Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Still having fans at games?
(08-09-2021, 01:16 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote:

via GIPHY

Hey, any time someone presents me with a conspiracy I can immediately test I'm going to try it.  That doesn't include "will it fit?" sort of things, though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 12:15 PM)bengaloo Wrote: What do you think about this? 

"95% of the severe patients are vaccinated".
"85-90% of the hospitalizations are in Fully vaccinated people."
"We are opening more and more COVID wards."
"The effectiveness of the vaccine is waning/fading out"

(Dr. Kobi Haviv, earlier today on Chanel 13

@newsisrael13

https://twitter.com/RanIsraeli/status/1423322271503028228

Also:

1/ Stunning news from Iceland - among the world’s most vaccinated countries - today.

Facing a huge new
#Covid outbreak that translates into ~100,000 new US cases a day, the country’s chief epidemiologist now says natural infection is the only way to reach herd immunity…
https://twitter.com/AlexBerenson/status/1424409919713943552

https://twitter.com/AlexBerenson/status/1424409919713943552

Do we live in Israel? No.  Thus the epidemiology data which is readily available is different because the situations are different.

https://www.icelandreview.com/society/icelands-chief-epidemiologist-curbing-infections-remains-the-goal/

Quote: Þórólfur made headlines for his statements in a radio interview yesterday morning that herd immunity would be reached by letting the virus spread through society while preventing the hospital from collapse. Later that day, he told reporters that his words were misinterpreted and authorities’ policy toward the ongoing pandemic remains unchanged.

Quote:“The aim is to achieve herd immunity in one way or another through vaccination, and we have tried that. Half of those who are vaccinated are immune so we have achieved herd immunity among them. In order to develop herd immunity here in the community, more people need to be immune to the virus and it’s not possible to do that in any way other than vaccinating with this third dose, revaccinating those who are the most vulnerable.”
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 12:15 PM)bengaloo Wrote: "85-90% of the hospitalizations are in Fully vaccinated people."

LOL

The fantasies that people believe, in 2021...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 01:53 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Do we live in Israel? No.  Thus the epidemiology data which is readily available is different because the situations are different.

https://www.icelandreview.com/society/icelands-chief-epidemiologist-curbing-infections-remains-the-goal/

The situation in Israel is different because Delta hit them long before us. It originated in India and hit other countries first. We still dont know what delta will do here, but its hitting other countries pretty hard and the data out of the UK is similar based on an article I saw on NYT not long ago. A lot of vaccinated people are getting covid-delta and the vaccines are not looking as effective against that strain, especially pfizer but it could end up more. 
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 02:57 PM)bengaloo Wrote: The situation in Israel is different because Delta hit them long before us. It originated in India and hit other countries first. We still dont know what delta will do here, but its hitting other countries pretty hard and the data out of the UK is similar based on an article I saw on NYT not long ago. A lot of vaccinated people are getting covid-delta and the vaccines are not looking as effective against that strain, especially pfizer but it could end up more. 

No, it's not.  Two studies out of Great Britain show the efficacy of the Pfizer vaccine versus the delta variant at 88% which is a significant difference than the efficacy numbers coming from Israel.

Israel vaccinated their citizens at a faster rate than Great Britain.  So when the delta variant caused a surge in each country the Israelis were further removed from their second dose of the Pfizer vaccine.  A third study out of Oxford indicates waiting 8 weeks between the two shot series is better at producing antibodies than the recommended schedule by Pfizer.  Because Great Britain had a shortage of Pfizer vaccines they separated the doses by 4-12 weeks instead of the recommended 3 weeks.

So the difference in efficacy rates in different countries could be because waning antibody levels due to time. Or the Great Britain vaccine schedule it better at producing higher levels of antibodies.  Or one of the studies is incorrect. Or it could be multifactorial.  Or it could be due to another factor I didn't mention. Obviously, more information needs to be gathered to determine the discrepancy. 
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 02:57 PM)bengaloo Wrote: The situation in Israel is different because Delta hit them long before us. It originated in India and hit other countries first. We still dont know what delta will do here, but its hitting other countries pretty hard and the data out of the UK is similar based on an article I saw on NYT not long ago. A lot of vaccinated people are getting covid-delta and the vaccines are not looking as effective against that strain, especially pfizer but it could end up more. 

