[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 10:13 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Bengals 26
Rams 23

(02-07-2022, 10:42 AM)ochocincos Wrote: 27-24 Bengals

Well, well. We'll just see who is closest when the game is over.  Cool
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 06:44 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Who wins and what’s your final score prediction for the big game?

Apologies if this is already posted. I looked and didn’t see a prediction thread but this place has been busy lately so maybe I missed it.

I’ll go first and say Bengals win. Final score Bengals 27-23.

Poll included to pick the winning team. Let’s vote based on what we actually think will happen and not what we want to happen ThumbsUp

(02-07-2022, 10:13 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Bengals win. I'm hopeful for a Bengals thrashing of the Rams, but I don't see it happening.

Burrow throws for 2 TDs and Shooter goes 4/4 with FGs.

Bengals 26
Rams 23

Stafford throws a costly 4th quarter INT securing the Bengals victory.

(02-07-2022, 10:42 AM)ochocincos Wrote: 27-24 Bengals

(02-07-2022, 10:45 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Well, well. We'll just see who is closest when the game is over.  Cool

You’re obviously both half right Wink
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 12:03 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: You’re obviously both half right Wink

Oops, I overlooked your prediction. Looks like you're in first with the score!
Reply/Quote
Rams 14-10 at the half. Bengals 41-17 final.  Who Dey
Reply/Quote
I'm going for Bengals vs 49ers score minus the fumbled punt guy Bengals stopped using.

23 to 12 Bengals Win, but I add 3 points for Rams in home stadium, so 23 to 15. Now if you want to add 7 points for Rams at home, then 23 to 19 or 20.

So Bengals WIN 23 to 15 or 23 to 20

I would love 23 to 15.

The way play-offs in NFL going, many game winning field goals, so McPHERSON on the 23 to 20 WIN score.

I would love to see Bengals Defense make it 23 to 15. Rams pass on Field Goal needing Touchdown to catch up, but Bengals Defense Stuffs Them on 4th Down. WHO DEY.

I've been thinking. The Rams are NOT Montana to Rice and as good as those 49ers teams Bengals lost to in Super Bowl. That was THE DYNASTY 49ers Era. Nothing Dynasty about Rams. Bengals can Win this .

I predict Bengals intercept Stafford once or twice. Stafford throws more interceptions in this game than Burrow, and the turnovers make the difference.

MIXON is the best Running Back in this Game, and he makes a few Super Bowl Highlight Reel Runs to go into Football History. MIXON on a combo of runs and passes as he cracks the end zone once or twice. I've seen Rams, they can be ran on by lesser backs than Mixon. Of course if Rams are stupid enough to line up in a Run Defense, throw the ball to Chase, Higgins, Boyd or a Tight End. Hit Them Where They Ain't.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Half time: 24- 7 Bengals

But the Rams start their come back Bengals style after the half. Just when it looks like the Rams have flipped the script tied at 27-27 with the ball on their 25 after we kick off from our loan FG of the second half with 55 seconds left on the clock Wilson gets the pick 6 on second down at the 32 yard line from a tipped screen pass. Bengals seal the deal at 34-27 and get their first Lombardi trophy when Stafford finishes the game with another interception by Awuzie covering Kupp. Who Dey!!

How's that for a prediction? I just wanted to put it out there because I've been concerned we get up big and then take our foot off the gas letting LA back in the game. Trying a little reverse psychology.

Of course in my head the Bengals lose it, but I guess years of hoping for the best but expecting the worse are still hard for me to shake.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
These predictions are making me more apprehensive about the game. It reminds me of the KC and Titans fans picking their teams. I remember 96% of KC fans on one site were picking the Chiefs. Usually this board is either picking the opponent or somewhat evenly divided. (Although I did see similar universal picking of the Bengals over the Jets.)

