Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Progressive parents fight integration in their children’s public schools.
(09-25-2015, 10:47 AM)Benton Wrote: It's already integrated.

To me, it would be better to use this as a national discussion for reforming how we allocate education dollars largely based on how nice your zip code is. Or we can just make it another race thing.

Yes because spending federal money on schools has proven so fruitful these past 27 years.
(09-25-2015, 04:06 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yes because spending federal money on schools has proven so fruitful these past 27 years.

Well, I didn't say it should be federal money. I said it should be a national discussion.

And the reason it should be national discussion is... people move. I don't know for a fact, but I'd guess more people move now than they did 75 years ago when a lot of our approach to modern education was formed. So if you've got an influx of people from Texas and South Carolina — each ranking in the bottom third of most education rankings — coming into Ohio (usually in top 10) or Vermont (usually top 5), then there's a valid discussion of states producing uneducated people, and sending them out into states spending more per student to achieve better results.

As I've said, integration isn't the issue (see, no dodging). The issue is states, municipalities and districts producing less educated students, then expecting higher performing districts to absorb their deficiencies.

ThumbsUp

And as a sidebar, I don't know if it's still true or not, but when I was an education reporter a few years ago, the Fed accounted for only about 10 cents of every education dollar. So, yeah, it's more of a property tax issue than a federal one.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-25-2015, 05:17 PM)Benton Wrote: Well, I didn't say it should be federal money. I said it should be a national discussion.

And the reason it should be national discussion is... people move. I don't know for a fact, but I'd guess more people move now than they did 75 years ago when a lot of our approach to modern education was formed. So if you've got an influx of people from Texas and South Carolina — each ranking in the bottom third of most education rankings — coming into Ohio (usually in top 10) or Vermont (usually top 5), then there's a valid discussion of states producing uneducated people, and sending them out into states spending more per student to achieve better results.

As I've said, integration isn't the issue (see, no dodging). The issue is states, municipalities and districts producing less educated students, then expecting higher performing districts to absorb their deficiencies.

ThumbsUp

And as a sidebar, I don't know if it's still true or not, but when I was an education reporter a few years ago, the Fed accounted for only about 10 cents of every education dollar. So, yeah, it's more of a property tax issue than a federal one.

Then It shouldn't he a national discussion. It should be a local discussion. And funding via prop tax is ridiculous as well. Each family should pay a tuition. Allow parents to volunteer at the school for a tuition discount. Keeps parents involved and accountable. And less likely to allow their kids to waste their money.
(09-25-2015, 04:03 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yes Asians are the only ones allowed to join white in the progressive mindsets

Well, apparently you can be black or Latino, as long as you're wealthy, educated, and don't bring down test scores. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]