Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stupid Things Marvin Says Thread
(04-29-2018, 02:10 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not sure how this hasn't long since been a thing. I'll start us off...

Marvin on why they only added 1 OL worth a damn in the draft:

- - - - - - - - -
Of course, Marvin on halftime adjustments needs to go in the Marv HoF:

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Lewis-convenes-another-season/4878c63d-aac0-498f-a935-295aa5907659

The Vikings had no problem fixing their line in one offseason.

Principal: Mr. Lewis, what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Marvin: Okay, a simple “wrong” would’ve done just fine, but thanks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2018, 10:49 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I never take Fred's posts as verbal bullying. More like the old man shaking his fist from the porch yelling "you damn kids stay off my lawn!!".  Cool

I'm convinced he's Mike browns lawyer,or maybe he's Geoff Hobson secretly.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2018, 10:56 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: The Vikings had no problem fixing their line in one offseason.

Principal: Mr. Lewis, what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Marvin: Okay, a simple “wrong” would’ve done just fine, but thanks.

You know what gets me is , all off season our fans are like " O LINE O LINE O LINE YOU GOT TO DRAFT O LINE!!! ROUNDS 1,2 AND 3!!" Then once they don't take one tackle not even as a udfa . They are trying to justify it. Well uh all of them sucked like Marvin said,None of them could even compete. We got some sheep fans really. They just go off what the organization says.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2018, 10:48 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That's where i am.

I may seem negative but i look forward to the season just as much as anyone and i like a lot of the moves that have been made and how they look to be doing things a different way. I'll look forward to every game, be there watching every game and cheer just as hard when they do well. 

I just won't get my hopes up ahead of time and i won't believe anything is "different" until i see at least 1 playoff win.

AND I WANT MY DAMN 13 WIN SEASON ALREADY!!!

Lol amen to that. We seem to have a cap of 11 wins usually. 13 looked like a possibility before Dalton got hurt in 2015.

If we skipped the first round, maybe we'd win a game?  Hmm
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2018, 10:56 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: The Vikings had no problem fixing their line in one offseason. 

But not by playing multiple rookies.
Reply/Quote
.........aaaaaannnnnnnddddd we didn't even make it to page 2 before the Medicore Merv Militia comes roaring in.... LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2018, 02:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What is your point?

Marvin is handicapped by working for the worst owner in the league yet he has a winning career record against other NFL coaches. 

Do you honestly believe that a person who has accomplished that has never said a single smart comment about football ever?  And if your answer is "No" why do you slobber all over the haters who make these type of claims and mock the people who disagree with them?

LMAO LMAO

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2018, 02:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What is your point?

Marvin is handicapped by working for the worst owner in the league yet he has a winning career record against other NFL coaches. 

Do you honestly believe that a person who has accomplished that has never said a single smart comment about football ever?  And if your answer is "No" why do you slobber all over the haters who make these type of claims and mock the people who disagree with them?

I think most people feel the way I do. Marv has maxed out his ability, we’ve seen his best and it’s not good enough to get over the playoff hump. He’s been very solid coach and is good enough to get to the playoffs, but just getting to them isn’t good enough for us, anymore.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2018, 04:58 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I think most people feel the way I do. Marv has maxed out his ability, we’ve seen his best and it’s not good enough to get over the playoff hump. He’s been very solid coach and is good enough to get to the playoffs, but just getting to them isn’t good enough for us, anymore.

Perfectly summed up. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2018, 04:58 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I think most people feel the way I do. Marv has maxed out his ability, we’ve seen his best and it’s not good enough to get over the playoff hump. He’s been very solid coach and is good enough to get to the playoffs, but just getting to them isn’t good enough for us, anymore.

But that does not mean everything he says is stupid.

And that is the problem.  It should be possible for people to disagree on what is stupid and what is not without someone busting in with all this "Mediocre Marv Militia" stuff.  Especially when that is the ONLY point they make in the entire thread.

There should be a rule that if you are making a post in a thread you should discuss a specific post or point in that thread.  That would keep people from posting just to agitate and insult instead of adding information to the conversation.
Reply/Quote
Wyche Wrote:.........aaaaaannnnnnnddddd we didn't even make it to page 2 before the Medicore Merv Militia comes roaring in.... LMAO

"Medicore Merv" is the best typo I've seen in a long time. I have visions of tiny little soldiers carrying stretchers out on the field.

Anyway, here's mine, from a December 2017 press conference (thanks to Kat Terrell's tweet):

Marvin Lewis on if he wants to be back in Cincinnati next year: "I want to coach football." Lewis was then asked if he wants to coach in        Cincinnati: "Sure."

Maybe that'll be the Bengals' training camp t-shirt slogan this year. "Sure". Somebody else said that first, but I don't remember who. Probably Dehner or Jim O.

Reply/Quote
Sticking with the OL theme, here's Marvin Lewis in the 2017 off season.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/2/27/14750858/marvin-lewis-says-bengals-offensive-line-not-concern

It's like everyone knew the OL was a problem except the team itself.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2018, 10:06 AM)fredtoast Wrote: "Limp Wristed"?

Really?

Here we are with the same 7th grade playgound commentary that has not produced any logical discussion in the last decade and a half.  Why can't we act like adults around here.

I'll wait...

What does this have to do with disagreeing with the OP?  Which, BTW.....this wasn't a thread about arguing....it was a tongue in cheek satirical post about some of Merv's lesser quips....but I digress.

(04-29-2018, 10:12 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is an idea.  Why not start a thread about the dumbest myth fans keep repeating here.  This quote is a perfwct example.  Fans keep insisting that marvin said "We don't make second half adjustments" instead of what he actually said.

Except no one says that.....they mention "journalistic jargon".....which reading between the lines suggests he doesn't believe in them.  Here is an idea, quit calling people dumb. :andy:

(04-29-2018, 10:50 AM)fredtoast Wrote: What is mystifying is that you do not remember all the times the haters swore we would stink and never make the playoiffs and then we did.

The haters have been proven wrong many times.  Funny how they refuse to acknowledge that.
What's this have to do with the OP?

(04-30-2018, 05:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 1.)But that does not mean everything he says is stupid.

2.)And that is the problem.  It should be possible for people to disagree on what is stupid and what is not without someone busting in with all this "Mediocre Marv Militia" stuff.  Especially when that is the ONLY point they make in the entire thread.

3.)There should be a rule that if you are making a post in a thread you should discuss a specific post or point in that thread.  That would keep people from posting just to agitate and insult instead of adding information to the conversation.

1.)More hyperbole.....not one person has said everything he says is dumb.  Not one.

2.)I made more points, they got deleted.

3.)I guess you forgot that rule with your first post.

(05-03-2018, 09:43 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Sticking with the OL theme, here's Marvin Lewis in the 2017 off season.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/2/27/14750858/marvin-lewis-says-bengals-offensive-line-not-concern

It's like everyone knew the OL was a problem except the team itself.

Yeah.....this one has got to be the lamest of the lame.  I get you don't want to throw folks under the bus.....but he HAD to know it was a major concern.  There were better ways to convey the message that there was indeed some concern, while not singling anyone out.  "Yes, we need to make some major improvements over last year, but we feel we can coach up the unit, and have the people we want here."  Or, you could go all Jim Mora and put them on blast. LOL 

Reply/Quote