Australia while still having a relative small case number is showing good numbers in relation to vaccinated hospitilisation rates. We are sitting around 150 people in ICU with none of those being fully vaccinated. That has been going on for the 7 weeks of our current outbreak.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 11:50 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Remdesivir reduces course of illness by 4 days, but has no effect upon mortality rate.  Dexamethasone reduces mortality, but only in hospitalized patients on supplemental oxygen.  According to a study released in June, combined Covid 19 treatments reduce mortality by 2.5%.

This information is horribly inaccurate.  Show me where there was a PLACEBO control that it only improved mortality by 2.5% or you are comparing against other studies, which you should know has no validity.  

The best treatment is prevention with the vaccine which also reduces morbidity and mortality. But, there is significant vaccine hesitancy impeding our progress to shut this down and avoid steps like lock downs.

The vast majority of new cases are in the unvaccinated.  I'm probably testing about 100 patients/week.  I've only had 3 fully vaccinated people test positive.

The vast majority of people getting tested are symptomatic and unvaccinated.  I think it was one day last week I had 8 positives out of 11 and one was admitted due to kidney failure due to Covid.  Many people get tested due to exposure because they can't just quarantine at home for 14 days or isolate for a minimum of 10 days without a doctor's note to miss work or school.  And I'm doing more referrals for monoclonal antibody infusions for high risk patients than ever before. You can't get the referral if you don't test positive. And that is the only treatment for outpatients that may reduce risk of severe Covid.

To what monoclonal antibody do you speak of?  The kidney failure due to covid patient....I am assuming they had some other issue, like aHUS and the uncontrolled complement attack was precipitated by the infection, but that isn't necessarily from covid, as any infection could ramp up complement.  

You made claims of fraud without evidence. And anyone can turn in claims of fraud to the government at any time based only upon suspicion and the government will investigate and the whistleblower can receive large rewards.  Yet, despite all this widespread fraud, I'm not seeing hospitals being prosecuted for widespread Covid fraud.

I will not blow a whistle on health care professionals that are doing what they are being told to do, but I promise you, it has happened in massive numbers.  Do you REALLY think no one got the flu last year?  

Finally, something we can largely agree upon.  But, this surge is largely fueled by the unvaccinated (> 90%).  And if you don't get vaccinated then it doesn't have any affect.

I don't want to even comment on this because it is a barrier to getting people to believe the information the medical community is providing and we already have enough of those.

PS and one hospital is now on total diversion because of symptomatic, unvaccinated Covid patients who are so sick they need to be admitted

The numbers of vaccinated patients with severe symptoms is very, very small.  The vaccines clearly work.  If they aren't going to "force it", which is a really tough call, due to the massive financial implications to both our healthcare system and our overall economy, maybe the government should entice with a tax break to the vaccinated.  I bet more people would "choose" money than their fear of the vaccine.  
Reply/Quote
I could go and most likely be safe because (1) I am vaccinated and (2) there's not people a foot away from you in the crippled section like there is in regular seating.

I do hope that we have fans because it's lame as hell without them...... it just takes away a lot of the excitement.

Not sure which games I'd even go to, though, besides for the Thursday night game just because it's in primetime and at night. Maybe the Steelers game if we're still in the hunt by then and maybe a few others depending on how the season goes.

I've mentioned it before but I'll be in Vegas for the game out there but not spending three hours of my limited time out there in the stadium, even if it is a pretty amazing experience.
Reply/Quote
Ok I created this thread but didn't expect it to go this crazy lol. I just want to know if I'll be able to go to games and not have to cancel my plans. I don't really watch the news, not into politics,  I don't vote, don't care who votes for who, not sure of what Governors do what, in my state or any other state,  I just simply want to see what's the word on cancelation of fans at games possibly.

