Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunday Bengals Game Will Be Cold Weather
(11-15-2022, 05:48 PM)ochocincos Wrote: In the first game against PIT where the weather was much more friendly to passing, Mixon only rushed for 82 yards at 3.04 a pop.
In a cold, windy game, it's more much likely the expect a team to run.
Not entirely hopeful with running being even more expected that the Bengals will be more efficient running the ball, but hopefully they are.
They will have a hard time getting it done if they are only averaging around 3.0 YPC.

Yep

We've got to stay out of constant 2nd and 9.5 and 3rd and 12 or more. We can't let the Squeelers pass rush just T-off on JB. We've got to have some productive runs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2022, 12:36 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: After weeks of sun and 73 degrees every damn day, I got to sit in falling snow on Saturday watching a college football game.  "About dang time" is right.  

Yep....... in typical Greater Cincinnati form............

[Image: fde226a03addbacf6b3318f495eec5cb335ca03e...f403_1.jpg]

Hilarious

I agree maybe getting half a practice in the cold might be helpful just so Burrow can get some snaps in with Karras in the cold, the receivers can get the feeling of catching a cold ball in the cold, Mixon can get the feeling of carrying it in the cold, and the lines/linebackers can get the feeling of contact in the cold.

Yes, I know they're used to it from some of them doing it all their lives, but just getting some contact for a reminder (as much as is allowed now).

You also don't want the cold to be a shock and at all on the players' minds when they should be focused on their jobs.
Reply/Quote
Playing in the cold should be good practice for if the Bengals end up in either New England or Buffalo in January. And famously, Cinti is no stranger to at or near zero temps in January, either. DEAL WITH IT.
Reply/Quote
A whole thread dedicated to explaining that it'll be cold in November. God bless America.
Reply/Quote
Tiger

Just keep running the football.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2022, 03:02 AM)kevin Wrote: The high Sunday will be 30.  So at kick-off around 4 PM it may be 30 and sunny in Pittsburgh.  No longer on Daylight Savings Time, so 4 PM is what 5 PM was 2 weeks ago.  The Second Half of this game will be played in the dark under lights as it drops below 30 once the sun goes down.  Add in next to the Ohio River for that extra Chill.  Always colder by a river or a lake.

Now it doesn't look like snow or rain Sunday.  It will be Cincinnati at Pittsburgh in very Winter weather of below freezing all game.  So any players who don't like cold weather are in trouble.  This will be a game the cold weather players stand out.

GO BENGALS

Tiger

Better than the Browns/Bills game...expecting 2 feet of snow!

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2022, 07:20 PM)JumboTron Wrote: A whole thread dedicated to explaining that it'll be cold in November.   God bless America.

Isn't it like summer down in Australia? Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2022, 05:39 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Buffalo is supposed to get a couple feet of snow I see this weekend.

How did you get in here?
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2022, 08:54 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

Just keep running the football.

This comment is under appreciated and very funny.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 08:58 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Better than the Browns/Bills game...expecting 2 feet of snow!

What a blast, love snow games. Smirk
Reply/Quote
It may not be a factor Sunday, but some games it gets so cold the football turns into a frozen brick. Throwing it is hard as it just dies in mid air. Catching it is hard. You can forget about 50 yard field goals when the footballs are like a frozen brick. You better get a lot closer to try a field goal. The frozen brick effect on the football is one of the huge differences between warm weather teams and cold weather teams. I have seen the Bengals have to try to play with a frozen brick many times, and it does effect the game calling. However if most of this game is around 30, that is not like zero and the football should be not too bad.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I'm about to board a plane in Johannesburg, South Africa and head back to Montana. Yesterday I was in 105 degree heat. The projected temperature for my reutn time is -14. Nothing like a 120 degree temperature change. To me, I'd be very happy to return to weather like Pissburgh's forecast!
Reply/Quote
Florio just warned that Buffalo could get up to 6 feet of snow. Buffalo fans are laughing at him for that ridiculous forecast though it did come from Accuweather. The snow should end by Saturday night according to most forecasts

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 01:29 PM)motoarch Wrote: How did you get in here?

They let me post here. The Bengals of course are my AFC team.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 01:29 PM)motoarch Wrote: How did you get in here?

Packerbacker is good people!  He's been here longer than you have been

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 03:27 PM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: I'm about to board a plane in Johannesburg, South Africa and head back to Montana. Yesterday I was in 105 degree heat. The projected temperature for my reutn time is -14. Nothing like a 120 degree temperature change. To me, I'd be very happy to return to weather like Pissburgh's forecast!

Wow. 

It will be quite a sight for the passengers in South Africa to see you board the plane carrying a winter coat and gloves. On the other hand, if you didn't pack those, I'll guess we'll be reading about someone frozen like a brick next to his snow-buried, dead-battery car in long-term parking.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 04:02 PM)pally Wrote: Packerbacker is good people!  He's been here longer than you have been

No he hasn't.  I've been here through 3 server changes.

My registration on this specific server doesn't mean I wasn't here.  I just didn't register right away.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 03:56 PM)packerbacker Wrote: They let me post here. The Bengals of course are my AFC team.

Just cause they do doesn't make it okay

Okay technically it does but I don't have to like it, or you.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 04:47 PM)motoarch Wrote: My registration on this specific server doesn't mean I wasn't here.  I just didn't register right away.

[Image: image-3.jpeg?w=225]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 04:52 PM)PhilHos Wrote: [Image: image-3.jpeg?w=225]
Are suggesting I wasn't here from the previous servers?  How would I even know this isn't the original hosting if I hadn't moved over from the old ones?
Reply/Quote