Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunday Bengals Game Will Be Cold Weather
(11-16-2022, 04:47 PM)motoarch Wrote: No he hasn't.  I've been here through 3 server changes.

My registration on this specific server doesn't mean I wasn't here.  I just didn't register right away.

He's been here for a while, no idea when either of you joined. He was on the mothership. I joined in 2006-ish and remember him posting from somewhere in that era. Looking at the Wayback Machine for the mothership, I don't see any of us, but that isn't surprising. Would have had to be a perfect capture. 

On a related note, getting some major nostalgia seeing the original boards again. 

EDIT - What luck! I think I just found him. If his name was packersfan, he joined in June of 2006.

[Image: N57uvZ7.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 04:49 PM)motoarch Wrote: Just cause they do doesn't make it okay

Okay technically it does but I don't have to like it, or you.

I understand. I love it here. I’m cool with you buddy.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 05:35 PM)packerbacker Wrote: I understand. I love it here. I’m cool with you buddy.

Don't you dare try to make me like you.

Tongue
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 06:45 PM)motoarch Wrote: Don't you dare try to make me like you.

Look I don’t want any trouble with you or anyone. A matter of fact if the Packers lost to anyone in the SB I’d rather it be you guys anyday or Buffalo even.

Tongue
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 05:21 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: He's been here for a while, no idea when either of you joined. He was on the mothership. I joined in 2006-ish and remember him posting from somewhere in that era. Looking at the Wayback Machine for the mothership, I don't see any of us, but that isn't surprising. Would have had to be a perfect capture. 

On a related note, getting some major nostalgia seeing the original boards again. 

EDIT - What luck! I think I just found him. If his name was packersfan, he joined in June of 2006.

I wouldn't even know where to being trying to find out when I first joined.  Nor do I think it's relavent.

Why am I on the defense anyways?  It doesn't matter.

We literally have a rule about where he can and can't post and it matters if I've been here 10 years or 1 day?

I know mods have been letting him get away with it for years because he's clearly a respectful (more so that I) user and is always polite.

But I'm like to troll his presence anyway and will continue to do so cause damnit I find it entertaining and and it breaks up the monotony of my day.

Seriously he's good people I get it.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 05:21 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: He's been here for a while, no idea when either of you joined. He was on the mothership. I joined in 2006-ish and remember him posting from somewhere in that era. Looking at the Wayback Machine for the mothership, I don't see any of us, but that isn't surprising. Would have had to be a perfect capture. 

How are you seeing the original boards? I can barely even remember what they look like. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 06:56 PM)motoarch Wrote: I wouldn't even know where to being trying to find out when I first joined.  Nor do I think it's relavent.

We literally have a rule about where he can and can't post and it matters if I've been here 10 years or 1 day?

I know mods have been letting him get away with it for years because he's clearly a respectful (more so that I) user and is always polite.

But I'm like to troll his presence anyway and will continue to do so cause damnit I find it entertaining and and it breaks up the monotony of my day.

I guess it would be relevant if you were genuinely trying to say that he hasn’t been here longer than you, Mr. Triple Server. You saying that just sparked my curiosity of when he and you joined, so I went looking. If that makes you defensive, not sure what else to tell you. I was just breaking up the monotony of my day. Lol.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 06:57 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: How are you seeing the original boards? I can barely even remember what they look like. 

You can Google the Wayback Machine and go to the Bengals.com site and navigate to the message boards. It has some stuff archived from 2005-2008-ish.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 07:56 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I guess it would be relevant if you were genuinely trying to say that he hasn’t been here longer than you, Mr. Triple Server. You saying that just sparked my curiosity of when he and you joined, so I went looking. If that makes you defensive, not sure what else to tell you. I was just breaking up the monotony of my day. Lol.

The mod brought it up originally.  Saying he's been here longer than me as if it meant he was validated in posting in this forum because of it.  I think that's a weird position to take weather it's true or not 
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2022, 07:20 PM)JumboTron Wrote: A whole thread dedicated to explaining that it'll be cold in November.   God bless America.

I'm not singing the praises of cold, freezing weather with a buttload of snow especially in Cincinnati where I almost froze to death along I-75 about 40 years ago.. One of the reasons I moved south was to avoid freezing, Enjoy it while it lasts. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2022, 02:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: POUND THE BALL!!!MadSmackPitt Sux

(11-15-2022, 03:38 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: That's right, feed the Mixon beast. I hope he's still in beast mode.

Pitt SuxPitt SuxPitt Sux

Agree with both of these and then exploit their Fitzpatrick-less secondary

Glad Reader will be back though, because believe the steelers will be thinking the same thing and trying to pound the rock as well. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr its getting cold in this thread lol

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 08:00 PM)motoarch Wrote: The mod brought it up originally.  Saying he's been here longer than me as if it meant he was validated in posting in this forum because of it.  I think that's a weird position to take weather it's true or not 

Far be it from me to agree with the Mods but the rules are:

"Bengals fans Only"

not

"Bengals Only fans"

Of course, I'm new around here so I'm no expert.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 09:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Far be it from me to agree with the Mods but the rules are:

"Bengals fans Only"

not

"Bengals Only fans"

Of course, I'm new around here so I'm no expert.

The Bengals have an only fans?

They got any more them Jill burrow picks?

Asking for a friend.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 04:49 PM)motoarch Wrote: Just cause they do doesn't make it okay

Okay technically it does but I don't have to like it, or you.

Don't mess with Packerbacker man. Sure he isn't an all out Bengal fan like we are doesn't mean we should be assholes.

He is the one good poster of another team we let on here cause he isn't a troll and as Pally said is good people and we are
his favorite team in the AFC and probably his favorite team right now. Packerbacker is the exception, just like when we play 
another team sometimes we let their fans post in here before the game and it makes for some great discussion at times.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 09:03 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree with both of these and then exploit their Fitzpatrick-less secondary

Glad Reader will be back though, because believe the steelers will be thinking the same thing and trying to pound the rock as well. 

For sure, shut down their run game and get them in those 3rd and longs and up Trey, Sam, BJ and Ossai's Sack tally big time.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 06:56 PM)motoarch Wrote: I wouldn't even know where to being trying to find out when I first joined.  Nor do I think it's relavent.

Rock on Motoarch, I like it lol  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 10:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Don't mess with Packerbacker man. Sure he isn't an all out Bengal fan like we are doesn't mean we should be assholes.

He is the one good poster of another team we let on here cause he isn't a troll and as Pally said is good people and we are
his favorite team in the AFC and probably his favorite team right now. Packerbacker is the exception, just like when we play 
another team sometimes we let their fans post in here before the game and it makes for some great discussion at times.

Plus as Sam Wyche once said, "you don't live in Cleveland, you live in Cincinnati.  Ninja

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 10:49 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Plus as Sam Wyche once said, "you don't live in Cleveland, you live in Cincinnati.  Ninja

Love you all.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 08:00 PM)motoarch Wrote: The mod brought it up originally.  Saying he's been here longer than me as if it meant he was validated in posting in this forum because of it.  I think that's a weird position to take weather it's true or not 

I'm not a mod just a poster like everyone else.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote