Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Bowl 50: Panthers vs Broncos Game Day
(02-08-2016, 12:33 AM)milksheikh Wrote: No, He was paid to say he drank Budweiser..

Come on now.. Common sense. Big Grin

Ive never seen him in a budweiser commercial or anything though.

Im starting to think there may really be something to this concussion thing causing brain damage.
Reply/Quote
I like Peyton, but sometimes he comes off like a politician. He mentioned "kissing his wife" "drinking Budweiser" and "giving thanks to the Man upstairs" both times when he was asked about retiring. It felt so scripted. Also, how much did Budweiser pay him for the shout out?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 12:45 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I like Peyton, but sometimes he comes off like a politician. He mentioned "kissing his wife" "drinking Budweiser" and "giving thanks to the Man upstairs" both times when he was asked about retiring. It felt so scripted. Also, how much did Budweiser pay him for the shout out?

Active players can't rep alcohol companies though....

Hmmm
Reply/Quote
Cam Newton sucks. Dude is not a pocket passer, he just isn't accurate enough. Take away his running and put pressure on him in the pocket and he can't do anything.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 12:49 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Active players can't rep alcohol companies though....

[Image: wink-nudge.jpg]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Wow, what a night. Congrats to the Broncos. It's gonna be a long 6 months until that first pre-sreason game. Welcome to the off-seson. Hope it goes fast.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 12:55 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Cam Newton sucks. Dude is not a pocket passer, he just isn't accurate enough. Take away his running and put pressure on him in the pocket and he can't do anything.

He just won the MVP.
Pump the breaks.

Denver's defense throttled the entire Carolina offense. 
Cam was bad, his tackles were worse and his WR were bad too. 
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 12:58 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: He just won the MVP.
Pump the breaks.

Denver's defense throttled the entire Carolina offense. 
Cam was bad, his tackles were worse and his WR were bad too. 

Which is why it's a joke he won MVP and Offensive Player of the year. He's a great athlete no doubt and the Broncos defense is legit, but that still doesn't change what I said. Maybe he doesn't "suck" but he still isn't accurate.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 01:01 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Which is why it's a joke he won MVP and Offensive Player of the year. He's a great athlete no doubt and the Broncos defense is legit, but that still doesn't change what I said. Maybe he doesn't "suck" but he still isn't accurate.

Again, pump the breaks.

He's plenty accurate. 
He had no time and very few windows to get passes into.

Denver's defense deserves all the credit in the world for that.

You can't pick a game against what is essentially an all time great defense now, and say THAT'S why he sucks.

Oh and name me a better more deserving MVP candidate and OPOY
Reply/Quote
Newton is very good, Denver has the #1 Defense. I'm not sure if everyone here watched enough of his games. He looked jittery (AKA Andy Dalton of 2014, every ball is high). It would have been hilarious to see how dalton reacted to the superbowl that year if he was pulling that for halves at a time during the regular season.

His post press conference though was piss poor for the face of the league.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The problem is the NFL has been pimping Scam as the face of the league since before he was drafted. Their media has relentlessly plugged him and covered up his major character issues and also ignored that he has only rarely in his career had to play a good defense.

Well, he played a good one tonight and they embarrassed him. Basically they stopped Stewart and dared Newton to beat them - and he responded with three awful turnovers and showed zero pocket awareness and hilarious inaccuracy passing out of the pocket - almost all Carolina's pass yards came from a small handful of broken coverage plays where he had wide open receivers.

Then there was his infantile postgame performance. After his race card antics before the game, hopefully even the NFL realizes that this immature baby is unfit to be the face of the game....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Newton showboats whenever his team wins, and calls it "having fun." But the second things go south, he acts like a petulant child. Seriously, when Wolfe tackled him in the end zone, I've seen four-year-olds act out like that. You're a ***** grown ass man.

He can't win with grace, and he sure as shit can't lose with it. What an infant.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 01:02 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Again, pump the breaks.

He's plenty accurate. 
He had no time and very few windows to get passes into.

Denver's defense deserves all the credit in the world for that.

You can't pick a game against what is essentially an all time great defense now, and say THAT'S why he sucks.

Oh and name me a better more deserving MVP candidate and OPOY

I didnt think they were well coached on offense tonight even with the multiple mistakes they made. With how Denver was bringing the heat, did they even attempt a screen? Or do anything to try to adjust to it? It was either a handoff, or him doing a 7 step dropback it seemed. 

That said he didnt have a good game by any means, but imo he didnt get much help from some of his teammates either.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
The dude was almost the most under pressure in super bowl history (stats). The Denver defense took him down. They were 17-1 coming into the game, lol. Such hypocrisy in this thread, Newton is a damn good QB. He's a child in press conferences but on the field he's usually a beast.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 01:40 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Newton showboats whenever his team wins, and calls it "having fun."  But the second things go south, he acts like a petulant child.  Seriously, when Wolfe tackled him in the end zone, I've seen four-year-olds act out like that.  You're a ***** grown ass man.

He can't win with grace, and he sure as shit can't lose with it.  What an infant.

Exactly. He's an immature baby.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 12:49 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Active players can't rep alcohol companies though....

Hmmm

In all likelihood Peyton is played his last game and he can skirt this rule now. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 01:01 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Which is why it's a joke he won MVP and Offensive Player of the year. He's a great athlete no doubt and the Broncos defense is legit, but that still doesn't change what I said. Maybe he doesn't "suck" but he still isn't accurate.

Easily MVP. Doubt any QB could have done more with what he had at WR. They had one decent RB and a good TE. They would be lucky to be .500 with a lesser QB.

If the Bengals had Cam we would be untouchable.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 02:01 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The dude was almost the most under pressure in super bowl history (stats). The Denver defense took him down. They were 17-1 coming into the game, lol. Such hypocrisy in this thread, Newton is a damn good QB. He's a child in press conferences but on the field he's usually a beast.

He is usually a beast because of his duel threat capability.

Once he was effectively contained and forced to be a traditional pocket passer. Then he frustrated easily and even quit on that fumble. 

Good QB with potential of greatness but was not the leader his team needed tonight. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 02:21 AM)Go Cards Wrote: He is usually a beast because of his duel threat capability.

Once he was effectively contained and forced to be a traditional pocket passer. Then he frustrated easily and even quit on that fumble. 

Good QB with potential of greatness but was not the leader his team needed tonight. 

Yep. Denver's defense stopped Stewart and made sure to stay in their rush lanes which removed the dual threat and made Newton try to function as a pocket passer. And he was not good at all in that mode.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 12:39 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Peyton Manning: Bengals Offensive Coordinator 2017

Oh hell no...but Quarterbacks Coach? Yes, yes...a big fat YES...no...fatter....YES!!!
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote