Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
Super Bowl LVI Halftime Show Stinks
(02-08-2022, 10:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Scooter got too much into the drugs similar to Layne Staley of Alice in Chains. Became pickled.

Sevendust is another great band, love their stuff, hope they put out some new songs.

Scooter is clean now.. for a few years... The drummer is the only original member left besides scooter.. The latest record is probably my favorite. They hit on some touchy stuff...
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 10:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Scooter got too much into the drugs similar to Layne Staley of Alice in Chains. Became pickled.

Sevendust is another great band, love their stuff, hope they put out some new songs.

You ever listen to Second Coming?

Singer was a good friend of Layne's.

I often wondered who copied who's singing style...

[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 10:43 PM)Tony Wrote: Scooter is clean now.. for a few years... The drummer is the only original member left besides scooter.. The latest record is probably my favorite. They hit on some touchy stuff...

That is awesome for Scooter, love the guy another one of my favorite singers. Gonna check out their new album.

Great to hear the man cleaning up his life, he has a daughter that I know of.

I have lots of Cold's music and have had my own Pandora station dedicated to them for like 15 years.

Another band that is underrated in my eyes of the same genre is Flaw. Kind of like Korn but different.

Also like lots of Seether.
Reply/Quote

Sevendust just got into a rut.

All of their newer stuff sounds like the old without any shine.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 10:49 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: You ever listen to Second Coming?

Singer was a good friend of Layne's.

I often wondered who copied who's singing style...

This is great. Reminds me of Scott Weiland of STP as well.Cheers
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 10:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is awesome for Scooter, love the guy another one of my favorite singers. Gonna check out their new album.

Great to hear the man cleaning up his life, he has a daughter that I know of.

I have lots of Cold's music and have had my own Pandora station dedicated to them for like 15 years.

Another band that is underrated in my eyes of the same genre is Flaw. Kind of like Korn but different.

Also like lots of Seether.

Omg! I love flaw! Through the eyes is my favorite album! They shoulda been huge...
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 11:01 PM)Tony Wrote: Omg! I love flaw! Through the eyes is my favorite album! They shoulda been huge...

Same, you know your music brother! A lot of people of my age didn't know about Flaw until I played them for them and they ALL 
became huge fans instantly. Just never got played on the big stage at all with the likes of Korn and such. I don't know why, they 
ROCK just as hard as Korn and are more pure in their lead singer's voice. Nothing against Jonathan Davis, love the guy.

He is just a bit of an animal lol
Reply/Quote
I'm not big on rap, but at least it's the decent kinda. Personally I think it a decent halftime show. Better than some luke warm pop crap.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 11:01 PM)Tony Wrote: Omg! I love flaw! Through the eyes is my favorite album! They shoulda been huge...

Endangered Species is also a great album.

BTW just watched Cold's Quiet Now...

Just fantastic love that shit! Sounds like Scooter has his voice back. That one newer album years back he just didn't sound right.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 08:24 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: There was a bit of an Op Ivy reunion on Saturday. Jesse Michaels came on stage with Tim Armstrong for a couple songs. There's video of them doing ‘Sound System’ together. First time in 30 years!

Friggin ay man. I will look that up immediately. I was big into Rancid and Op Ivy back in the day. Actually met Lars at warped tour in 2000. Energy was a legendary album though.

(02-08-2022, 10:37 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I saw Cold open for Sevendust years ago.

I liked Cold at the time, but man that guy was not a showman at all.

He spent most of the show huddled on the side of the stage.

Sevendust kicked some ass though.  That was the high-point of their career.

I thought Black was one the best metal songs of the 90s, but the rest of that album did nothing for me. Then they faded into obscurity.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 11:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Endangered Species is also a great album.

BTW just watched Cold's Quiet Now...

Just fantastic love that shit! Sounds like Scooter has his voice back. That one newer album years back he just didn't sound right.

I've listened to them all.. I absolutely love flaw. They are probably in my top 10 favorite bands ever.. Their singer is amazing.. They are diverse too.. Heavy to a ballad they are amazing... .  Not enough is a flaw song I've been listening to the last few weeks...Scooter is better now I think. It usually goes the other way when they get clean...
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 11:40 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Friggin ay man. I will look that up immediately. I was big into Rancid and Op Ivy back in the day. Actually met Lars at warped tour in 2000. Energy was a legendary album though.

Rancid is probably my all time favorite live band. I will drop anything I’m doing and go to their show anytime they’re near Cincinnati.

Energy is an all-time punk rock classic. Still listen to it often.

…but Jesse Michaels is surprisingly low energy in that reunion son with Tim.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 11:43 PM)Tony Wrote: I've listened to them all.. I absolutely love flaw. They are probably in my top 10 favorite bands ever.. Their singer is amazing.. They are diverse too.. Heavy to a ballad they are amazing... .  Not enough is a flaw song I've been listening to the last few weeks...Scooter is better now I think. It usually goes the other way when they get clean...

