Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supreme Court Rules against EPA having regulation of green house emissions
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/supreme-court/supreme-court-curbs-epas-power-limit-greenhouse-gas-emissions-rcna31904

Sounds like a great idea...less government, though!
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
The whole point of the EPA is because Congress is too slow to properly regulate environmental protections. This is a win for corporate power and a loss for the health and safety of the citizens.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Can't wait to see how the usual suspects see the bright side of this.
Reply/Quote
So Boebert and Marjorie Taylor will dictate environmental protections. Fanfunkingtastic.
Reply/Quote
Well, there goes Florida, eh!

And I thought California would be the first state to totally disappear. Ninja
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
And like always, the states happiest about this deal are the poorest and most conservative. Who cares about the health and welfare of citizens or the state of the economy as long as rich donors stay happy and Republicans stay in power.

Like with their disastrous Dodd decision, it will not end here

This SCOTUS will not be happy until we are living like it is 1792 again.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 09:41 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Can't wait to see how the usual suspects see the bright side of this.

Yee Haw!  I think that I'll celebrate this victory by purchasing a diesel dually equipped with a "defeater chip", Let's roll some coal, baby!  Yee Haw!!  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Most polling says their has been a 7 to 12 point shift due to the extreme positions of the supreme court. Supreme court is at an all time low of 19 percent approval. Turned a slam dunk republican victory in the mid terms to a coin flip. NE 1 special election is a marker of this turned a Trump + 16 district into R +5 in what is considered a friendly environment for republicans.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2022, 11:00 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yee Haw!  I think that I'll celebrate this victory by purchasing a diesel dually equipped with a "defeater chip", Let's roll some coal, baby!  Yee Haw!!  Ninja

Hell Yeah! Also gotta Delete the BS DEF system. 

Reply/Quote
You fight and die for this country and I'll pollute it. Teamwork.

Can't wait to die and go to heaven and explain to god why preserving the earth he created for us wasn't profitable. He went apeshit over an Apple, but i think he'll be cool with this.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2022, 11:37 AM)Nately120 Wrote: You fight and die for this country and I'll pollute it. Teamwork.

Can't wait to die and go to heaven and explain to god why preserving the earth he created for us wasn't profitable. He went apeshit over an Apple, but i think he'll be cool with this.

The planet is fine. The people are ******.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7W33HRc1A6c
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2022, 11:37 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Can't wait to die and go to heaven and explain to god why preserving the earth he created for us wasn't profitable. He went apeshit over an Apple, but i think he'll be cool with this.

[Image: 29v114.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-01-2022, 11:48 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: The planet is fine. The people are ******.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7W33HRc1A6c

****** people are ***** the planet. 
Reply/Quote
I think the issue here is regulatory agencies essentially legislating. You see the same issue with the ATF, who literally creates new "laws" out of whole cloth and changes them, literally, on whim. Now, if you want to complain about Congress and it's increasing abdication of its role in government, I'll be right there with you.
Reply/Quote
Clean Air is overrated.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(07-01-2022, 03:57 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Clean Air is overrated.

Between this and covid reactions one may say Americans can't even muster a bipartisan agreement on the value of breathing. 
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2022, 04:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Between this and covid reactions one may say Americans can't even muster a bipartisan agreement on the value of breathing. 

I hear folks in Cleveland are clamoring for the lake to catch back on fire.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2022, 12:32 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I think the issue here is regulatory agencies essentially legislating.  You see the same issue with the ATF, who literally creates new "laws" out of whole cloth and changes them, literally, on whim.  Now, if you want to complain about Congress and it's increasing abdication of its role in government, I'll be right there with you.

Yes. And not only are the regulatory agencies legislating, SCOTUS is getting into the act as well. And all because Congress can't legislate anything anymore.... even when one party leads both the House and Senate as well as the POTUS. Remind me, why did we send those people to Congress anyway?
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2022, 04:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Between this and covid reactions one may say Americans can't even muster a bipartisan agreement on the value of breathing. 

Only if there is a corporation and profit-motive involved.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2022, 05:56 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Yes. And not only are the regulatory agencies legislating, SCOTUS is getting into the act as well. And all because Congress can't legislate anything anymore.... even when one party leads both the House and Senate as well as the POTUS. Remind me, why did we send those people to Congress anyway?

I completely agree.  Congress is increasingly abdicating its responsibility and allowing the legislative and judicial branch to essentially do its job.  I don't blame the filibuster btw, although increasingly high levels of partisanship are certainly to blame.  Where I place the lion's share of the blame is on a complete inability to reach compromises on legislation.  Any concessions to the other side are viewed as intolerable weakness or breaches of orthodoxy.  This is absolutely one area in which "both sides do it" is 100% accurate and appropriate.  Gerrymandering and the increasing decline of purple districts, and states, is also a major factor.  At the end of the day, none of this is going to even start to be solved until both sides realize they'll have to eat some shit to move forward.  Unfortunately, I just don't see that happening anytime soon.
Reply/Quote