Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supposedly we're targeting LB Brandon Marshall
So much for not going after aging stopgap lb's in free agency.

They might as well re-sign Brown.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 02:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's slightly high, but not that bad for Hicks. When I say slightly high, I thought he'd get $8 million a year.

I would have rather given him the contract than Hart and then drafted a RT. Signed Andre Smith as the backup.

I assume Fort gets $5-6 million a year.

The market on LBs went up significantly after Mosely and Alexander signed....same with the tackles.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 03:30 PM)jj22 Wrote: So much for not going after aging stopgap lb's in free agency.

They might as well re-sign Brown.

Brown isn't aging.....I wouldn't mind him back, to be honest.  He played well before his injury in week 2.  He never seemed right after that.  It's also the first time he's missed due to injury (just our luck, eh?).

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 03:41 PM)Wyche Wrote: Brown isn't aging.....I wouldn't mind him back, to be honest.  He played well before his injury in week 2.  He never seemed right after that.  It's also the first time he's missed due to injury (just our luck, eh?).

Absolutely, I'd give him another shot. He didn't have any real chance to show us what he could do last year, and I can't see the price being all that high.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 03:31 PM)Wyche Wrote: The market on LBs went up significantly after Mosely and Alexander signed....same with the tackles.

You know...with salaries escalating...missing on so many draft picks over the past 5-6 years REALLY hurts us bad. Probably more so than it hurt a team 10-15 years ago.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 04:45 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Absolutely, I'd give him another shot. He didn't have any real chance to show us what he could do last year, and I can't see the price being all that high.

I'd be fine with Brown. You don't lead the league in tackling by being slow.

Due to his injuries he just didn't show what he's capable of.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 04:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You know...with salaries escalating...missing on so many draft picks over the past 5-6 years REALLY hurts us bad. Probably more so than it hurt a team 10-15 years ago.

If your philosophy is build through the draft and you have huge misses with top 2 or your top 3 picks over a few years, you are doomed. That is why some of us felt they needed to be more aggressive like they were going after Glenn because missed with Ced and  Fisher.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Won't happen. Brandon Marshall kneels during the anthem.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 03:41 PM)Wyche Wrote: Brown isn't aging.....I wouldn't mind him back, to be honest.  He played well before his injury in week 2.  He never seemed right after that.  It's also the first time he's missed due to injury (just our luck, eh?).

Imagine a starting LB corps of Marshall, Brown, Vigil, and Rookie.  (If they're entertaining thoughts of going 3-4)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
I didn't see his name come up once since this thread was posted. They certainly didn't seem interested.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 10:42 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I didn't see his name come up once since this thread was posted. They certainly didn't seem interested.

Maybe he turned down the standard 3 year, $21 million contract they seemed to be handing out to everyone?  Hilarious
Reply/Quote