Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Bowl Uniform
(02-02-2022, 01:37 PM)grampahol Wrote: Wow.. You'd think they would at least iron his clothes. I hope they're at least washed before the game..  and they could have at minimum used a wooden hanger instead of the cheapo plastic that looks like they went out and bought the jersey at Walmart at the last minute.  Hilarious

I heard on the radio that it's a joke.  They are mimicking the way the uniforms were leaked on Ebay earlier this year.  Kind of like the way they embraced the squeaky cart.
Reply/Quote
Pretty sure there's plenty of empty suit jokes out there..  Oh well.. Let em have their fun.  We'll have the last laugh when the refs are all on our side for a change..  Who Dey
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 02:48 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: I heard on the radio that it's a joke.  They are mimicking the way the uniforms were leaked on Ebay earlier this year.  Kind of like the way they embraced the squeaky cart.

I think it's funny either way.. At least they didn't just toss the uniform on the ground in the dirt. Lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 01:36 PM)wcu Wrote: Was hoping for all black, but thanks for posting!

Yea I was as well and if not that orange with black but idk if they could have worn orange because I think the rule of wearing alternates 3 times a year is still in place. Glad they went with the orange on pants and orange socks though I like that combo better with the black tops. Saw a picture of T Higgins getting Super Bowl photos taken and that's what he's wearing so they're definitely going with the combo they're hinting at here. 

I went and watched some all 22 footage and they better do something about RG because Adeniji and Carman were just unbelievably awful. Prince is no prize but playing next to those 2 certainly makes him look worse. Those 2 are really that bad, so bad that I can't believe they were actually able to win games with them on the field let alone 3 playoff games. The good thing about it is with them seeing Donald in the Super Bowl (still feels crazy to type or say that) it's gonna be no different because they already get beat consistently like they're facing a guy with Donald or prime Geno like ability so it can't get much worse.
Reply/Quote
Classic colors. Burrow is going to bring respect to the original Bengals color combination.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Let's ***** do it.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 02:42 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: They could have dressed up a mannequin, I guess. It's not like they don't have any of those in the pro shop.  But this is a big 'meh' in the scheme of things.  

Just a lot of Chiefs/Titans/Raiders/Browns fans being dicks.  

It looks like something they just grabbed from the pro shop and took a picture of to me that's probably why there's all the wrinkles. Maybe the pants are a spare pair from the locker room because I don't think I've ever seen them for sale in the pro shop or anywhere really but I doubt that's the real uniform Burrow is gonna wear. I never played in the NFL but everywhere I played noone liked their uniform getting messed with by other people we all had certain things we liked and disliked from a look and comfort standpoint and in the NFL it's probably even more common since they all get specific cuts. If you remember the old uniforms some guys would have the white side panels that would come all the way up to the nameplate because they had them cut specific for them. It would be harder to tell now with the white panels gone but I'm sure plenty of them have theirs cut and stitched individually if they want. With all the fashion bs they bring in now a days before the game post game there's no doubt plenty of em are making sure they're uniform looks like they want along with feeling the way they want it to.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 02:48 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: I heard on the radio that it's a joke.  They are mimicking the way the uniforms were leaked on Ebay earlier this year.  Kind of like the way they embraced the squeaky cart.

Makes sense, their online game stepped up big time this year. I'm not a social media guy but I love it. The tweet to KC after they tweeted "we won the toss!" that said "we won the game!" was great. If I'm not mistaken didn't  the guy they brought in to run the online stuff come from the same position with KC last year? If so I bet that felt great to hit the send button after typing that. Made it even more funny to me when I saw it.
Reply/Quote
They should've brought Chad in to model it like they did with the reveal before the season.
Reply/Quote
here is what the Rams are wearing

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 08:34 PM)pally Wrote: here is what the Rams are wearing

They should have never redesigned them.  The old uniforms (pre/post-St. Louis) were classics, but these are hideous.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 02:45 PM)pally Wrote: this is reminiscent of the uniform worn in the 1982 Super Bowl
Math tells me that is 40 years, well duh...but I wasn't very good in English.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 08:34 PM)pally Wrote: here is what the Rams are wearing

Thank you for presenting that. I love our black jerseys. I really don't like the Rams yellow pants.

For those superstitious (Not me. As Michael says in The Office, I am just a little stitious) here are the records in the respective uniforms:

"The Rams have gone just 1-2 in their white, modern throwback uniforms this season. That's a far cry from the 7-1 record they posted wearing bone gray and the 7-2 record, including the playoffs, they had in their royal blue jerseys.

"The Bengals have not been good when wearing their black jerseys in 2021. They have a record of just 2-4, while they have a 7-3 record in white jerseys and a 3-0 record in orange jerseys.

"Again, the Bengals don't seem fazed by this. They won the most recent game they played in the black uniform against the Raiders, so that may have given them confidence that those jerseys aren't cursed."

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/super-bowl-uniforms-jerseys-rams-bengals/bbbutut8n9kl13lwyyhlrclp0#:~:text=The%20Rams%20have%20officially%20announced,combination%20in%20the%20big%20game.
Reply/Quote
Like the combination for the Bengals

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Love the presentation. Our online presence has been such a massive improvement this year.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

^This.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
The Bengals helmet I like.
But ultimately, this is the ugliest uniforms match up in super bowl history.
Lol yet still better than commanders
Reply/Quote
I like it.

Love the all blacks and the all whites the best but this is a good change up that might look look against the Rams unis.
Reply/Quote
Apparently, there are some who are saying the black uniforms are a big mistake for the Super Bowl. Since 2005 the team with white jerseys has won the Super Bowl 14 out of 17 times. Time to break another record.

https://www.aol.com/sports/nfl-betting-rams-wear-white-175310870.html
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 05:49 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Apparently, there are some who are saying the black uniforms are a big mistake for the Super Bowl. Since 2005 the team with white jerseys has won the Super Bowl 14 out of 17 times. Time to break another record.

https://www.aol.com/sports/nfl-betting-rams-wear-white-175310870.html

I saw this. I also think it may be hard to spot the black jerseys in the black endzone...
Reply/Quote