Same here with Flaw, they are great at slowing down and then just crunch the hell out of a song with heavy drums and a 
fantastic singer. Great band at making stops and transitions during songs. Very smooth singer, his mother was a professional
opera singer that committed suicide when he was a kid.

I am sure you know that. Just some more music tid bits.

Yeah, Scooter sounds great unlike lots of singers who clean up. Lots just lose it. Staley never got his voice back. At least 
not to its best where he wailed.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 11:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same here with Flaw, they are great at slowing down and then just crunch the hell out of a song with heavy drums and a 
fantastic singer. Great band at making stops and transitions during songs. Very smooth singer, his mother was a professional
opera singer that committed suicide when he was a kid.

I am sure you know that. Just some more music tid bits.

Yeah, Scooter sounds great unlike lots of singers who clean up. Lots just lose it. Staley never got his voice back. At least 
not to its best where he wailed.

Staley lost all his teeth from the dope.. I love AIC ... There will never be another Layne.. He put his whole life in those lyrics. He just got out of rehab before the unplugged and had to get high to perform and was nodding off and still nailed the whole ***** thing perfectly.. I hate morons like sully from Godsmack who try to imitate his voice. No one can do it.. AIC got me through a dark time and addiction. They always hold a special place to me...
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 12:11 AM)Tony Wrote: Staley lost all his teeth from the dope.. I love AIC ... There will never be another Layne.. He put his whole life in those lyrics. He just got out of rehab before the unplugged and had to get high to perform and was nodding off and still nailed the whole ***** thing perfectly.. I hate morons like sully from Godsmack who try to imitate his voice. No one can do it.. AIC got me through a dark time and addiction. They always hold a special place to me...

Love AIC myself. Loved Layne and still love Jerry. I like Sully too, he doesn't mean to offend. AIC is his and the bands favorite 
band hence the name Godsmack that came from an AIC song. Good for you getting through addiction Tony, that is rough stuff 
I thank God I never really went through. I have been a drunk is all but now I am just a brewskie drinker who has a good time.

Been a blast hearing about you partying with Ben Burnsley and you liking the same music as I do.

Been really liking Adelitas Way lately, "Drifting" is a cool song and these guys are out of Vegas which is local to me.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 10:37 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I saw Cold open for Sevendust years ago.

I liked Cold at the time, but man that guy was not a showman at all.

He spent most of the show huddled on the side of the stage.

Sevendust kicked some ass though.  That was the high-point of their career.

Scooter and Sevendust are awesome.

"Bleed," is still a phenomenal track, a wonderful (not in the, "happy," sense LOL) song full of emotion. Sevendust is awesome too, never got into them though. "Angel's Son," is another superb tune.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 12:37 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Scooter and Sevendust are awesome.

"Bleed," is still a phenomenal track, a wonderful (not in the, "happy," sense LOL) song full of emotion. Sevendust is awesome too, never got into them though. "Angel's Son," is another superb tune.

Angel's Son is a great tune by Sevendust no doubt Truck. I loved a song and vid from them back in the day, I think was called Alive.

Not sure right now though will have to look it up, been awhile. Sevendust's drummer is a good screamer lol

Love their lead singer though, Willis I think his name is?
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 12:18 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Love AIC myself. Loved Layne and still love Jerry. I like Sully too, he doesn't mean to offend. AIC is his and the bands favorite 
band hence the name Godsmack that came from an AIC song. Good for you getting through addiction Tony, that is rough stuff 
I thank God I never really went through. I have been a drunk is all but now I am just a brewskie drinker who has a good time.

Been a blast hearing about you partying with Ben Burnsley and you liking the same music as I do.

Been really liking Adelitas Way lately, "Drifting" is a cool song and these guys are out of Vegas which is local to me.

Same here man... Seems like we agree on a lot . Weird for this place lol. Funny story, I went to Mayhem fest in 2011, after Megadeth was done I dipped before Godsmack came on lol.. I wasn't sitting through them to see disturbed even....
Reply/Quote
Speak for yourself. I'm a huge rap fan especially 90s and early 2000's. I'm from California so snoop, dre and tupac were my favorites and I was born in Detroit so I'm a huge Eminem fan. For once I will be excited for a halftime show, about time they got some good music in it. Hope they keep it that way.

My team in the SB with probably going to be the best halftime show. I'm super excited.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 04:02 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I'm glad some of you are looking forward to it. I don't consider their songs as music. Maybe I'm just too old (59 years old) to appreciate it. I will tell you my generation had some good music compared to today. I just don't care for any of the acts this year.

It's your age lol.. but it's just the times you grew up in. I grew up in the 90s and early 2000s so snoop, dre, Mary J was some of my favorites growing up.

Now I'm 38 so I don't like much of today's rap so I'm considered old school as well in a way. Lol
Reply/Quote