Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Storming Of The Capitol Building
(02-05-2021, 08:58 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Plus none of us get to decide when another person gets afraid of anything. What does nothing to one person can send another into a full blown panic attack with ease.

For instance I freak out when a noticeable portion of the population buys in to lies and conspiracy theories and tries to destroy my country by installing a conman as a dictator. Others act like it is normal and defendable. .
I don't even know if The Onion is doing satire anymore or if this is actual news...

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-05-2021, 02:54 PM)GMDino Wrote: I don't even know if The Onion is doing satire anymore or if this is actual news...

It'll be actually news after they finish their probe into the riot and find out that the two crazies in the GQP did in fact give rioters tours of the Capitol.
This is one of the "gentlemen" who helped organize the events of January 6th.

Is it a good idea for them to pull something like this again when someone who isn't Trump is in charge of deploying the National Guard?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-11-2021, 02:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Is it a good idea for them to pull something like this again when someone who isn't Trump is in charge of deploying the National Guard?

Depends on how you feel about watching American citizens getting turned into a fine red mist.

Personally, aside from the most abhorrent among us (pedophiles, neo-Nazis, etc), I'd rather not see it.
(02-11-2021, 02:40 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Depends on how you feel about watching American citizens getting turned into a fine red mist.

Personally, aside from the most abhorrent among us (pedophiles, neo-Nazis, etc), I'd rather not see it.

I'm pretty "it's outta my hands" about the whole thing. 
(02-11-2021, 02:40 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Depends on how you feel about watching American citizens getting turned into a fine red mist.

I'm going to wager you'll see water cannons used pretty effectively, before that happens.
The *poof* will likely be reserved for the most critical of breeches.
All of this because Donald John Trump wasn't man enough to admit he lost an election for a job he didn't really want and never worked hard at anyway.

His ego cost all these lives and he will walk away from it with no punishment because the gqp has no spine or soul.

Disgusting.

(02-12-2021, 12:32 PM)GMDino Wrote: All of this because Donald John Trump wasn't man enough to admit he lost an election for a job he didn't really want and never worked hard at anyway.

His ego cost all these lives and he will walk away from it with no punishment because the gqp has no spine or soul.

Disgusting.

Like you care about LEO's.  A better question is why this guy was ordered back to work when a psych evaluation would have easily determined he wasn't ready.  Seems like a major failure at the administration level to me.
Yeah, The Trump Administration
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Hawley should probably be quiet but he thinks he's smart and right all the time.  That's sound oddly familiar to someone else.... Smirk

(02-23-2021, 11:31 PM)GMDino Wrote: Hawley should probably be quiet but he thinks he's smart and right all the time.  That's sound oddly familiar to someone else.... Smirk

Ms. Alene is not up to speed on what we have learned from Ron Johnson.

The protestors WERE well behaved.

It is the ANTIFA and BLM members who attacked police and broke into the Capitol building.

It's clear to me that some of the ANTIFA members were disguised in police uniforms--or why would they be attacking peaceful Trump supporters?

#eyegouger was PROTECTING the Capitol when he attacked disguised ANTIFA, not attacking real police.

Eyegouger is a PATRIOT, which is far more than I can say for ANTIFA supporters like Amy Klobuchar.

And by the way, there was no "insurrection" at the Capitol lead by "white supremacists."

If you want to act like a real patriot, Dino, then stop parroting MSM lies and get the truth.

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1364042985193676803
(02-24-2021, 11:01 AM)Dill Wrote: Ms. Alene is not up to speed on what we have learned from Ron Johnson.

It is the ANTIFA and BLM members who attacked police and broke into the Capitol building.

It's clear to me that some of the ANTIFA members were disguised in police uniforms--or why would they be attacking peaceful Trump supporters?

#eyegouger was PROTECTING the Capitol when he attacked disguised ANTIFA, not attacking real police.

Eyegouger is a PATRIOT, which is far more than I can say for ANTIFA supporters like Amy Klobuchar.

And by the way, there was no "insurrection" at the Capitol lead by "white supremacists."

