Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Support for Trump's travel ban reaches 60%
http://www.dailywire.com/news/18268/epic-media-fail-support-trumps-travel-ban-hits-john-nolte

Quote:Epic Media Fail: Support for Trump's Travel Ban Hits a Whopping 60%

July 5, 2017
If you think about it, our corrupt media has been propagandizing against President Trump's proposed travel ban going back a full year, to when then-candidate Trump first suggested a ban on all Muslims. If you recall, the MSM (especially CNN) went ballistic. Believing this proposal would finally be the undoing of Trump, they fired every "ist" and "phobic" in the arsenal. "THIS is the killshot!" they believed.

Even those of us who supported Trump at the time believe a ban on all Muslims went too far. But as is their wont, in trying to take Trump down forever, the media then went too far itself. For example, Maggie Haberman (remember her?) used the pages of the leftwing New York Times to outright lie about Trump creating some Nazi-style list of American Muslims, something he never even proposed.

As the backlash against the media's overreach began, Trump modified his proposal to "extreme vetting" of refugees. Then, as president, Trump further modified his proposal to a temporary travel ban that affects only the handful of countries the Obama administration designated as terrorist hotbeds, as countries where the crumbling government infrastructure makes it near-impossible to properly vet refugees.

Trump's policy is now absurdly reasonable. ISIS has promised to seed refugees with its terrorist fighters, and it seems as though a week does not go by where we do not see the terrible and deadly consequences of Europe's leftwing immigration policies. All Trump wants to do now is pause this flow of people from these few countries until better vetting policies and procedures can be put into place.

This is more than reasonable; keeping Americans safe is Trump's primary Constitutional responsibility.

Nonetheless, because all the fake news media does is lie, they never let go of The Muslim Ban. Despite Trump's modification of his proposal into something necessary, as far as the media was concerned, Trump was still enacting a racist, Islamophobic, xenophobic, and un-American ban on all Muslims. This, despite the fact that Trump's temporary ban only affects 6 Muslim counties and not the dozens of others.

My point here is that for going on a year now, there has been a coordinated media-jihad against Trump's temporary ban. Dozens of powerful news outlets backed by billions of corporate dollars have thrown every lie, every piece of fake news, every trick in the playbook to propagandize against this ban ... and all of that malicious effort has failed MISERABLY.

Now that Trump's proposal has overcome a number of robed fascists by triumphing in the Supreme Court by a unanimous decision, the ban is not only now in effect, it is highly popular with voters.

According to a Politico poll, a full 60% of American voters back the ban:

Asked whether they support or oppose the State Department’s “new guidelines which say visa applicants from six predominately Muslim countries must prove a close family relationship with a U.S. resident in order to enter the country,” 60 percent of voters say they support the guidelines, and only 28 percent oppose them.

Sixty percent!

A full 56% of Independent voters back the ban, only 30% oppose.

Even 41% of Democrats back Trump, with only 46% against.

This is a stunning failure for the American media. That extraordinary 60% number not only proves that no one believes the media anymore, that the media has lost all of its moral authority, it also proves that New Media, combined with the power of the President's social media strength, is able to go around the media's cacophony of lies to get the actual truth to the American people...

Who are nowhere near as divided as the fake news media would like us to believe.

Follow John Nolte on Twitter @NolteNC. Follow his Facebook page here.
If anyone would care to read the real story without the hard right slant:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/05/trump-travel-ban-poll-voters-240215
What's interesting about this is that it shows how it is all in the way a question is asked. The Politico poll removed the association of Trump from their question, and so support was higher than with other polls. This also highlights the actual importance of the presidential approval rating, because the connection of policies to the POTUS can be helped or hindered depending upon that. It's a lot like asking people about specific healthcare policies without attaching the Obamacare moniker onto them and the results being higher in approvals than without.

