Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steve Young Thinks The Bengals Can Beat The Patriots
If the Bengals beat NE it should become a national holiday every year thereafter. School children will be taught at an early age what a wonderful feat it was and families will go on outings to the park and good times will be had by all.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 09:54 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: With you 100%.  I think it was Mo Egger that described the 1990 season for the Reds with the Nasty Boys, starting 9-0, Jack Armstrong, etc. and how much fun that entire season was and how it wasn't ruined by thinking ahead like "there is no way they can win it all", especially against the As.

Back to the original topic, I think the key to beating the Pats is like Rocky in the beginning of his second fight with Apollo Creed.  His trainer says right as the fight begins:  "If we get through this first round, he's ours!".  It seems like the Pats game plan is often to throw a lot of quick punches, looking for the knockout.  On defense, some early down and distance blitzes...on offense, some double-moves and a deep shot.  They never come out of a locker room lethargic like "we're going to establish the run" or something else.  They get ahead early and force you to be one-dimensional.  I feel like being ready right from the get go is a key to staying with them.  It sounds incredibly easy, and I know it isn't....look no further than how the Redskins were out of the game almost as soon as it started.  

I feel like their defense sells out early to make a few big stops.  I would attack them.  Don't come out conservative.  Come out throwing haymakers. Let them know you are going to attack them on every snap, on both sides of the ball.  Everyone worships Brady's performances, but he is clearly rattled by pressure in his face.  Get those "A" gap blitzes going and get hits on him.  Don't play just to avoid a big play...Their offense will just check down, first down, check down, first down you all the way to the end zone.  

I'm  not going to sit here and hope it isn't them.  For the Bengals to make it to the Super Bowl, chances are they will have to go through New England.  Fine.  If they beat you, they beat you...but make them earn it against a team that is willing to attack.  They don't see that very often. 

Beautiful post. This is the way to attack them.

We have the team to do it and i believe we will meet in the AFC Championship. Probably in New England
cause they have an easier schedule which is why it will be tough but if there is one team that can go in
there and pull out a win it is a healthy Bengals team this year with these players.
Reply/Quote
Patriots have shuffled around their O-lne die to some injuries.

When it comes to beating the Pats I think it comes down to our front four getting pressure. If they can do that without us having to blitz a lot then we should beat them. Hard to blitz Brady effectively because he gets rid of the ball so fast. Better to have those LBs in coverage if we can get any heat at all on Brady with just our front four.
Reply/Quote