Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Bowl: Who Ya Got or Do you Care?
When my beloved Bengals are eliminated from playoff contention which has happened quite a bit in my lifetime, I usually root against the Steelers, Ravens and this year Browns.

As much as it stings my A$$ the Ravens look unstoppable.
I’m thinking Ravens vs 49ers/Cowboys which is probably a Super Bowl that I won’t watch.

What are your thoughts Who Dey nation?
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
I'm rooting for the Lions. Lions vs Bills in the Super Bowl?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Honestly don't care much once the Bengals are out of it, but I am going to go Lions vs Browns just because that seems like the funniest outcome. I really don't want the KC Commercial Swifties or the Cowboys to make it, both would be absolutely extra intolerable afterwards. F the Steelers for all time, and I would really prefer the Ravens to not make it either.

Lions vs Bucs/Saints in the NFCC
Browns vs Colts in the AFCC

I choose chaos.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'll watch it but don't care since the Bengals won't be playing.
Reply/Quote
Houston still in it? Rooting for them. Was Miami but they seem inconsistent as shit. Still think the NFL has a hard on to see Mahomes vs Lamar AFCC and SF/Dallas NFCC game. Guess I can pull for Buff. Not really into it much now.
Reply/Quote
Don't care, now that the Bengals are out of it. My focus has now shifted to the draft and the start of Reds baseball in 2024.
Reply/Quote
Get it over with. Detroit vs. Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 03:11 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Don't care, now that the Bengals are out of it. My focus has now shifted to the draft and the start of Reds baseball in 2024.

Ugh, please don't remind me.

Why aren't there any filthy rich Cincinnatians who want to buy a baseball team and actually run it competently?

Reply/Quote
I asked similar in the GDT. Looking at the playoff picture, I did not realize I disliked so many teams. Like many others, I'll roll with Detroit.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
I am more interested in rooting against teams. Obviously don’t want anyone in division to get in. Also I guess the Lions are the best choice in the NFC but there are a lot of teams I really don’t like in the postseason.

But let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Still one more important week of football to be played.
Remember for week 18 we are all rooting for the Bills and the Jaguars to win.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 03:28 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I am more interested in rooting against teams. Obviously don’t want anyone in division to get in. Also I guess the Lions are the best choice in the NFC but there are a lot of teams I really don’t like in the postseason.

But let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Still one more important week of football to be played.
Remember for week 18 we are all rooting for the Bills and the Jaguars to win.

Why?
Reply/Quote
I don’t care as long as it’s not the Browns, Ravens, or Cowboys.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 03:42 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Why?

From what I read if Jags and Bills win the Steelers miss the playoffs even if they beat Baltimores back ups.
Reply/Quote
I'm going to root for the Browns to win it all. They are also from Ohio and I think they would like to have a Super Bowl victory on their resume. My second choice is the Lions since I lived in Detroit for a while. No Ravens please or KC.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
We've had a connection with the Bill's fanbase (Dalton fund/ Heart attack) and Detriot's fanbase has suffered more than us. So gimme those 2
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
The Ravens are the favorite to win, but it'll be interesting to see if they continue to choke in the playoffs.

I think Joe Flacco could become playoff Joe again and bring the Browns their first Super Bowl appearance, which would be such an interesting story to follow in the off season.

The Dolphins are choke artists, the Chiefs are struggling on offense, the Bills are a Dr. Jekyll Mr Hyde team, and the AFC South teams are...mid.

I think the 49ers have a fairly straightforward path to the Super Bowl with the Eagles struggling, the Cowboys being the Cowboys and Detroit just feeling like a bad luck team. The Rams are a wild card, as they're white hot right now. Tampa and Green Bay are too inconsistent to realistically make it.

If I had to guess, I'd say the Super Bowl will be the 49ers vs either the Ravens or the Browns, and I fear the AFC team has the edge in those match ups, as Brock Purdy has absolutely SUCKED against the AFC North this year.
Reply/Quote
Can’t root for the Browns - they are in AFCN.
Also, that would leave only one team in the division without a SB win…
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 03:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We've had a connection with the Bill's fanbase (Dalton fund/ Heart attack) and Detriot's fanbase has suffered more than us. So gimme those 2

Probably would cheer for the Bills if not for their whole choosing to fly home that night but not forfeiting, and then not vocally supporting us when it came time for sudden rules changes and home field advantages and coin flips. Soured me on the connection. Also just not a Josh Allen fan, even before that.

Reply/Quote
Don't really care but the Lions have a good story. Root against others mostly.
Reply/Quote
Would love to see Bills-Lions but it ain’t happening
Reply/Quote