Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suicide
My best friend committed suicide last night. He had a wonderful new wife,a lucrative music career, a nice home on a gorgeous piece of property. Had the world by the balls. Feel free to check him out on youtube. He was the bass player for Dread Clampitt. His name was Kenny Oliverio, dude could the play piss out of the guitar,harp,bass,drums,ukulele,piano, basically if it made a tone he could play it.

I had a brother named Kenny that committed suicide in 1997. Kenny O and I had been great friends since our first meeting in Florida when we realized that we were both Ohio boys. He was from Cincy and myself from Piqua We played our first paying gig together in 1993. I always told him that I lost a brother named Kenny in 97 but I gained another brother named Kenny in 92. He is a huge loss for our community, his mom,lovely wife April, and myself.
Life has no rhyme or reason but we all march to the beat of the same drum.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 09:54 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: My best friend committed suicide last night. He had a wonderful new wife,a lucrative music career, a nice home on a gorgeous piece of property. Had the world by the balls. Feel free to check him out on youtube. He was the bass player for Dread Clampitt. His name was Kenny Oliverio, dude an play piss out of the guitar,harp,bass,drums,ukulele,piano, basically if it made a tone he could play it.

I had a brother named Kenny that committed suicide in 1997. Kenny O and I had been great friends since our first meeting in Florida when we realized that we were both Ohio boys. He was from Cincy and myself from Piqua We played our first paying gig together in 1993. I always told him that I lost a brother named Kenny in 97 but I gained anoter brother named Kenny in 92. He is a huge loss for our community, his mom,lovely wife April, and myself.

condolences man, that is rough. A friend just lost her daughter (14) to suicide about a month ago.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Sorry to hear broseph. I will check out his YouTube to honor your friend.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 09:54 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: My best friend committed suicide last night. He had a wonderful new wife,a lucrative music career, a nice home on a gorgeous piece of property. Had the world by the balls. Feel free to check him out on youtube. He was the bass player for Dread Clampitt. His name was Kenny Oliverio, dude an play piss out of the guitar,harp,bass,drums,ukulele,piano, basically if it made a tone he could play it.

I had a brother named Kenny that committed suicide in 1997. Kenny O and I had been great friends since our first meeting in Florida when we realized that we were both Ohio boys. He was from Cincy and myself from Piqua We played our first paying gig together in 1993. I always told him that I lost a brother named Kenny in 97 but I gained anoter brother named Kenny in 92. He is a huge loss for our community, his mom,lovely wife April, and myself.

That's certainly the truth!  I've also dealt with a suicide with someone very close to me.  You just never know.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
So sorry, coach. The pain some people conceal from those close to them is sometimes unimaginable.
Reply/Quote
Sorry for your loss coach. After someone whose life is on the upswing passes ,we ask why, why, WHY ?
We seldom find out, so must learn to live without definitive answers. Keep it moving coach....., your bud would not want you to suffer.
There is absolutely nothing you could have done to change his mind.
1. He hid his truth
Reply/Quote
Sorry to hear man . My condolences
Reply/Quote
Very sorry Coach.

Reply/Quote
People often carry demons they never share. Too bad they got the best of him.
Reply/Quote
Many single car accidents are suicides. People do it that way (and leave no note) so that life insurance policies will pay.

If I was going to kill myself that is how I would do it. Death always causes pain for the survivors, but suicide often hurts worse because friends and family feel like they could have done something to prevent it. And any survivor who was a dependent or burden might feel guilty.
Reply/Quote
So sorry for your loss. It's rough and surreal, I know. I lost a very good friend to suicide last year and one while I was in high school.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
I am so sorry for your loss.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 09:54 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: My best friend committed suicide last night. He had a wonderful new wife,a lucrative music career, a nice home on a gorgeous piece of property. Had the world by the balls. Feel free to check him out on youtube. He was the bass player for Dread Clampitt. His name was Kenny Oliverio, dude could the play piss out of the guitar,harp,bass,drums,ukulele,piano, basically if it made a tone he could play it.

I had a brother named Kenny that committed suicide in 1997. Kenny O and I had been great friends since our first meeting in Florida when we realized that we were both Ohio boys. He was from Cincy and myself from Piqua We played our first paying gig together in 1993. I always told him that I lost a brother named Kenny in 97 but I gained another brother named Kenny in 92. He is a huge loss for our community, his mom,lovely wife April, and myself.

Sincere condolences coach.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 09:54 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: My best friend committed suicide last night. He had a wonderful new wife,a lucrative music career, a nice home on a gorgeous piece of property. Had the world by the balls. Feel free to check him out on youtube. He was the bass player for Dread Clampitt. His name was Kenny Oliverio, dude could the play piss out of the guitar,harp,bass,drums,ukulele,piano, basically if it made a tone he could play it.

I'm sorry that I did not see this thread earlier to respond.

May your friend's memory be as a blessing.

I know the pain of being a survivor of a loved one who has committed suicide. The "why" question can never be answered and you are left with just the empty spot. The hopes of new memories with your friend have been dashed permanently. Therefore, you must cherish the old memories. And honor your friend's memory by living the best life that you can and being a blessing to others.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
Woke up and listened to Dread Clampitt's Forever Young cover from Bowling Green New Grass Festival 2012 (courtesy of KET and You Tube). Coachmcneil71 wasn't kidding. Kenny could play. Wish there was something more I could do to honor his memory, but I guess I can share the music with friends who will appreciate it. And, I really wish there was something more I could do for coach. Know that I woke up thinking about you and I will hold you in my heart as I go about my day.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 08:00 AM)xxlt Wrote: Woke up and listened to Dread Clampitt's Forever Young cover from Bowling Green New Grass Festival 2012 (courtesy of KET and You Tube). Coachmcneil71 wasn't kidding. Kenny could play. Wish there was something more I could do to honor his memory, but I guess I can share the music with friends who will appreciate it. And, I really wish there was something more I could do for coach. Know that I woke up thinking about you and I will hold you in my heart as I go about my day.

Very kind....thank you.
Reply/Quote
My condolences.

I myself have lost loved ones that way.

The grey skies will eventually become sunny again.
Reply/Quote