Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Superbowl time. Rams VS 49ers game thread.
(01-30-2022, 11:37 PM)Billy_Bengal Wrote: Shouldn’t be tougher than today

I dunno. I think that the Rams D trends much more towards the Titans than the Chiefs. Donald, Ramsey, Miller, Floyd are no joke. And Kupp/OBJ/Akers/Jefferson are comparable to KC weapons. 

But Burrow is the type of QB that you're never out of it. Like I said above, we will certainly be fielding the better QB. I just think that the Rams were a much tougher draw. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 11:38 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Hope the Bengals find a way to win.
OBJ/Ramsey?  Those pricks don’t deserve to win the SB

Well, they weren't making the SB in Cleveland or Jacksonville.  Side note, didn't we go through all the SBs without a team playing in their home stadium until 2020 and now we're on two years in a row with it happening? 
Reply/Quote
Heck of it is the rams barely squeaked this one out . I kind of feel ok for Stafford having been in the cellar so many years in Detroit, but I think we can beat them anyway. Bengals didn't have to mortgage their future to get there.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Knew that dropped INT would come back to haunt the 49ers

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 11:24 PM)Synric Wrote: Superbowl will be a 3rd road game for the Bengals no matter who wins which sucks.

But the Bengals may have the majority of fans if tonight's game is any indication. Heck, the 49ers fans will probably get tickets to root against the Rams.
Reply/Quote
Gotta imagine Rams start as heavy favorites…7.5?
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 11:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, they weren't making the SB in Cleveland or Jacksonville.  Side note, didn't we go through all the SBs without a team playing in their home stadium until 2020 and now we're on two years in a row with it happening? 

Feels kind of fixed doesn't it?

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 11:42 PM)Billy_Bengal Wrote: Gotta imagine Rams start as heavy favorites…7.5?

Somewhere between 5 and 7 is my guess.
Reply/Quote
Excited to see new teams/QB's in the SB.

I'll be rooting for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 11:41 PM)grampahol Wrote: Heck of it is the rams barely squeaked this one out . I kind of feel ok for Stafford having been in the cellar so many years in Detroit, but I think we can beat them anyway. Bengals didn't have to mortgage their future to get there.. 

True, but lordy those were a lot of not fun games to sit through when we stunk badly enough to get Burrow and Chase.  Mortgage your present, I guess.  I will say Burrow is a godsend, because just stinking enough to take the 1st QB at #1 isn't usually a slam dunk franchise changer like he is.
Reply/Quote
Rams are just some rich guys fantasy.. Bengals are destiny!  Big difference!   Who Dey

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 11:42 PM)grampahol Wrote: Feels kind of fixed doesn't it?

The Bengals and Matt Stafford in a SB?  If that is the fix, then the NFL has been playing the long-game for sure. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 11:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: True, but lordy those were a lot of not fun games to sit through when we stunk badly enough to get Burrow and Chase.  Mortgage your present, I guess.  I will say Burrow is a godsend, because just stinking enough to take the 1st QB at #1 isn't usually a slam dunk franchise changer like he is.

Ehh.. we had years of practice to get used to it. Now we get like 15 minutes to get used to winning in comparison.. lol

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 11:40 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Happy for Stafford.  He had to eat a lot of crap up in Detroit.  Just hope he's his inconsistent self in two weeks.

I don't know, didn't Goff basically take a less talented team to the superbowl? Jared GOFF!

Anyway, Stafford will be shut out of a ring courtesy of the grim reaper, so he can stay in the Goff conversation.

Sean McVay vs. Zac Taylor, lol.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 11:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The Bengals and Matt Stafford in a SB?  If that is the fix, then the NFL has been playing the long-game for sure. 

Wasn't thinking about Stafford so much, but the locations chosen? What are the odds the Bengals ever get to host it? Zero.. Super Bowl should always be in a neutral stadium.. 

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 11:46 PM)grampahol Wrote: Ehh.. we had years of practice to get used to it. Now we get like 15 minutes to get used to winning in comparison.. lol

I'm already expecting to win and then go 17-0 next year.  I've turned the corner from "never win" to "never lose."  I assume this is what it feels like to be in the early stages of drug addiction.
Reply/Quote
I was more concerned with going against Mahomes as QB opposition, no disrespect to Stafford. He's a really good QB but I feel he's more susceptible to picks.

Their defense is solid but we have the personal to go toe to toe with them regardless.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 11:49 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I don't know, didn't Goff basically take a less talented team to the superbowl? Jared GOFF!

Anyway, Stafford will be shut out of a ring courtesy of the grim reaper, so he can stay in the Goff conversation.

Sean McVay vs. Zac Taylor, lol.

I'm not sure what any of that has to do with what I said.  I was pointing out all the shit years he had in Detroit and how I was happy he's had some success.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 11:50 PM)grampahol Wrote: Wasn't thinking about Stafford so much, but the locations chosen? What are the odds the Bengals ever get to host it? Zero.. Super Bowl should always be in a neutral stadium.. 

As far as I've known the SB has, other than a few odd exceptions, been held in a dome or warm-weather stadium.  If the Bengals wanted to host a SB, they've made the wrong choice in stadiums in the past 50+ years.

But the logistics of the SB are way too intricate (and lucrative) to make the decision after all eligible teams are eliminated from contention.
Reply/Quote
What were the odds Witt would be playing the Bengals in the SB? How many people do you think bet money on that the beginning of the season or beginning of the playoffs for that matter?  I wish I had bet just $100 when he signed with LA that they would eventually be in the SB together.. lol

Reply/Quote