Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Superbowl time. Rams VS 49ers game thread.
The two problems that I see with the 49ers matchup is that it would be a 49ers crowd (they dominated tonight in a supposedly Ram's home game) and they have this stellar defense (6th against the pass vs. 17 for the Rams, and also near top in pts/game).

I think we will have a Bengals crowd, to be honest. And we can score on the Rams.

I like the matchup to be honest. Can't stop Kupp, but no one can. But I'm not so sure the Rams have faced a challenge like our 3 WRs.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:10 AM)grampahol Wrote: C'mon folks.. Jimmy ALMOST beat them.. Think about that for a minute.. He took a 10 point lead into the 4th quarter.. Jimmy G for Christ sake!    
LA is like the 77 Yankees against the 77 Reds.. 

To be fair, Jimmy's offensive line is better.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:13 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s the Super Bowl. Ofc it’s going to be a challenge. But keep doubting them. We weren’t even supposed to get past Maxx Crosby and the Raiders according to some of you.

I thought the raiders was the best matchup we could have drawn in the wildcard. I thought we had a chance against the titans. I didn’t think we’d get sacked that many times. I felt like we had a decent chance this week too with how we played the chiefs in the regular season.

We’ve got a chance against the rams, but it’s really hard to ignore the huge matchup advantage they have. I thought at the start of the playoffs the rams were the one team I didn’t like the idea of playing though because of how they matchup against us. Hope to see us overcome and take the championship—we’ll see.

I was hoping for the packers or 9ers to be honest. I think we matchup better against those teams.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:08 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Yeah but other than that special super bowl season he just hasn’t been clutch. A lot of it had to do with his defense letting him down and the team learning how to lose in the playoffs. Rodgers is ridiculously talented, but he’s nothing compared to Brady in terms of clutchness in the playoffs. He’s clutch in the regular season, but lacks that mind over matter in the post-season.

By comparison, stafford found a way against a tough 9ers team. Rodgers got shut down. Stafford has been a clutch qb with the lions—albeit on a terrible team. He’s been really good this post season too. I do like our defense against him though. We’ve been balling.

I just have a hard time seeing us muster many points on offense with the rams dline in the backfield every play. It’s hard to ignore this matchup nightmare.

I got what you're saying, I just mean "we'll easily make it next year", no I don't subscribe to that. We've gotta be good and lucky to get here. 

Even Peyton Manning was carried to a 2nd bowl. He was also regular season star like aaron. Yeah, I wish we had a better line but we're in the superbowl with what we have, we have to win.

I preferred the niners too, but I think Bengals chance of beating Rams or Niners is greater than Chiefs. And we saw what happened.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 10:15 PM)Housh Wrote: I dont wanna see Ramsey in a superbowl period

Housh

We dont wanna see Donald or Ramsey. Period.

Dude...you've been doing this for the last 2 weeks.

WTF are you worried about? Playoffs and SB you're going to get the best of the best. Embrace it, you have Joeshiestybfranchise on your side. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
It became very apparent, the RAMS defense WON their game too.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:18 AM)Nepa Wrote: The two problems that I see with the 49ers matchup is that it would be a 49ers crowd (they dominated tonight in a supposedly Ram's home game) and they have this stellar defense (6th against the pass vs. 17 for the Rams, and also near top in pts/game).

I like the matchup to be honest. Can't stop Kupp, but no one can. But I'm not so sure the Rams have faced a challenge like our 3 WRs.

They haven’t. The closest would have been Tampa but they were missing Godwin and Brown.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:20 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Housh

We dont wanna see Donald or Ramsey. Period.

Dude...you've been doing this for the last 2 weeks.

WTF are you worried about? Playoffs and SB you're going to get the best of the best. Embrace it, you have Joeshiestybfranchise on your side. 

I bet Whit doesn’t want to see Hendrickson…

Reply/Quote
We don't wanna see so and so, etc. If they know better, they don't wanna see Joe on the other side, do they? They don't know who they're ***** with lol.

It's not a 1 sided deal, there's a reason the bengals are sitting in the super bowl.

The trash talk is exceptoinal from friends, I'ma sore winner, it's true. They're a loser, whatever adjective goes along with that, so be it. We haven't been here in a **** long time. They don't know what that's like.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:19 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I got what you're saying, I just mean "we'll easily make it next year", no I don't subscribe to that. We've gotta be good and lucky to get here. 

Even Peyton Manning was carried to a 2nd bowl. He was also regular season star like aaron. Yeah, I wish we had a better line but we're in the superbowl with what we have, we have to win.

I preferred the niners too, but I think Bengals chance of beating Rams or Niners is greater than Chiefs. And we saw what happened.

Yeah Rodgers just hasn’t been elite like Brady and won with lesser teams. Everything around him had to be perfect like manning.

I didn’t fear the chiefs defense and they actually played us tough.

I just assume with our cap space they’ll find a way to improve the oline and we shouldn’t lose anyone this offseason so we should make it back and our team will be better with another year of experience for the young core.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:23 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: We don't wanna see so and so, etc. If they know better, they don't wanna see Joe on the other side, do they? They don't know who they're ***** with lol.

It's not a 1 sided deal, there's a reason the bengals are sitting in the super bowl.

The trash talk is exceptoinal from friends, I'ma sore winner, it's true. They're a loser, whatever adjective goes along with that, so be it. We haven't been here in a **** long time. They don't know what that's like.

Right? I just don't get why people are so afraid to see player X. What the hell does this team have to do to get people to believe it doesn't matter where they go or who they play?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Rams open at 3.5 point favorite
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:31 AM)sloSTI Wrote: Rams open at 3.5 point favorite

Surprisingly close
Reply/Quote
Baby Hawk on NFL Network talking about the matchup. I had no idea he was on any of these shows.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:40 AM)Billy_Bengal Wrote: Surprisingly close

I was surprised, I was thinking closer to 7
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:25 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Right? I just don't get why people are so afraid to see player X. What the hell does this team have to do to get people to believe it doesn't matter where they go or who they play?

I’m not scared. I’m just thinking logically that hey, our weakest link is right guard. Hmm, the best defensive tackle in the league (and perhaps dlineman overall) is lining up against our right guard. If we double him, Vonn goes one on one. Not to mention the line overall is great outside of the top level rushers.

It’s a huge problem to address. I guarantee the coaches are thinking about it. Hopefully they can make it work but it would be a much easier conversation if they picked up a legit guard in free agency instead of spending money on waynes.

Regardless, we’ve got a chance. We’re in the game and that’s huge. I honestly think that we’ll be back year after year with this young roster and the cap space with burrow’s rookie contract. I think our roster will be better next year and our odds of winning it all will go up. Right now I’d give the rams the slight edge to win because they are such a complete team and match up well against our oline. I think we can fix that in the offseason by signing a vet—and we should have done it already.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 11:30 PM)grampahol Wrote: Reds have won the WS several times in our lifetimes. I'm 62 and remember at least 3.. 

Absolutely...just want another championship before my clock runs out. I feel damned lucky to have attended 3 WS ('72, '75 & '76). A Super Bowl win, whether in attendance or not, would put a bounce in my step!
Reply/Quote
Just realized it's the battle of the #4 seeds for the SB
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 02:10 AM)sloSTI Wrote: Just realized it's the battle of the #4 seeds for the SB

The way some of our fans are acting the Rams are an undefeated #1 seed…

We. Can. Beat. Them.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 02:18 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The way some of our fans are acting the Rams are an undefeated #1 seed…

We. Can. Beat. Them.

Noone online is giving the Bengals any chance, saying it's going to be a blowout, I actually feel better about this game than I did the last 2
Reply/Quote