Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Stores continue to close in Democrat led cities due to crime
(09-27-2023, 12:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Trying their best to make all of those dystopian movies come to life..

It's honestly sad.  The difference in just three years is startling.  I get a kick out of people defending the Dems on this issue and trying to tell me I don't see what I see every day I'm at work or visiting friends in LA.

[Image: w=500]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 08:28 AM)basballguy Wrote: As it turns out it’s not just SF.  It’s also New York, Portland, and Seattle.

Color me shocked

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/26/business/target-retail-theft-store-closures/index.html

But we can keep saying they’re closing for other reasons :)

Isn't it interesting how almost all of these closings have been in cities?   Hmmmm.......
Reply/Quote
This one will be difficult for the apologists to spin.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/27/business/target-store-closures-retail-crime/index.html

Target’s decision to close nine of its stores in major cities, citing persistent large-scale theft at those locations is the latest signal that retailers may be struggling in their battle to contain a growing and dangerous problem.

Industry experts say even a small increase in crime can have massive, cascading effects that cause retailers to close stores.

“It’s proof that store crimes are reaching a new level,” said Burt Flickinger, retail expert and managing director of retail consultancy Strategic Resource Group.

Maybe these closing aren't due to crime either, despite them specifically citing crime as the reason? Spin away "progressives"!
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 04:19 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: This one will be difficult for the apologists to spin.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/27/business/target-store-closures-retail-crime/index.html

Target’s decision to close nine of its stores in major cities, citing persistent large-scale theft at those locations is the latest signal that retailers may be struggling in their battle to contain a growing and dangerous problem.

Industry experts say even a small increase in crime can have massive, cascading effects that cause retailers to close stores.

“It’s proof that store crimes are reaching a new level,” said Burt Flickinger, retail expert and managing director of retail consultancy Strategic Resource Group.

Maybe these closing aren't due to crime either, despite them specifically citing crime as the reason?  Spin away "progressives"!

All these stores need in order to remain profitable and open is an army of Paul Blarts on the scene to maintain order.  Folks won't mind paying an extra buck for that Chinese made shirt, knowing that Blart's got their back..   Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 08:33 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's not crime as the reason retailers are losing profits, eh?

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/9/27/us-teens-ransack-loot-philadelphia-shops-in-flash-mob-style-raids

Also in Philadelphia last night:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/27/us/philadelphia-looting-arrests/index.html
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 04:48 PM)basballguy Wrote: Also in Philadelphia last night:

Philly, huh?  I wonder what cities the closing Target stores are in?  Let's look.

The stores include the East Harlem location in New York City, two locations in Seattle, three locations in Portland, and three locations in San Francisco and Oakland.

Two major things all of the cities above have in common.  They are deep blue areas, all but one in a deep blue state.  They all also, each one of them, have a "progressive" garbage DA, with SF still recovering from theirs.  I wonder why all the left leaning folks abandoned this thread entirely?
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 04:48 PM)basballguy Wrote: Also in Philadelphia last night:

Strange turn of sentiments, as rioting and looting was seemingly championed as a sort of freedom of expression, as recently as a couple of years ago.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Social Media 'influencer' arrested in connection with the Philadelphia lootings.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/an-influencer-who-livestreamed-herself-laughing-as-crowds-looted-stores-in-philadelphia-has-been-charged-with-6-felonies/ar-AA1hooHS?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=ba354089e3184dc8a8c369140d54f522&ei=49#image=1

Quote:An influencer used Instagram to livestream people looting stores in Philadelphia on Tuesday night.
In the livestream, she could be seen laughing, cheering, and shouting "Free iPhones!"
The influencer, known online as "Meatball," was arrested mid-livestream and charged with 6 felonies.
An influencer who filmed herself laughing and cheering as people looted stores in Philadelphia on Tuesday night has been arrested and charged with six felonies.

Dayjia Blackwell, who is known as "Meatball" online, was among the people who congregated near stores in Philadelphia's city center on Tuesday night, where crowds were spotted leaving the Apple Store with stolen iPhones and iPads, The Philadelphia Inquirer reported.

People also looted the nearby Foot Locker, Lululemon, and liquor stores, the newspaper said.

Blackwell was one of 52 people arrested, interim Philadelphia Police Commissioner John Stanford said in an X post.