If you want to act like a real patriot, Dino, then stop parroting MSM lies and get the truth.

It's entirely possible that both Antifa and the Capitol rioters are pieces of shit.  This is not the zero sum game you seem to believe.
(02-24-2021, 11:22 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It's entirely possible that both Antifa and the Capitol rioters are pieces of shit.  This is not the zero sum game you seem to believe.

I guess it depends since you're talking about a group vs an action.  Antifa rioters and capitol rioters can both be awful, but non violent Antifa members and capitol rioters who slowly backed away once things started to get violent might be ok people.  It's classic social psychology to see you and your side as being driven by circumstance and not membership.  That's why you saw some violent capitol rioters who seemed baffled that the police didn't just lie down for them because the police are supposed to be against Antifa, not patriots...meanwhile one would think the police should act upon a person's actions and not the group to which he/she belongs.

It really comes down to assuming people we like/approve of being like us and people we don't approve of obviously being "on the other side."  Capitol rioters?  Rioting and being violent is bad...therefore they must be on the side I'm not.  Simple enough, isn't it?
(02-24-2021, 11:01 AM)Dill Wrote: Ms. Alene is not up to speed on what we have learned from Ron Johnson.

"both sides" eh?

Now a lesser person would be citing all these "mostly peaceful" protestors from January 6th the next time some one wants to rant violence at some other protest.  I wouldn't.

There can be violence at peaceful protests.  The violent ones should be dealt with.  Hawley, Cruz, et al are doing everything in their power to rewrite history to cover there own behinds.  Sad, but predictable.
(02-24-2021, 11:22 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It's entirely possible that both Antifa and the Capitol rioters are pieces of shit.  This is not the zero sum game you seem to believe.

No idea where the bolded is coming from. 

What do I "believe" that gets you to this conclusion?
(02-24-2021, 01:29 PM)Dill Wrote: No idea where the bolded is coming from. 

What do I "believe" that gets you to this conclusion?

Probably your constant dismissal of any violence perpetrated by Antifa or your accusations of "both sides do it" whenever the topic is brought up.

Probably.
I'm glad Trumpism went away with is loss so gqp people like Johnson don't continue to push conspiracies and outright lies jsut to cover for Trump and his supporters.

Mellow

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/02/ron-johnson-capitol-attack-fake-trump-supporters?utm_social-type=owned&mbid=social_facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_brand=vf&fbclid=IwAR3XrE8OiIXBHgzrLOReJRrHppMYTR7b_Sc_aTqjbcCnHCYQUCVfzKCEL_4

Quote:REPUBLICAN LAWMAKER RON JOHNSON: CAPITOL RIOTERS WERE ACTUALLY DEMOCRATS DISGUISED AS TRUMP SUPPORTERS

Yes, Ron Johnson actually wants people to believe this. 
[Image: bess_levin.png]

Throughout the week, the Senate will be holding a series of hearings concerning the January 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol. On Tuesday, the focus was on the security failures that let scores of rioters break into the building, halt the certification of Joe Biden’s win, and put countless people’s lives—including that of the then vice president—at risk. (The attack, of course, also led to the deaths of five people.) Obviously, this was an opportunity for lawmakers to learn more about what happened that day, gain valuable insight from witnesses who were on the scene, and figure out the steps that need to be taken to avoid such an event ever happening again. Or, if you’re Senator Ron Johnson, noted Trump ally and promoter of baseless election-fraud claims, it was an opportunity to spread a ridiculous conspiracy theory about who really attacked the Capitol last month.

Yes, in keeping with the grand Republican tradition of shamelessly lying about easily fact-checkable things, on camera, in front of millions, Johnson used his time on Tuesday to insist that the people who breached the Capitol weren’t actually supporters of the 45th president but left-wing agitators who were impersonating Trump supporters:

Also, Joe Biden put on a a Trump mask and told them to go to the capitol. Joe Biden in a Trump mask also did and said all that weird sexual stuff with Ivanka. Now if you'll excuse me, someone in a Nately120 mask is going to sexually proposition his sister in law.