Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supreme Court rules Fla's death penalty sentencing unconstitutional
Apparently the judge can impose the death penalty even if the decision is not unanimous.  I didn't know that existed anywhere.  The only thing, in my opinion, a judge should be able to do is throw out a unanimous death sentence.  I don't really know the constitutionality of it all, but that's just what I think.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/01/12/supreme-court-florida-death-penalty-sentence-judge-jury/76466834/
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-12-2016, 01:07 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Apparently the judge can impose the death penalty even if the decision is not unanimous.  I didn't know that existed anywhere.  The only thing, in my opinion, a judge should be able to do is throw out a unanimous death sentence.  I don't really know the constitutionality of it all, but that's just what I think.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/01/12/supreme-court-florida-death-penalty-sentence-judge-jury/76466834/

yea, I like this decision. The judge shouldn't be making the decision. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Yeah this is fair. One person shouldn't be able to put anyone to death.
(01-12-2016, 05:18 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah this is fair.   One person shouldn't be able to put anyone to death.

[Image: Zimmerman-wink-300.png]

ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-12-2016, 06:02 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: Zimmerman-wink-300.png]

ThumbsUp

Hey if you attack someone here and try to do them physical harm.... All bets are off.  

You know parents could raise their kids to not attack people. Trayvon Martin's parents should be blaming themselves for not teaching that lesson a few more times.
(01-12-2016, 06:39 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Hey if you attack someone here and try to do them physical harm.... All bets are off.  

You know parents could raise their kids to not attack people.  Trayvon Martin's parents should be blaming themselves for not teaching that lesson a few more times.

Parents could raise their kids to not pretend to be bad-asses who shoot to kill when they find out they really aren't all that tough too. Gonna play cop? Better be ready to face the "criminal". (Or the kid walking to his dad's house...one of the two.) And be willing to accept your beat down.

[Image: zimmerman-george-stand-your-ground630_0.jpg]
Guys, don't raise your kids to fight back when fat guys with guns attack them. Even though they'll kick the fat guy's ass, he'll shoot them like a ***** *****.

(01-12-2016, 09:17 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Guys, don't raise your kids to fight back when fat guys with guns attack them. Even though they'll kick the fat guy's ass, he'll shoot them like a ***** *****.

Either way when you fight it's a fight not mortal kombat. No need to finish someone when they are asking for mercy.
(01-12-2016, 09:24 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Either way when you fight it's a fight not mortal kombat.   No need to finish someone when they are asking for mercy.

Smoke Wins..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(01-12-2016, 09:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Smoke Wins..

(01-12-2016, 09:24 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Either way when you fight it's a fight not mortal kombat.   No need to finish someone when they are asking for mercy.

So GZ was a little ***** and had to pull a gun.  Got it.

Hope you're packing heat in your walk around the gated community tonight.
So, is this thread about the Supreme Court or more attacking another poster?

I tend to get confused as it seems no freaking thread is ever about the damn topic!
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.

Yeah, right.  If you are beating some guys ass for stalking you and he has a gun just let him get up.

What could possibly happen?
(01-12-2016, 09:33 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote:

Did you seriously just make fun of a kid for being murdered?

(01-13-2016, 09:39 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Did you seriously just make fun of a kid for being murdered?

No, no!

He made fun of a thug who should have known better than fight a good, upstanding citizen with a gun who was stalking him.

Ninja
(01-13-2016, 09:39 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Did you seriously just make fun of a kid for being murdered?

(01-13-2016, 10:29 AM)GMDino Wrote: No, no!

He made fun of a thug who should have known better than fight a good, upstanding citizen with a gun who was stalking him.

Ninja

You guys clearly don't understand what is and is not funny.  He'll be sure to let you know next time.

In general though.  Its funny if its racist or misogynistic.  Not funny if it has to do with anything relating to him (e.g. "christian", mail order brides, gym babysitter)  

Relax uptight. Like I said I know you are too sensitive to appreciate the laugh. Just avoid the posts..... Your disgust is noted and like I said .... I am not worried about it in the slightest.
(01-13-2016, 10:29 AM)GMDino Wrote: No, no!

Ninja

No I made fun of the kid for pretending it was mortal kombat and unfortunately for him....   Smoke didn't win.   Ninja
(01-13-2016, 03:05 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Relax uptight.    Like I said I know you are too sensitive to appreciate the laugh.   Just avoid the posts..... Your disgust is noted and like I said .... I am not worried about it in the slightest.

I'm not sure that "uptight" is the correct word to use to describe someone who finds it tacky to make fun of murdered children. I think people usually just say "that person isn't a sociopath". 

(01-12-2016, 10:26 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: So, is this thread about the Supreme Court or more attacking another poster?

I tend to get confused as it seems no freaking thread is ever about the damn topic!

Tell me about it. It's becoming pointless to try and have a discussion about the thread topic nowadays.