11:38 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Malik is acting as if Gilmore is an unlikely signing. I've been expecting him to go to the Raiders.

Kind of was always a pipe dream.
Reply/Quote
Bumped so that people stop posting Gilmore threads now that Waynes is gone.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 09:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
Mike Hilton really should get some kind of bonus for all the recruiting he’s been doing.

Love Mike Hilton, one of the best additions to this team. So many but Hilton might be the best at his position in the entire NFL
and he does a great job as you say recruiting for us as well. I would want to play with him on this Defense. They just have fun 
out there. Great times.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 11:38 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Malik is acting as if Gilmore is an unlikely signing. I've been expecting him to go to the Raiders.

Been expecting a Raider's deal for 3 days now... no idea the holdup. Raiders still have cap space..

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 07:23 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Been expecting a Raider's deal for 3 days now... no idea the holdup. Raiders still have cap space..

Probably comes down to price and wanting to win. Obviously the raiders are the least likely to bring a chip. I’d say as far as ability to win, chiefs and bengals are tugging on those heart strings.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 05:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Love Mike Hilton, one of the best additions to this team. So many but Hilton might be the best at his position in the entire NFL
and he does a great job as you say recruiting for us as well. I would want to play with him on this Defense. They just have fun 
out there. Great times.

Every time he gets beat, I just shrug. It happens. But he just seems to clamp down on 3rd down. I'm shocked when he gives up a 1st down he's been that good. Plus his aggressiveness against the run after years of seeing Dre Kirkpatrick get stiff armed to the ground has been refreshing to say the least. He's brought a level of leadership that we didn't see coming with his signing. We loved it here on this board when he signed, I just don't think we knew what we were going to actually see from him this year. Kind of like the DJ Reader signing, I knew they were both good, I didn't know that they'd be this good.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote