Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Superbowl time. Rams VS 49ers game thread.
The diff between us is sean mcvay is taking stafford to a superbowl and burrow took zac to the bowl lol. I actually didn't follow goff's team much but it wasn't that long ago was it?
Reply/Quote
I'm really hoping Hendrickson beats Witt like a drum. I know a lot of people love Witt, but he left and signed elsewhere.. Screw the old bastard.. lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Congrats to the Rams should be a colorful game.

Stats that don't really matter but posting anyways:
All time results: Bengals lead Rams 8-6
Stafford has never beaten the Bengals.

Did everyone order their AFC Champions gear?

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 11:51 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I'm not sure what any of that has to do with what I said.  I was pointing out all the shit years he had in Detroit and how I was happy he's had some success.  

It has a lot to do with what you said. Mcvay took Goff to a Superbowl recently right? Stafford isn't as good as it seems then. Hopefully he doesn't win it. Stafford had megatron!

I'm not saying Stafford is junk I'm saying he's not as good as people say, it's hidden with mcVay as coach.
Reply/Quote
Honestly it just feels like it’s the rams time to get their super bowl. That’s what I thought at the start of the year. They’ve got a lot of great veterans that haven’t gotten a ring. Mcvay is due a ring. They sold out their future to get the ring. They’re an experienced veteran team with high level talent. If they don’t win this year they never will. I just can’t imagine them not getting a ring. The bengals can easily get one next year. The rams don’t have a weakness. We have a pretty glaring one that has to go up against the rams biggest strength.

I want to believe but I’m highly doubtful, and could even see a blowout as a possibility with how we match up against that dline. Obviously don’t want to see that but we’ll see what happens. Hope to see a well fought game and at least a feeling like we’ll be able to return next year.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 11:57 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Congrats to the Rams should be a colorful game.

Stats that don't really matter but posting anyways:
All time results: Bengals lead Rams 8-6
Stafford has never beaten the Bengals.

Did everyone order their AFC Champions gear?

I've given the pro shop an insane amount the last couple months, I'll save for the superbowl gear lol.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 11:59 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Honestly it just feels like it’s the rams time to get their super bowl. That’s what I thought at the start of the year. They’ve got a lot of great veterans that haven’t gotten a ring. Mcvay is due a ring. They sold out their future to get the ring. They’re an experienced veteran team with high level talent. If they don’t win this year they never will. I just can’t imagine them not getting a ring. The bengals can easily get one next year. The rams don’t have a weakness. We have a pretty glaring one that has to go up against the rams biggest strength.

I want to believe but I’m highly doubtful, and could even see a blowout as a possibility with how we match up against that dline. Obviously don’t want to see that but we’ll see what happens. Hope to see a well fought game and at least a feeling like we’ll be able to return next year.

Tell Aaron Rodgers how easy it is to make the superbowl, and win it.

He has 1 appearance, 1 ring. Best arm the league ever saw.

Rams barely scraped by the 49ers there, led by amateur Jimmy G.
Reply/Quote
JoeyB would've taken Detroit to at least a playoff game had they drafted him.. Stafford? Not so much.. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 11:57 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: It has a lot to do with what you said. Mcvay took Goff to a Superbowl recently right? Stafford isn't as good as it seems then. Hopefully he doesn't win it. Stafford had megatron!

I'm not saying Stafford is junk I'm saying he's not as good as people say, it's hidden with mcVay as coach.

No, it doesn't.  Read it again:

Quote:Happy for Stafford.  He had to eat a lot of crap up in Detroit.  Just hope he's his inconsistent self in two weeks.

I wasn't saying Stafford is good or comparing him to Goff, I just freaking congratulated him after all the disappointment and shit he took while the Detroit QB.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 11:59 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Honestly it just feels like it’s the rams time to get their super bowl. That’s what I thought at the start of the year. They’ve got a lot of great veterans that haven’t gotten a ring. Mcvay is due a ring. They sold out their future to get the ring. They’re an experienced veteran team with high level talent. If they don’t win this year they never will. I just can’t imagine them not getting a ring. The bengals can easily get one next year. The rams don’t have a weakness. We have a pretty glaring one that has to go up against the rams biggest strength.

Them's fightin words there pilgrim.. 

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 11:51 PM)Emphasis Wrote: I was more concerned with going against Mahomes as QB opposition, no disrespect to Stafford. He's a really good QB but I feel he's more susceptible to picks.

Their defense is solid but we have the personal to go toe to toe with them regardless.

He is. Had 17 of them this season. Hendrickson needs to beat old man Whit like rented mule and pressure Stafford into some bad throws. The one the SF DB dropped tonight was just dreadful.

(01-30-2022, 11:59 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Honestly it just feels like it’s the rams time to get their super bowl. That’s what I thought at the start of the year. They’ve got a lot of great veterans that haven’t gotten a ring. Mcvay is due a ring. They sold out their future to get the ring. They’re an experienced veteran team with high level talent. If they don’t win this year they never will. I just can’t imagine them not getting a ring. The bengals can easily get one next year. The rams don’t have a weakness. We have a pretty glaring one that has to go up against the rams biggest strength.

GTFOH with this shit.

Reply/Quote
People said the Bills #1 Defense couldn't stop the Chiefs, we stood no chance. My response to that was "Allen ain't Joe Brrr". Our defense played really well, who would pick off Mahomes twice? He entered the game 28-1 in TD-INT ratio, I think he was 30-1 or 31-1 during the game.

I do think how our overall team plays has some affect from Burrow, but Fred will never agree with me there lol.

Maybe Allen is more talented, but Burrow is showing things Brady had. He's able to motivate and coagulate the team. Having the best arm "ain't good enough".
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:04 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: People said the Bills #1 Defense couldn't stop the Chiefs, we stood no chance. My response to that was "Allen ain't Joe Brrr". Our defense played really well, who would pick off Mahomes twice? He entered the game 28-1 in TD-INT ratio, I think he was 30-1 or 31-1 during the game.

I do think how our overall team plays has some affect from Burrow, but Fred will never agree with me there lol.

Maybe Allen is more talented, but Burrow is showing things Brady had. He's able to motivate and coagulate the team. Having the best arm "ain't good enough".

Preach it! 

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:00 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Tell Aaron Rodgers how easy it is to make the superbowl, and win it.

He has 1 appearance, 1 ring. Best arm the league ever saw.

Rams barely scraped by the 49ers there, led by amateur Jimmy G.

Yeah but other than that special super bowl season he just hasn’t been clutch. A lot of it had to do with his defense letting him down and the team learning how to lose in the playoffs. Rodgers is ridiculously talented, but he’s nothing compared to Brady in terms of clutchness in the playoffs. He’s clutch in the regular season, but lacks that mind over matter in the post-season.

By comparison, stafford found a way against a tough 9ers team. Rodgers got shut down. Stafford has been a clutch qb with the lions—albeit on a terrible team. He’s been really good this post season too. I do like our defense against him though. We’ve been balling.

I just have a hard time seeing us muster many points on offense with the rams dline in the backfield every play. It’s hard to ignore this matchup nightmare.
Reply/Quote
Stafford was dumb enough to stay in Detroit as long as he did.. Anyone think Joe would have stuck in Cincinnati for a few contracts if they were sub .500? Not on your life.. 

Reply/Quote
C'mon folks.. Jimmy ALMOST beat them.. Think about that for a minute.. He took a 10 point lead into the 4th quarter.. Jimmy G for Christ sake!    
LA is like the 77 Yankees against the 77 Reds.. 

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:04 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: GTFOH with this shit.

Just being realistic man. Sorry. I don’t know how you can ignore the matchup of Aaron Donald against (fill in the blank) at RG. Not to mention the rest of that dline. Hope to see us find a way to scheme it and make it work. We’ll see what happens.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:11 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Just being realistic man. Sorry. I don’t know how you can ignore the matchup of Aaron Donald against (fill in the blank) at RG. Not to mention the rest of that dline. Hope to see us find a way to scheme it and make it work. We’ll see what happens.

It’s the Super Bowl. Ofc it’s going to be a challenge. But keep doubting them. We weren’t even supposed to get past Maxx Crosby and the Raiders according to some of you.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:11 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Just being realistic man. Sorry. I don’t know how you can ignore the matchup of Aaron Donald against (fill in the blank) at RG. Not to mention the rest of that dline. Hope to see us find a way to scheme it and make it work. We’ll see what happens.

Realistic? In my world we just call that being scared..  Whatever

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:13 AM)grampahol Wrote: Realistic? In my world we just call that being scared..  Whatever

That’s it’s, gramps. And I guarantee #9 ain’t scared. And when you can win a playoff game while being sacked 9x you shouldn’t be.

Reply/Quote