This is why we should be focusing on policy and on evidence based policy solutions. Trump is an incompetent buffoon, but he isn't damaging much other than our image around the world as of right now. Focus on the actual actions that are taking place.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-05-2017, 04:48 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: If anyone would care to read the real story without the hard right slant:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/05/trump-travel-ban-poll-voters-240215

Dailywire is not hard right. Politico is however leftist.
(07-05-2017, 04:53 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: What's interesting about this is that it shows how it is all in the way a question is asked. The Politico poll removed the association of Trump from their question, and so support was higher than with other polls. This also highlights the actual importance of the presidential approval rating, because the connection of policies to the POTUS can be helped or hindered depending upon that. It's a lot like asking people about specific healthcare policies without attaching the Obamacare moniker onto them and the results being higher in approvals than without.

This is why we should be focusing on policy and on evidence based policy solutions. Trump is an incompetent buffoon, but he isn't damaging much other than our image around the world as of right now. Focus on the actual actions that are taking place.

This is why I think he will be re-elected. Come 2020 he will have a list of things most Americans will like and all this fighting with the media ensures is that his base will be out strongly which is what usually hurts an incumbent.
Public opinion polls haven't mattered to our government since the 70's. All they care about is who gives them money.

http://scholar.princeton.edu/sites/default/files/mgilens/files/gilens_and_page_2014_-testing_theories_of_american_politics.doc.pdf
(07-05-2017, 06:14 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This is why I think he will be re-elected. Come 2020 he will have a list of things most Americans will like and all this fighting with the media ensures is that his base will be out strongly which is what usually hurts an incumbent.

I don't know, he is going to have a tough time on policy. There is only so much he can do on his own and his popularity is a hindrance with Congress. I don't know how much he will actually get done, especially with his understaffed agencies. The stuff I hear from my State Dept friends (who cover both ends of the political spectrum) is very concerning as far as morale and effectiveness.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-05-2017, 09:30 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I don't know, he is going to have a tough time on policy. There is only so much he can do on his own and his popularity is a hindrance with Congress. I don't know how much he will actually get done, especially with his understaffed agencies. The stuff I hear from my State Dept friends (who cover both ends of the political spectrum) is very concerning as far as morale and effectiveness.

That plays into his base enthusiasm. He will still have the enthusiasm vote. Plus who on the democrat side is even emerging? They have a bunch of duds over there.....
(07-05-2017, 09:30 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I don't know, he is going to have a tough time on policy. There is only so much he can do on his own and his popularity is a hindrance with Congress. I don't know how much he will actually get done, especially with his understaffed agencies. The stuff I hear from my State Dept friends (who cover both ends of the political spectrum) is very concerning as far as morale and effectiveness.

35-38% of people don't care.  They think he's signed 39 laws and reversed illegal immigration and is onthe brink of giving them better healthcare for less money AND a tax cut.

Reality doesn't matter.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-05-2017, 09:42 PM)GMDino Wrote: 35-38% of people don't care.  They think he's signed 39 laws and reversed illegal immigration and is onthe brink of giving them better healthcare for less money AND a tax cut.

Reality doesn't matter.

Illegal Border crossings are down.

Conservative Supreme Court judge.

Sliced up regulations on the environment.

If they repeal Obamacare plus go after regulations on Insurance then he is re-elected.
(07-05-2017, 09:38 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: That plays into his base enthusiasm. He will still have the enthusiasm vote. Plus who on the democrat side is even emerging? They have a bunch of duds over there.....

His base can't carry him again without the perfect storm. The Dems did it to themselves. They may do it again, but Trump's base won't carry him. Especially if he does get his way on policy and it ends up hitting the pockets of his base by Election Day.

(07-05-2017, 09:59 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: His base can't carry him again without the perfect storm. The Dems did it to themselves. They may do it again, but Trump's base won't carry him. Especially if he does get his way on policy and it ends up hitting the pockets of his base by Election Day.

Trumps base + dems have no candidate + blue collar rust belt = MAGA 2020

Dems have really screwed themselves to prop up obama and the clintons. Overall they are just a party with no direction.
(07-05-2017, 10:11 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Trumps base + dems have no candidate + blue collar rust belt = MAGA 2020

Dems have really screwed themselves to prop up obama and the clintons. Overall they are just a party with no direction.

Blue collar rust belt could be lost if they don't see results. They voted for him because he was a different direction, but he isn't fulfilling the populist message. Dems need to return to New Deal roots, but I may be biased on that. Ninja

(07-05-2017, 10:15 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Blue collar rust belt could be lost if they don't see results. They voted for him because he was a different direction, but he isn't fulfilling the populist message. Dems need to return to New Deal roots, but I may be biased on that. Ninja

Gutting the EPA and their ability to regulate helps those voters. Unless the dems are going back to a Jim Webb style candidate then those voters are lost.

Also straight up repeal of Obamacare will help everyone who pays for healthcare. Now if they try and replace with more of the same then they may lose them.
(07-05-2017, 10:25 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Gutting the EPA and their ability to regulate helps those voters. Unless the dems are going back to a Jim Webb style candidate then those voters are lost.

Also straight up repeal of Obamacare will help everyone who pays for healthcare. Now if they try and replace with more of the same then they may lose them.

A big chunk of trump supporters have insurance through Obamacare. If it's repealed (it won't be, at least not any time soon) and they realize they got suckered, he loses the white working poor that's pushed him through.

EPA restrictions won't likely do much to sand off the rust belt. Like carrier getting tax dollars and moving jobs anyway, those jobs are gone. They'll get subsidy dollars to automate what they can, and what can't be automated will be done in Mexico for half the cost. I will give trump one thing, he's claimed to want to end nafta. If he does that, us manufacturing will return. If he doesn't, don't expect to see many blue collar jobs added.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-05-2017, 09:55 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Illegal Border crossings are down.  
Conservative Supreme Court judge.  
Sliced up regulations on the environment.  
If they repeal Obamacare plus go after regulations on Insurance then he is re-elected.

What a list of horrors!

If Obamacare is repealed, count on a wave of anti-Trump backlash.  Even some Trumpsters will reconsider when they realize their health care was converted to tax breaks for the rich.
(07-05-2017, 04:53 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: This is why we should be focusing on policy and on evidence based policy solutions. Trump is an incompetent buffoon, but he isn't damaging much other than our image around the world as of right now. Focus on the actual actions that are taking place.

Got to disagree with you on that one Bels. A vacuum of leadership is developing in three world regions--Europe, the Middle EAst, and the Far East--thanks to Trump's chaotic foreign policy pronouncements and behavior.

I should add that our image is fairly important to diplomacy. The US needs world support to impose sanctions on Russia, Iran, and N Korea. Bad image=no support or support at great cost.
(07-06-2017, 12:25 AM)Dill Wrote: What a list of horrors!

If Obamacare is repealed, count on a wave of anti-Trump backlash.  Even some Trumpsters will reconsider when they realize their health care was converted to tax breaks for the rich.

Meh, I'd be legitimately surprised if Trump supporters who lose their healthcare thanks to Trump would actually put 2 and 2 together.  Let's be honest, we wouldn't have to lose our healthcare to give tax breaks to the wealthy if Obama and his communist pals hadn't made this country so awful that Trump HAD to save the economy.

Obama wrecked this country with his welfare-loving handouts and if a few old Trump supporters have to go without chemo in order to set things right, well heaven loves a martyr. There is no greater love, says the Lord, than to lay down your life for a taxbreak for the wealthy.
(07-06-2017, 08:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, I'd be legitimately surprised if Trump supporters who lose their healthcare thanks to Trump would actually put 2 and 2 together.  Let's be honest, we wouldn't have to lose our healthcare to give tax breaks to the wealthy if Obama and his communist pals hadn't made this country so awful that Trump HAD to save the economy.

Obama wrecked this country with his welfare-loving handouts and if a few old Trump supporters have to go without chemo in order to set things right, well heaven loves a martyr.  There is no greater love, says the Lord, than to lay down your life for a taxbreak for the wealthy.

I am not claiming MOST Trump supporters will put 2 and 2 together, but enough to shave off 5-10 points off his support.

Those who believe Obama wrecked the country while pulling us out of a recession will likely stand by their man.
(07-06-2017, 12:25 AM)Dill Wrote: What a list of horrors!

If Obamacare is a total repealed people like me will stop getting raped for health insurance.

I hope we get full repeal with zero replace. Then just start trimming off regulation on the insurance industry and let freedom work its magic.