Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
Super Bowl LVI Halftime Show Stinks
(02-09-2022, 06:44 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: The beginning of the end for good music was the CD era. Instead of artists having to come up with 25-35 minutes of material every year, the labels were now asking for 65-70 minutes of music every two or three years which quickly led to every four or five years.

Whether you were a Kiss fan or not, in the vinyl era, you had a new album for your Freshman year, one for your Sophomore year, another for your Junior year and yet another for your Senior year. I didn't hang around the same kids in my Freshman year that I hung around with in my Senior year and hearing some of those songs on the radio from those years reminds of some of those friends that I only knew for a short time.

In the vinyl era, with albums coming out every year, the artists grew and you grew. Sometimes a band you had no interest in early in their career evolves into a path that intersects with yours. Sometimes a band you really connected with early in their career moves away from the direction you're heading. SOMETIMES a band that you connect with from the start, puts out kick ass album after kick ass album. I remember waiting for Metallica's Master Of Puppets and after putting that album on the turntable . . . it completely changed the rest of the 80's for me. The only non-Thrash Metal album that I bought from mid 86 through early '92 was Scorpions Savage Amusement in 1988.

In the CD era, If an already popular band put out an album in a kids high school Freshmen year, he'd be lucky if they put out their next album his Sophomore year in college. He's changed as a person, the band has changed and the entire music scene has changed. There's no connection with a band or artist like there was from the 80s on back and the CD era is what ended it.

We only listen to vinyl. My hubby has created a very sweet set up with a Technics turn table, Kenwood (minty vintage) receiver and a pair of beautiful vintage Klipsch speakers. We listen to music more than we watch TV. His set up now is amazing, nothing sounds better!   Rock On
Reply/Quote