Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Storming Of The Capitol Building
(02-04-2021, 04:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ida know.  Why are people in Kansas worried about Muslim terrorists?  Everyone but me is just a coward. 

Between that and antifa coming to town to burn down their Arby's...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(02-04-2021, 04:12 PM)Au165 Wrote: You keep saying the woman next door wasn't worried, she absolutely was per her own admission (which I posted above). Just because she changed her story now doesn't make it true. The issue is she is lying now and you are simply believing it without any interest in fact-checking it. 
No.  Someone entered her office and told her to run and hide, probably because she didn't know what was going on (probably at the very start), but the woman two doors down, said that insurrectionists never stormed their hallway.

IN FACT, AOC contradicts herself in a clear lie!

Quote:Ocasio-Cortez said that an individual actually entered her office, forcing her to take refuge inside her bathroom after her legislative director Geraldo Bonilla-Chavez told her to "hide, hide, run and hide."

"And so I run back into my office," Ocasio-Cortez said. "I slam my door. There's another kind of like back area to my office, and I open it, and there's a closet and a bathroom. And I jump into my bathroom."

If Bonilla-Chavez entered her office and was telling her to do those things, how could AOC run BACK INTO HER OFFICE?!

So you're accusing me of not fact-checking, while you ignore the blatant lies and blindly accept them as truth?

See the hypocrisy?
(02-04-2021, 04:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ida know.  Why are people in Kansas worried about Muslim terrorists?  Everyone but me is just a coward. 
Apples to oranges.

Good effort, though. 
(02-04-2021, 05:04 PM)jason Wrote: I think you're a good dude in general, but your downplaying of those **** heads that tried to overturn an election (I get it, you don't believe the results) is a bad look. You dont know the first thing about AOC or what she's been through... Just as I don't know the first thing about your experiences.... And very few things in life are "typical". You're a Trump guy, but that doesn't mean that I get to say that "Brad's a typical Trump terrorist who should be sitting in Guantanamo with the rest of 'em... Indefinitely.". I have a hard time believing that you even know a Democrat... How would you know what's typical?

We're talking about AOC's accounts right now, which you quoted me in, not in them trying to overthrow the election, which, again, everyone is acting like it was a massacre which, a few people died, which is unacceptable, but you pretend like they stormed the building with intent to kill.

I don't know what AOC has been through, but why would this all of the sudden trigger it if no one else was worried unless she was just trying to play the victim?
(02-04-2021, 05:37 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: No.  Someone entered her office and told her to run and hide, probably because she didn't know what was going on (probably at the very start), but the woman two doors down, said that insurrectionists never stormed their hallway.

IN FACT, AOC contradicts herself in a clear lie!
I'll try one more time. Bonilla Chavez told her to run and hide, that is true. At this point she was hiding back in her office, someone then came and banged on her door, this person said "where is she". At this point, though everyone in the country knew what was going on as the shelter in place order came in before the capitol was ever breached and it has also been noted that they were getting alerts to their phones throughout the ordeal.

This person unbeknownst to her was a Capitol Police Officer who did not announce themselves. In the context of what people are saying she is lying about, she never claimed they were rioters, she said she was scared which makes sense because of the moment she was in. You keep referencing the person two doors down, that person HAS STATED SHE ALSO WAS SCARED. While she is now going after AOC, the day after this occurred she talked about being scared and breaking down and crying. Why was she crying and scared if no one was in danger?

Let me close this out by once again saying, AOC NEVER CLAIMED THE RIOTERS WERE IN THE HALLWAY. You are arguing she said something that if you actually read her quotes she never said. The articles you are referencing doesn't even give her whole quote, especially where she explains the part with the officer and essentially how it added to the situation, they simply run with the "she lied" angle which is false.
I mean I don't know about you guys, but when security ramps up at my place of work and people are telling me to run and hide I'm cool as a cucumber.

/s
(02-04-2021, 05:53 PM)Au165 Wrote: I'll try one more time. Bonilla Chavez told her to run and hide, that is true. At this point she was hiding back in her office, someone then came and banged on her door, this person said "where is she". This person unbeknownst to her was a Capitol Police Officer who did not announce themselves. In the context of what people are saying she is lying about, she never claimed they were rioters, she said she was scared which makes sense because of the moment she was in. You keep referencing the person two doors down, that person HAS STATED SHE ALSO WAS SCARED. While she is now going after AOC, the day after this occurred she talked about being scared and breaking down and crying. Why was she crying and scared if no one was in danger?

Let me close this out by once again saying, AOC NEVER CLAIMED THE RIOTERS WERE IN THE HALLWAY. You are arguing she said something that if you actually read her quotes she never said. The articles you are referencing don't even reference her whole quote, especially where she explains the part with the officer they simply run with the "she lied" angle which is false.

She was scared, but she didn't think the rioters were in the hallway?  Then what was she scared of?  Why was she scared of the person knocking if she didn't think it was a rioter?
(02-04-2021, 05:56 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: She was scared, but she didn't think the rioters were in the hallway?  Then what was she scared of?  Why was she scared of the person knocking if she didn't think it was a rioter?

The freaking Capitol had been overrun, are you serious? No one knows how many are inside, what they are armed with, and what their intentions are only that it was the first time the Capitol had been breached in 200 years. That said, I don't know, how about you ask the person two doors down you keep referencing? Here is what she said...

[Image: EtZIGMlWgAEIv42?format=jpg&name=small]
(02-04-2021, 05:58 PM)Au165 Wrote: The freaking Capitol had been overrun, are you serious? No one knows how many are inside, what they are armed with, and what their intentions are only that it was the first time the Capitol had been breached in 200 years. That said, I don't know, how about you ask the person two doors down you keep referencing? Here is what she said...

Once again, she didn't think the rioters were in the hallway, so what was she scared of?

And AOC wasn't in the Capitol building!  It was .03 miles away!  
(02-04-2021, 06:05 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Once again, she didn't think the rioters were in the hallway, so what was she scared of?

Literally, the persons word you are taking that there was nothing to be scared of is the person I quoted saying she was scared two doors down from AOC. You’re arguing against your own “witness”.
(02-04-2021, 05:37 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Apples to oranges.

Good effort, though. 

Less snark, more explanation there professor. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-04-2021, 06:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Less snark, more explanation there professor. 

A few things.  

One is talking about an imminent threat, or lack thereof, and the other is talking about hypothetical possibilities.

Do people afraid of Muslim terrorists make videos about being terrified of flying on planes with them when they're not even going to be on a flight with them?  
(02-04-2021, 06:45 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: A few things.  

One is talking about an imminent threat, or lack thereof, and the other is talking about hypothetical possibilities.

Do people afraid of Muslim terrorists make videos about being terrified of flying on planes with them when they're not even going to be on a flight with them?  

Do you and I live on the same planet?
(02-04-2021, 03:35 PM)Au165 Wrote: Here is Nancy Mace the person claiming AOC was never in danger...claiming she was in danger two doors down from her.

(02-04-2021, 03:44 PM)Au165 Wrote: It's worth noting that this is being framed as if AOC claimed the mob was banging on her door and Mace trying to act as if that's a lie. AOC never claimed the person banging on her door screaming was rioters, she claimed she didn't know who it was but as it was occurring she feared for her life hiding in her office. It turned out to be a Capitol Police Officer who didn't identify themselves, but it doesn't change the fact someone WAS banging on her door while she was hiding (like Mace).

Here is the actual statement in the article of what she said.

https://www.newsweek.com/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-hid-bathroom-during-capitol-riot-thought-she-was-going-die-1565977

4 hours later, why is this still being argued against?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-04-2021, 05:05 PM)jason Wrote: Between that and antifa coming to town to burn down their Arby's...

I like Arby's.  Two beef and cheddars with plenty of Arby's sauce.  Absolutely worth the diarrhea aftermath.   ThumbsUp
(02-04-2021, 08:59 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I like Arby's.  Two beef and cheddars with plenty of Arby's sauce.  Absolutely worth the diarrhea aftermath.   ThumbsUp

You should work in marketing.
(02-04-2021, 08:03 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: 4 hours later, why is this still being argued against?

Because some people refuse to accept objective reality.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(02-04-2021, 09:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You should work in marketing.

Hahaha, to be sure.  Also worth the aftermath, the DoubleDel Cheeseburger from Del Taco.  Although I generally stick with In and Out for burgers, sometimes I don't want to wait in the twenty minute line.
(02-04-2021, 08:03 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: 4 hours later, why is this still being argued against?

It's also being argued in hind site where he knows how far the rioters got into the complex. Nobody could have predicted that they would get that deep at all and AOC SERIOUSLY scares the GOP. So she, Pelosi, Omar, Jayapal and somehow Mike Pence(?) were on the list of targets. How dare someone be scared when it turns out that they didn't die after all. Apparently, she should have only showed fear if she died.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
(02-04-2021, 06:05 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Once again, she didn't think the rioters were in the hallway, so what was she scared of?

Do you know how fast a person can cover .03 miles?
(02-04-2021, 11:30 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Do you know how fast a person can cover .03 miles?

It doesn't matter because she was acting like they were in outside her door.  

Also, a person might be able to cover .3 (not point .03) in a few minutes, but then they'd also have to get into the building, past security, and up the stairs.  
(02-05-2021, 12:46 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: It doesn't matter because she was acting like they were in outside her door.  

Also, a person might be able to cover .3 (not point .03) in a few minutes, but then they'd also have to get into the building, past security, and up the stairs.  

Dude, if you're in an area where there's an active mob set out to kill you and people like you less than half a mile away, they might as well be outside your door.

And I don't know if you just didn't pay attention or selectively forgot, but that mob did get into the building. They did get past security. They would've gotten up the stairs had that rando Capitol police officer not played the mob's racism against them and led them in the wrong direction.

Plus none of us get to decide when another person gets afraid of anything. What does nothing to one person can send another into a full blown panic attack with ease.