Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Tuesday
Tomorrow is the big day. Usually the make or break time for candidates, but that may not be the case this year.

I will head to the polls after work, figured we could have a thread for all of the news as it rolls in.
I hope Rubio can pull some upsets and keep it close enough. I really am starting to hold it against Kasich and Carson for their selfishness and refusal to get the hell out.
(02-29-2016, 09:04 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I hope Rubio can pull some upsets and keep it close enough. I really am starting to hold it against Kasich and Carson for their selfishness and refusal to get the hell out.

Rubio won't win any states, but he should have a lot of 2nd place showings. The issue will be Cruz could win Texas and use that as a reason why he won't drop out.

Kasich already said he's waiting for Ohio.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-29-2016, 09:23 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Rubio won't win any states, but he should have a lot of 2nd place showings. The issue will be Cruz could win Texas and use that as a reason why he won't drop out.

Kasich already said he's waiting for Ohio.

Kasich isn't too big of a factor. Unless Rubio and Cruz like the idea of sending trump into the general election, one of them has to bow out. I'm pretty shocked neither of them has backed down yet.
(02-29-2016, 11:22 PM)Benton Wrote: Kasich isn't too big of a factor. Unless Rubio and Cruz like the idea of sending trump into the general election, one of them has to bow out. I'm pretty shocked neither of them has backed down yet.

Figure a lot of Kasich support goes to Rubio. And he'll see a solid jump like he did when Jeb left. Kasich is around 8% if Rubio gets most of that, that'd put him right on the Donald's heels and ahead of Cruz. 
(03-01-2016, 02:24 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Figure a lot of Kasich support goes to Rubio. And he'll see a solid jump like he did when Jeb left. Kasich is around 8% if Rubio gets most of that, that'd put him right on the Donald's heels and ahead of Cruz. 

This may be true, but everytime somebody has dropped out, some of their supporters have gone to Trump as well. Trump got a nice boost from former Jeb supporters just like Rubio.
Jesus it really is going to be Hillary and Trump. I believed Hillary, but I never thought Trump. My daughter's first chance to vote in a Presidential election, and this is it?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(03-01-2016, 10:02 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Jesus it really is going to be Hillary and Trump.  I believed Hillary, but I never thought Trump.  My daughter's first chance to vote in a Presidential election, and this is it?

My daughter too.  But she's INCREDIBLY liberal...so it doesn't matter what happens with the GOP side.

And no, I did not try and make her that way.  I tired for years to get he to always look at multiple sides of an issue and research it.  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-01-2016, 10:02 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Jesus it really is going to be Hillary and Trump.  I believed Hillary, but I never thought Trump.  My daughter's first chance to vote in a Presidential election, and this is it?

LOL

Tuesday isn't over. Maybe she'll get to vote for Rubio vs Bernie. Debates would be great. It would be pretty fun to watch Bernie yell incoherently and Rubio say the same canned answer over and over. It would be like a Thanksgiving dinner, where your one weird old relative shouts constantly and the one smug teenager just repeats the same thing he heard in an introductory college class.
(02-29-2016, 09:04 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I hope Rubio can pull some upsets and keep it close enough. I really am starting to hold it against Kasich and Carson for their selfishness and refusal to get the hell out.

It's getting ridiculous. Carson is an absolute joke for still being in this thing. I actually like Kasich and think hes the most level headed out of all the candidates, but he has no chance of winning. 

Cruz needs to win Alabama and Texas. Both must wins. I am hoping either Rubio or Cruz stand a chance tonight and one of them stays in it while the other bows out.

Trump will lose if its him against one of those two. The longer all of these guys stay in it the better chance Trump has at winning.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
(03-01-2016, 12:38 PM)Benton Wrote: LOL

Tuesday isn't over. Maybe she'll get to vote for Rubio vs Bernie. Debates would be great. It would be pretty fun to watch Bernie yell incoherently and Rubio say the same canned answer over and over. It would be like a Thanksgiving dinner, where your one weird old relative shouts constantly and the one smug teenager just repeats the same thing he heard in an introductory college class.

So pretty much like how every debate has gone so far? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
A friend said there were about 8 GOP candidates on the Virginia ballot who have already dropped out.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(03-01-2016, 02:14 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: A friend said there were about 8 GOP candidates on the Virginia ballot who have already dropped out.

That's because these ballots were printed about a month ago. In order to have the ballots in time for absentee voting and all of that they get printed a good ways in advance.

Same. I like Kasich the best, but he's got no shot. 

A Trump vs Hilldog election would be so depressing. I'd lose all hope for humanity. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(03-01-2016, 02:23 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Same. I like Kasich the best, but he's got no shot. 

A Trump vs Hilldog election would be so depressing. I'd lose all hope for humanity. 

I asked the German embassy on Twitter if they would accept US citizens as refugees if that were the case. No response as of yet.
(03-01-2016, 02:25 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I asked the German embassy on Twitter if they would accept US citizens as refugees if that were the case. No response as of yet.

That's amazing  Hilarious

I'm all for moving. Germany seems pretty awesome haha
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(03-01-2016, 02:25 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I asked the German embassy on Twitter if they would accept US citizens as refugees if that were the case. No response as of yet.

Is Germany really doing any better politically right now? 

Hmm, well my first chance was Gore v. Bush, my mom's first chance to vote for McGovern or Nixon, and my old man was already drafted and out of Nam before this country saw it fit to deem him old enough to take part in the democratic process that sent him to Nam.

Oof.
(03-01-2016, 03:21 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Is Germany really doing any better politically right now? 

Reports of a rise in power for the AfD are grossly exaggerated. The coalition Merkel is a part of will continue to hold just as much sway as it has in the past, but next year the elections may result in someone else being Chancellor.

Recent polling results: http://imgur.com/a/nJY27 They are concerned, which is understandable, but nothing like what many people think.
(03-01-2016, 12:48 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote:  I actually like Kasich and think hes the most level headed out of all the candidates, but he has no chance of winning. 

Plus he has been a successful Governor for a massive swing state.

I originally predicted Kasich would win the nomination.