Speaking to 6ABC Philadelphia, Stanford said: "She is livestreaming as she is committing burglaries and encouraging others to commit burglaries."

Police said she led a "caravan of looters from store to store," according to 6ABC.

Stanford said at a press conference that officers were already downtown due to a protest against the decision to drop all charges against a former Philadelphia police officer who was arrested in the fatal shooting last month of Eddie Irizarry during a traffic stop.

After the protest disbanded, a group of young people congregated in the city center, with some starting to loot stores in the area, he said.

Stanford called the thieves "criminal opportunists" who piggybacked on the anger surrounding the case.

Blackwell, who has more than 189,000 followers on Instagram and nearly 500,000 followers on TikTok, livestreamed on Instagram as people looted the stores.

According to the New York Post, she shouted "Free iPhones" repeatedly in one part of the video. At other points, she laughed or cheered on the crowds.

In another part of the livestream which was shared on social media, Blackwell said: "Tell the police they either lock me up tonight or it's going to get lit, it's going to be a movie."

She was arrested mid-livestream. Her mugshot appears to show her with tears on her cheeks.

Blackwell was charged with six felonies and two misdemeanors, including burglary, conspiracy, riot, and criminal use of a communication facility, The Philadelphia Inquirer reported.

In a series of Instagram Live stories on Thursday morning, Blackwell said: "I never been through nothing like that ever in my life. I don't even know what happened. I need some sleep. I'm scared, I'm traumatized."

In response to Insider's request for comment, Blackwell simply responded: "This me I'm home hey."

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Most major cities have evolved into a 3rd world country. But hey they voted for it so they need to be hold accountable. These disgusting terrorists went as far as looting an Apple store in Philadelphia, and we know that Apple supports the leftist agenda. May all their stores go broke. This is what the left wants and voted for. It’s what they advocate for. It’s what they vote to continue. And they will vote to continue it. This is the fruits of their labor. Enjoy it! Brag on how right they were!! Zero people passing math standardized tests In Baltimore… looting in Philly… illegals stacked up in New York… Chicago streets are slaughter houses… major retail stores closing due to rampant theft. Our brain dead president is proven corrupt and can’t climb stairs.. the VP had failed at every task she is given and is a cackling moron. Mayors are considering Soviet style, government ran grocery stores because others are closing due to rampant theft, governors are calling up the national guard to handle illegals. We've hit a new low. Sometimes I wish I was in the 70s again living a quiet life in Eastern Kentucky helping my parents raise cattle and picking up potatoes.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2023, 10:30 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Social Media 'influencer' arrested in connection with the Philadelphia lootings.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/an-influencer-who-livestreamed-herself-laughing-as-crowds-looted-stores-in-philadelphia-has-been-charged-with-6-felonies/ar-AA1hooHS?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=ba354089e3184dc8a8c369140d54f522&ei=49#image=1

LOL.... EEDJIOT
Reply/Quote
Still crickets from the left leaning posters who chimed in on this topic originally. Must not be anything to nitpick or obfuscate with.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2023, 05:12 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Still crickets from the left leaning posters who chimed in on this topic originally.  Must not be anything to nitpick or obfuscate with.

Don't worry, I'm sure Dill is working on a Novel
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2023, 10:30 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Social Media 'influencer' arrested in connection with the Philadelphia lootings.

You ever see those viral videos of some of those streets in Philly? My goodness, it's insane actually. They resemble something of a poor 3rd world country.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2023, 05:54 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Don't worry, I'm sure Dill is working on a Novel

I like Dill. He’s always pretty patient when I get snarky with him. We don’t agree on much but that’s ok :)
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2023, 06:03 PM)basballguy Wrote: I like Dill.  He’s always pretty patient when I get snarky with him.  We don’t agree on much but that’s ok :)

I don't mind him either, but i fall asleep half the time trying to work my way thru some of his posts
Reply/Quote
Ah yes.

For sure we can blame the dems for all crime. Such a home run argument. Red good blue bad. Criminals always consider the party of the elected officials in the jurisdiction they are about to commit a crime in. Am I right?

Let’s just totally disregard the major declines in retail stores over the last couple decades. Not when we can beat our chest because target closed a handful of stores.

I wonder. If you had a group of 100 people and a group of 100,000 people. Which one would likely have the most criminals. Gee whiz. Really tough question.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2023, 06:47 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Ah yes.

For sure we can blame the dems for all crime. Such a home run argument. Red good blue bad. Criminals always consider the party of the elected officials in the jurisdiction they are about to commit a crime in. Am I right?

Let’s just totally disregard the major declines in retail stores over the last couple decades. Not when we can beat our chest because target closed a handful of stores.

I wonder. If you had a group of 100 people and a group of 100,000 people. Which one would likely have the most criminals. Gee whiz. Really tough question.

It’s a reflection of policy man. Like changing what qualifies as a felony or saying the local police will no longer respond to certain crimes. If you can find me evidence of republican led cities doing it, we’ll throw them on the pile with these other cities.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2023, 06:47 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Ah yes.

You're looking at this as a zero sum game, it's not.  But you actually made a solid point in the second part here, criminals absolutely do consider the jurisdiction they're in when they commit crimes.  I live in Orange COunty again.  While not as blue as it once was, it is still far more conservative than LA County.  The DA here literally campaigned on not letting OC turn into LA, and his opponent was endorsed by the LA DA.  You literally do not see smash and grab gangs operate here in OC.  I won't say they never happen, but if they do they are exceedingly rare.  They happen on a daily basis in LA.  And Orange County has some extremely wealthy area.  You see smash and grab all the time in Beverly Hills high end retailers.  You absolutely do not see them in Newport Beach.  I've literally heard criminals tell each other to stay out of OC because they don't "f@$* around there".  I've also heard criminals brag about how lenient the DA is in LA and how robbery, "isn't a big deal anymore".

Quote:Let’s just totally disregard the major declines in retail stores over the last couple decades. Not when we can beat our chest because target closed a handful of stores.

We aren't ignoring it, it's just not germane when discussing stores closing specifically due to high shrinkage.

Quote:I wonder. If you had a group of 100 people and a group of 100,000 people. Which one would likely have the most criminals. Gee whiz. Really tough question.

I addressed this above, but just so you have a frame of reference.  Population per square mile for LA vs Orange County.

LA: 2,430/sq mi, 9.83 million overall

OC: 4,019.7/sq mi, 3.16 million overall

These are both huge urban centers, we're not talking the big city vs. rural Wyoming here.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2023, 07:16 PM)basballguy Wrote: It’s a reflection of policy man. Like changing what qualifies as a felony or saying the local police will no longer respond to certain crimes. If you can find me evidence of republican led cities doing it, we’ll throw them on the pile with these other cities.

https://www.news9.com/story/5e3473bc527dcf49dad70666/grocery-store-closing-in-ne-oklahoma-city

Oklahoma City grocery store closure

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/natural-grocers-announces-the-closure-of-two-dallas-fort-worth-area-stores-301816519.html

Fort Worth grocery store closure

They closed a kroger by me years back. It wasn’t because of the elected officials.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2023, 08:16 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You're looking at this as a zero sum game, it's not.  But you actually made a solid point in the second part here, criminals absolutely do consider the jurisdiction they're in when they commit crimes.  I live in Orange COunty again.  While not as blue as it once was, it is still far more conservative than LA County.  The DA here literally campaigned on not letting OC turn into LA, and his opponent was endorsed by the LA DA.  You literally do not see smash and grab gangs operate here in OC.  I won't say they never happen, but if they do they are exceedingly rare.  They happen on a daily basis in LA.  And Orange County has some extremely wealthy area.  You see smash and grab all the time in Beverly Hills high end retailers.  You absolutely do not see them in Newport Beach.  I've literally heard criminals tell each other to stay out of OC because they don't "f@$* around there".  I've also heard criminals brag about how lenient the DA is in LA and how robbery, "isn't a big deal anymore".

We aren't ignoring it, it's just not germane when discussing stores closing specifically due to high shrinkage.

I addressed this above, but just so you have a frame of reference.  Population per square mile for LA vs Orange County.

LA: 2,430/sq mi, 9.83 million overall

OC: 4,019.7/sq mi, 3.16 million overall

These are both huge urban centers, we're not talking the big city vs. rural Wyoming here.

Yea I’m sure high level organized crime probably puts some thought into it.

But the majority of common petty criminals? I’m doubting it.
Reply/Quote