I will say I'm a nurse who works and have been working on all covid floors and I think I only had one patient ever that was admitted who was vaccinated,  and they weren't fully vaccinated because they had just got the 1st or 2nd shot I can't remember but that theory is definitely not true.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 10:07 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This information is horribly inaccurate. Show me where there was a PLACEBO control that it only improved mortality by 2.5% or you are comparing against other studies, which you should know has no validity.

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0252591

There is the study you can read for yourself.

Regarding the placebo controlled studies, you’re asking for the impossible and this explains why:

https://www.statnews.com/2020/05/11/inside-the-nihs-controversial-decision-to-stop-its-big-remdesivir-study/

It is unethical to conduct placebo controlled trials with critically ill patients with life threatening conditions by withholding potentially life saving treatments which are considered effective. When the NIH stopped their remdesivir study early and declared it effective it became the standard of care. Although the study didn’t indicate a reduction in mortality, it indicated a reduction in the need for supplemental oxygen or hospitalization by 4 days. Therefore you won’t find placebo controlled studies anymore. You’ll find studies controlled by the standard of care.

But, if you have information indicating otherwise I would like to read it.

Quote: To what monoclonal antibody do you speak of? The kidney failure due to covid patient....I am assuming they had some other issue, like aHUS and the uncontrolled complement attack was precipitated by the infection, but that isn't necessarily from covid, as any infection could ramp up complement.

Usually, bamlanivimab. And off the top of my head that patient was a 53 y/o AAF with well controlled DM2 without insulin use or complication (such as diabetic nephropathy) who was unvaccinated for Covid, but was certain it wasn’t Covid because she tested negative five days prior because she didn’t understand a test performed too soon can’t rule out Covid and is more likely to be negative than positive during the first two days after exposure.

Quote: I will not blow a whistle on health care professionals that are doing what they are being told to do, but I promise you, it has happened in massive numbers. Do you REALLY think no one got the flu last year?

Fraud is a crime. “He told me to do it,” isn’t a defense. If they are knowingly committing fraud they should be prosecuted to the fullest extent the law allows.

People did get the flu last year. But, in smaller numbers. I know because I ordered the tests and my local anecdotal experience reflects the national trend. Because more people got the flu shot last year combined with the mitigation strategies to reduce the spread of Covid which in turn reduced the spread of influenza.

Quote:The numbers of vaccinated patients with severe symptoms is very, very small.  The vaccines clearly work.  If they aren't going to "force it", which is a really tough call, due to the massive financial implications to both our healthcare system and our overall economy, maybe the government should entice with a tax break to the vaccinated.  I bet more people would "choose" money than their fear of the vaccine.  

It’s true the vaccines are effective and greatly reduce the chance of severe Covid in breakthrough infections. But, they can’t work if you don’t get them. Which is we have one local hospital on total diversion during this latest surge.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 04:14 PM)Amalone002 Wrote: Ok I created this thread but didn't expect it to go this crazy lol. I just want to know if I'll be able to go to games and not have to cancel my plans. I don't really watch the news, not into politics,  I don't vote, don't care who votes for who, not sure of what Governors do what, in my state or any other state,  I just simply want to see what's the word on cancelation of fans at games possibly.

I will say I'm a nurse who works and have been working on all covid floors and I think I only had one patient ever that was admitted who was vaccinated,  and they weren't fully vaccinated because they had just got the 1st or 2nd shot I can't remember but that theory is definitely not true.

TBD

Locally, we’ve got one hospital past capacity and a second on the verge while the numbers are still trending upwards. If the rest of the country starts to experience what we are, I’d expect the NFL to make changes to their attendance policy which could range from mask mandates to empty stadiums like last year.
Reply/Quote
Upgrade your Television viewing area, buy green screens and put all around the room walls and put the stadium in your house, 7,1 speakers to get the fan noise and even concession vendors. Buy the GF or wify/mistress the coveted ben-gals cheeleader uniforms and viola! you have the most in-stadium experience. Bring the experience right to your door. oh yeah!
Reply/Quote
I still can't believe how quickly I went from thinking "Finally, we're almost out of the woods. Thank God this is almost over" to "I have no idea what the hell is going on. When is this going to end?"

