Rams
1.82%
1 1.82%
Total 55 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Bowl Score Predictions
(02-07-2022, 09:30 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Bengals lead the poll 35-0. A little orange and black bias, maybe? Seriously, no one here thinks the Rams will win?

Serious question, though. Most people thinking we score 24-35 points. How do we do that against what most describe as the best DL in football? Is Joe gonna have time to do the things he wants?

The Rams secondary is very average even playing behind a great DL….are you predicting a Bengals loss?

Do you think the Bengals get sacked 10 times or more in this game? Because the Titans had 9 sacks and that STILL wasn’t enough to beat Cincy. The Rams are a good team, but the Bengals are here for a reason (and it’s not because the 3 teams we met in the playoffs rolled over).

I expected some people to predict a loss but if you think about it-how many teams go to the super bowl (on 2-3 game win streak) and fans would predict them to lose at that point? Not many, and rightfully so. Any team that can make it to this point has earned the support and faith of their fan base even if the rest of the world says they have little or no shot.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 10:17 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: The Rams secondary is very average even playing behind a great DL….are you predicting a Bengals loss?

Do you think the Bengals get sacked 10 times or more in this game? Because the Titans had 9 sacks and that STILL wasn’t enough to beat Cincy. The Rams are a good team, but the Bengals are here for a reason (and it’s not because the 3 teams we met in the playoffs rolled over).

I expected some people to predict a loss but if you think about it-how many teams go to the super bowl (on 2-3 game win streak) and fans would predict them to lose at that point?  Not many, and rightfully so. Any team that can make it to this point has earned the support and faith of their fan base even if the rest of the world says they have little or no shot.

All true, I am not going to pick against us, said it from the Titans game on. This team plays with mad heart. They have fun, they 
play for each other, the Defense is so underrated they aren't even mentioned by anyone when talking about the game for some 
damn reason and they are the reason we are here damn it. I love Joe Burrow and our weapons but the D is why we are in the SB.

Our DT's against the interior of the Rams OL is just as big of an advantage for us as their DL is to our OL in my opinion.

Burrow can more than handle pressure, Stafford has major trouble with it. The Rams make many mistakes, we don't.

Keep it up and actually score some TD's and I don't see how the Rams win. I have that much confidence.

But I could be wrong as everyone may be and they sack Burrow so much we cannot win the game, who knows...
Reply/Quote
I’m a Bengal fan because I’m a Joe Burrow fan. I’m from Louisiana. I’m excited to see what Burrow can do on this stage. I am worried about the matchup though. I’m also worried about McVay out-coaching Taylor. I expected McVay to win a Super Bowl after his first year, I just hope this isn’t the year.

Bengals 31 Rams 28 in Overtime
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 11:54 PM)PocketAces32 Wrote: I’m a Bengal fan because I’m a Joe Burrow fan. I’m from Louisiana. I’m excited to see what Burrow can do on this stage. I am worried about the matchup though. I’m also worried about McVay out-coaching Taylor. I expected McVay to win a Super Bowl after his first year, I just hope this isn’t the year.

Welcome aboard and I like your user name.  Rock On

I honestly think Taylor can out coach McVay from what I have been watching lately, crazy but it is what I believe.

Been pretty amazing how Zac Taylor has became a very good HC this season and grew as the season went on.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 10:17 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: The Rams secondary is very average even playing behind a great DL….are you predicting a Bengals loss?

I expected some people to predict a loss but if you think about it-how many teams go to the super bowl (on 2-3 game win streak) and fans would predict them to lose at that point?  Not many, and rightfully so. Any team that can make it to this point has earned the support and faith of their fan base even if the rest of the world says they have little or no shot.

I'm one of the 35 they believe the Bengals will find a way to win. Plus, I just think we are the better team and are very hungry for this.  Just surprised that no one has picked the Rams after making their defensive line out to be the best since the '85 Bears or '62 Packers.
Reply/Quote
Although I would be very surprised by this outcome (think like every playoff game it will be very close), but I had a dream and when I woke up, I saw the scoreboard in my head:

Bengals 35
Rams 19

I know...it is an odd score, too.
Reply/Quote
My prediction: Hype, more hype, even more hype then some more, a slight lull in hype then more hype, a LOT of hype then an absolute torrent of hype.. 

Oh...You mean the actual game? hell if I know, but the Bengals are going to win. Our turn plus Joe walked right from NFL central casting..

Looking at the voting results I'm shocked, SHOCKED I say that nobody picked the Rams..  Man, you'd think we're all confident at this point..  Shocked
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 11:54 PM)PocketAces32 Wrote: I’m a Bengal fan because I’m a Joe Burrow fan. I’m from Louisiana. I’m excited to see what Burrow can do on this stage. I am worried about the matchup though. I’m also worried about McVay out-coaching Taylor. I expected McVay to win a Super Bowl after his first year, I just hope this isn’t the year.

