Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surgery on Monday
I am having hip replacement surgery on Monday, assuming I “pass” my Covid test tomorrow. Finally. My hip pain has been getting worse and worse since September. Prayers appreciated.
Reply/Quote
From what I have seen of men I know that have had a hip replacements, they all recovered to lead normal lives. Anyway, hoping the best outcome possible for you.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 08:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: From what I have seen of men I know that have had a hip replacements, they all recovered to lead normal lives.  Anyway, hoping the best outcome possible for you.

Yep. But it is surgery, so there is always some risk.

Thank you.
Reply/Quote
You got this JNC
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
If it goes as planned you will be happy you got it. Everyone I know who had one had been in pain for years and were well pleased with the results. Once you are healed you will be much better off.

Two of them had to have both hips done. Was your problem caused by and old injury or was it just a degenerative condition?
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 06:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If it goes as planned you will be happy you got it.  Everyone I know who had one had been in pain for years and were well pleased with the results.  Once you are healed you will be much better off.

Two of them had to have both hips done.  Was your problem caused by and old injury or was it just a degenerative condition?

Osteoarthritis.  But it probably wasn't helped by the fact I ran track and cross country in high school.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 12:14 PM)Jason_NC Wrote: Osteoarthritis.  But it probably wasn't helped by the fact I ran track and cross country in high school.

Then you will probably end up having both hips replaced.  But these joint replacement surgeries have become very commonplace and are usually very effective.

How old are you?
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 01:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then you will probably end up having both hips replaced.  But these joint replacement surgeries have become very commonplace and are usually very effective.

How old are you?

Yeah, my right hip is down to 1/2 normal cartilage, so it isn't far off.

Reply/Quote
Good luck brother!

I'll pray for you and a quick recovery!
Reply/Quote
Prayers for a quick recovery and living pain free. 

Reply/Quote
Thanks everyone!
Reply/Quote
Out of surgery. Have a little burning at the incision but the nerve block is still preventing the bone pain.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 02:09 PM)Jason_NC Wrote: Out of surgery. Have a little burning at the incision but the nerve block is still preventing the bone pain.

CONGRATS BROTHER!  I just won $403 playing poker, so it's definitely a good day!
Reply/Quote
Glad it went well and hope it's a quick and easy recovery! The woman across the street from me has had three hip replacements on the same hip over the years (I think tech has changed and she's also really active, out skiing and such so I think there are several reasons she has had so many over the years). She's ~50 and had the last one about 2 years ago. She was out walking around the neighborhood within a couple of days of being home, so you can definitely bounce back fairly quickly!
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 02:09 PM)Jason_NC Wrote: Out of surgery. Have a little burning at the incision but the nerve block is still preventing the bone pain.

Fantastic news! I had my left hip replaced in 2017 (age 47) and it was the easiest surgery I’ve ever had. Did your surgeon use the anterior approach?
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2020, 12:03 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Fantastic news!  I had my left hip replaced in 2017 (age 47) and it was the easiest surgery I’ve ever had.  Did your surgeon use the anterior approach?

Yes, he did.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 06:56 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: CONGRATS BROTHER!  I just won $403 playing poker, so it's definitely a good day!

Cool!  Congrats to you as well!
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 09:24 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Glad it went well and hope it's a quick and easy recovery!  The woman across the street from me has had three hip replacements on the same hip over the years (I think tech has changed and she's also really active, out skiing and such so I think there are several reasons she has had so many over the years).  She's ~50 and had the last one about 2 years ago.  She was out walking around the neighborhood within a couple of days of being home, so you can definitely bounce back fairly quickly!

3 at 50?  Wow.

I can walk and do steps already, but getting in and out of bed is the hardest part.  And I'm a side sleeper, which I can't really do for now.
Reply/Quote
Glad it went well, brother.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2020, 10:43 AM)Jason_NC Wrote: Yes, he did.

Awesome. Did he use a Hana Table as well? Mine did and the healing process was super fast.
Reply/Quote