It was just a couple months ago it seemed like we were about in the clear. Cases had been steadily dropping. More and more people were getting vaccinated. Our numbers here locally were under 1/10 what they were in November. It sounded like by the 4th of July we'd be about back to normal. And speaking for someone who is fully vaccinated, and has been by March, I thought I no longer had anything to worry about.

Fast forward to now and I'm right back to where I was when all of this started. I have no clue what to think. I try to listen to the experts but I'd be lying if I didn't point out that a lot of the information they provide constantly changes, or it contradicts something else another expert says. The messaging has been terribly inconsistent. You read one article and it tells you one thing; you read another article and it tells you another. I read cases are going down in England which is good news for us here. Then I read an article that scares the bejesus out of me and makes Delta seem like it's about to explode.

I'm so ready for this shit to be over. I think I'm honestly more sick of hearing about than I am actually afraid of it anymore. Adn that doesn't mean I don't worry about it; it just means I'm so over hearing people talk about it.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2021, 12:06 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I still can't believe how quickly I went from thinking "Finally, we're almost out of the woods. Thank God this is almost over" to "I have no idea what the hell is going on.  When is this going to end?"

You just need to stop looking at it in a pandemic management sense and start looking at it like any other accomplishment followed by self-sabotaging relapse.  Imagine the USA as a person who worked hard and lost 10lbs and then celebrates by falling completely off the wagon and putting on even more weight.  Or maybe a sports team that wins the championship and then sells all their players because they can coast off the goodwill of that championship for decades.

Or maybe we are more like someone who works hard all week and then blows his entire paycheck on blow as soon as he gets it. Either way, there are plenty of examples of people declaring "mission accomplished" well before said mission is actually accomplished.
Reply/Quote
Everyone is done with the covid BS agenda.. There will be no more lock downs. People don't wear masks and most aren't vaccinated where I live in PA.. We are all sick of the BS.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 11:45 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Working in the medical field, I know the severity of COVID.  However, there is a vaccine readily available and at this point herd immunity will be forced on those that chose to ignore the facts and didn't get vaccinated.  It may not go well for everyone.  

That may sound incredibly insensitive, but the facts are the virus can't mutate without a host, and it doesn't have a host in vaccinated individuals.  It simply can't replicate and mutate in those individuals.  

I lost a job, and have witnessed many others get financially crippled at the hand of our government and to isolate what is happening if Florida, you can also thank the government for allowing millions of unvaccinated illegals across the border, many of whom are sick.  

I sure hope you are right with respect to NFL stadiums, but public mask mandates are already returning to states like NY and California.  I just fear things will snowball as more states have more individuals not vaccinated and the virus mutates.  
You realize herd immunity is never gonna happen right? Also people vacinnated are still getting it and passing it even dieing... My wife can't get because she has health issues,  and there thousands probably millions just like her. Herd immunity is a pipe dream. I been running around since this started, no mask, no sanitizing and I haven't even had so much as a cold this whole time.. 
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2021, 02:04 PM)Tony Wrote: You realize herd immunity is never gonna happen right? Also people vacinnated are still getting it and passing it even dieing... My wife can't get because she has health issues,  and there thousands probably millions just like her. Herd immunity is a pipe dream. I been running around since this started, no mask, no sanitizing and I haven't even had so much as a cold this whole time.. 

Hmmm, I'm also in PA and wore a mask and got the vaccine and I have been attempting to sanitize and I also haven't had a so much as a cold this whole time.  It seems we've reached an impasse here.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 12:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I just can't wait for the FDA to test and approve the vaccine so the anti-vaxxers can start talking about what a corrupt bunch of liars the FDA is.

I still won't get it...
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2021, 02:20 PM)Tony Wrote: I still won't get it...

Fine by me.  The vaccine is like a condom...more effective than nothing but completely optional and completely demonized by certain people.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2021, 02:04 PM)Tony Wrote: I been running around since this started, no mask, no sanitizing and I haven't even had so much as a cold this whole time.. 

I have an uncle who smoked for 40 years and never got heart or lung disease.

What does that say about all the scientific studies that claim to show smoking is bad for your health?
Reply/Quote