What is inspiring so much confidence against a Rams team that analysts are saying have a superior offense, defense, and special teams?
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 04:53 PM)Nepa Wrote: These predictions are making me more apprehensive about the game. It reminds me of the KC and Titans fans picking their teams. I remember 96% of KC fans on one site were picking the Chiefs. Usually this board is either picking the opponent or somewhat evenly divided. (Although I did see similar universal picking of the Bengals over the Jets.)

What is inspiring so much confidence against a Rams team that analysts are saying have a superior offense, defense, and special teams?

Look at the score predictions, a lot of very close scores here. I doubt anyone here thinks we are head and shoulders better than the Rams (which is what Chiefs fans were acting like). I do think we are PLAYING better than them right now. It’s not all about talent/etc, it’s also which teams hit their stride at the right time and I think ours has.

Can’t speak for anyone else but I’ve been confident that we are going to win each week in the playoffs. Just a calm, quiet confidence. Can’t really explain it other than it FEELS like we are going to win again. Not saying we are even the better team or more talented, just that it feels like this team isn’t going to be stopped.

Our defense, while not really amazing at any one thing, is very versatile and can shut down any offense (run heavy like Tenn. Pass heavy like KC. Etc) just enough for our offense and Shooter to play a clean game with no major mistakes and pull one out. When your D keeps the other team in check and you’ve got a clutch QB and clutch kicker you’ve got a damn good chance against anyone.
Reply/Quote
24-21 Bengals. Burrow marches down the field and we score the go ahead TD leaving the Rams with 13 seconds left.

Stafford tries his best to be the Grim Reaper, but confuses which team he is supposed to "reap", and throws an INT on the next play.

All of Bengal Nation collectively unclinch and then the celebration begins!
Reply/Quote
I have no prediction for this game other then it will be a great game. The Rams front has the ability to wreck a gameplan entirely that being said Joe Burrow is playing out of his mind. I think this is going to be one of those games where the team who has the ball last, wins.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
21-20 late in 3rd qtr. Bengals lead.

Bengals intercept Stafford and pull ahead 28-20. Shooter hits two FG's in 4th Bengals 34-20. Rams get very late TD but it's not enough.

Bengals 34- 27
Reply/Quote
35-27 Bengals Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 06:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bengals 30-28.

51yd game winning FG by McPherson with 0:00 left.

How cool would that be?
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 05:16 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Look at the score predictions, a lot of very close scores here. I doubt anyone here thinks we are head and shoulders better than the Rams (which is what Chiefs fans were acting like). I do think we are PLAYING better than them right now. It’s not all about talent/etc, it’s also which teams hit their stride at the right time and I think ours has.

Can’t speak for anyone else but I’ve been confident that we are going to win each week in the playoffs. Just a calm, quiet confidence. Can’t really explain it other than it FEELS like we are going to win again. Not saying we are even the better team or more talented, just that it feels like this team isn’t going to be stopped.

Our defense, while not really amazing at any one thing, is very versatile and can shut down any offense (run heavy like Tenn. Pass heavy like KC. Etc) just enough for our offense and Shooter to play a clean game with no major mistakes and pull one out. When your D keeps the other team in check and you’ve got a clutch QB and clutch kicker you’ve got a damn good chance against anyone.

Thank you for your thoughtful response.
Reply/Quote
26-20 Bengals win

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Bengals lead the poll 35-0. A little orange and black bias, maybe? Seriously, no one here thinks the Rams will win?

Serious question, though. Most people thinking we score 24-35 points. How do we do that against what most describe as the best DL in football? Is Joe gonna have time to do the things he wants?
Reply/Quote
There's some serious magic happening with Bengals, one more to go

Bengals 24

Rams 20
Reply/Quote
Bengals-27-23
Reply/Quote
31-24

Rams get intercepted in the last few seconds. Rather than taking the knee, Mixon gets in a sneaky run and then they send in Shooter and he breaks the record (most points in the post-season and distance for SB) with a 58 yarder, which beats Steve Christie's record 54 yarder.

Rams turn into sourpuss losers and leave the field and McVay exchanges some heated words with ZT... LOL
Reply/Quote