Nice, good to see someone coming onboard to Bengals fandom. I hope we have you for awhile as I anticipate longevity for Burrow's career as the Bengals starting QB.
Reply/Quote
Bengals 28-21
Reply/Quote
I have proof it's just one sign of the end times.. Bengals may win the super bowl, I've quit smoking after almost 50 years and my wife has actually been watching Bengals youtube videos..  Well, nice knowing you all. The world is coming to an end..  Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Bengals- 26
Rams- 21

Evan Almighty with 4 FG’s
Burrow 1 TD to Mixon
Eli Apple with a pick 6 ( Bold I know)
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 09:30 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Bengals lead the poll 35-0. A little orange and black bias, maybe?   Seriously, no one here thinks the Rams will win?

Serious question, though. Most people thinking we score 24-35 points. How do we do that against what most describe as the best DL in football?  Is Joe gonna have time to do the things he wants?

Stafford is going to throw a pick 6!

Also, I just feel like Burrow, Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Mixon, Hendrickson, Hubbard, Hilton, Bates, Reader, Bell, etc. will find a way to win. I know that each and every player on this team won't stop giving it their all, despite the game situation or how bleak it looks.

What more can you ask for?
Reply/Quote
Does predicting a Rams victory make me a bad fan? :/
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 02:09 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Does predicting a Rams victory make me a bad fan? :/

Not as long as you’re rooting for the good guys and hoping your prediction is wrong!
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 02:09 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Does predicting a Rams victory make me a bad fan? :/

It might disturb the football gods, ruin the vibe, and result in a warranted temporary ban from The Bengals Board*

*I have no power or influence over bans, I'm just kidding around.
Reply/Quote
Bengals win, and for the 4th game running I am shouted at by my wife to keep the noise down that late at night (it was twice during the Chiefs game when Mahommes dropped the ball..)

WHODEY from the UK!   Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 02:16 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Not as long as you’re rooting for the good guys and hoping your prediction is wrong!

Oh I am completely desperate for a win on Sunday.  Make no mistake about that.  And it's not that I am entirely without hope.  I'm just getting caught up in the boogeyman that is the Rams defensive line and I can't shake it.  Literal Vietnam flashbacks to the Titans game.  

But it's not just that.  A lot of things have gone our way the last three games and I'm kinda bracing for the other shoe to finally drop.  The offense has been pretty dormant.  All three wins came off of critical turnovers.  They had to come back from an 18-point deficit against the Chiefs.  It's just... you can't bank on any of these things in the Super Bowl.  I know the Bucs stormed back against the Rams, but their offensive line is decidedly better than ours. Despite doing it twice against the Chiefs, I am very confident that if we're down by 17 points against this Rams team we aren't pulling it off.

They need to play a complete, near-perfect game where both units show up. So far in the post-season I've not seen it all come together.  

Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 02:47 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I know the Bucs stormed back against the Rams

Late in the game, the Rams fumbled at the TB 25 yard line and the TB 35 yard line. That's why the Bucs stormed back. The Rams dominated that game save for those critical fumbles. All together, the Rams had 4 fumbles and lost all four. Can't count on that in the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have been holding some offense back. It will be their best rushing game since the first Raiders game. It will be Matthew Stafford struggling with Mike Hilton and Logan Wilson with both getting interceptions. The Bengals will play their best game of the season. Taylor won’t hold back here. The Rams struggle with giving up big plays in the passing game. The receivers won’t have a great day overall but there will be some big plays. Cincy 31-17
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 02:47 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Oh I am completely desperate for a win on Sunday.  Make no mistake about that.  And it's not that I am entirely without hope.  I'm just getting caught up in the boogeyman that is the Rams defensive line and I can't shake it.  Literal Vietnam flashbacks to the Titans game.  

But it's not just that.  A lot of things have gone our way the last three games and I'm kinda bracing for the other shoe to finally drop.  The offense has been pretty dormant.  All three wins came off of critical turnovers.  They had to come back from an 18-point deficit against the Chiefs.  It's just... you can't bank on any of these things in the Super Bowl.  I know the Bucs stormed back against the Rams, but their offensive line is decidedly better than ours.  Despite doing it twice against the Chiefs, I am very confident that if we're down by 17 points against this Rams team we aren't pulling it off.  

They need to play a complete, near-perfect game where both units show up.  So far in the post-season I've not seen it all come together.  

Actually I am predicting the Rams go up 17-0 early and we come back and win. Just the way Joe Brrrr plays. Takes a bit for 
Burrow to figure out the Defense and then we pounce. The Defense might struggle a little early too and then put their foot 
down like they did to Mahomes and the Chiefs Offense.

I said it before, I am not betting against our guys even if we are down big. We just cannot be down too much without much
time. As long as it is still early when the Rams are up we can always come back as we have seen.

Also have a feeling we have been holding some things back on Offense as this is the main part of our team I have been 
disappointed with in the Playoffs. Hope the Offense finally explodes and we score a bunch of TD's.
Reply/Quote