Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suspect confessed he shot officer in the name of Islam, pledged allegiance to IS
http://www.wpxi.com/ap/ap/pennsylvania/philadelphia-police-officer-shot-while-in-police-c/npzjt/

Quote:The Associated Press

PHILADELPHIA — The latest on a Philadelphia police officer shot while sitting in a police cruiser (all times local):

1:15 p.m. Police say the suspect in the shooting of a Philadelphia police officer told investigators that he shot the officer in the name of Islam and pledged allegiance to the Islamic State group. They also say the man, who has addresses in Philadelphia and the suburb of Yeadon, used a stolen police gun in the crime. Police officials say the gun was reported stolen from an officer's home in October 2013 but they don't know how many hands it passed through before being used in the Friday morning shooting. The officer has been identified as Officer Jessie Hartnett. He was shot three times in the arm. The officer fired back and wounded the suspect.
------
7:15 a.m. Philadelphia police have identified the officer who they say was ambushed while sitting in his marked cruiser as Officer Jessie Hartnett. Officer Christine O'Brien of the Philadelphia police says Friday that Hartnett is in stable condition at a hospital, hours after being shot three times in the left arm. Police Commissioner Richard Ross says the officer returned fire late Thursday night and hit the suspect at least three times. O'Brien says the suspect, whose name has not been released, was struck in the buttock. Police say the suspect fired a total of 13 shots that hit the officer and his cruiser. Ross says the shooting was unprovoked. He calls it one of the scariest things he's ever seen. There's no word on the suspect's condition. A motive for the shooting remains unclear.
------
A Philadelphia police officer was shot multiple times in the arm at point blank range by a man who ambushed him as he sat in his marked police cruiser, authorities said.

Police Commissioner Richard Ross said the suspect fired a total of 13 shots that hit the officer and his car late Thursday. He said the officer returned fire, hitting his assailant at least three times.

"This is absolutely one of the scariest things I've ever seen," Ross said at a news conference a few hours later. "This guy tried to execute the police officer. The police officer had no idea he was coming."

The suspect ran away, but was quickly apprehended by other officers.

Ross said there was no apparent motive for the attack.

The officer and the suspect were taken to area hospitals for treatment. There was no immediate word on the suspect's condition. The officer is expected to survive.

Jim Kenney, who is in his first week as mayor of the nation's fifth largest city, said, "There are just too many guns on the streets and I think our national government needs to do something about that."

His statement comes on the heels of President Barack Obama announcement on Tuesday of his plan to tighten control and enforcement of firearms in the U.S.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Is this the one where the Mayor stated it had nothing to do with Islam?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-08-2016, 04:20 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://www.wpxi.com/ap/ap/pennsylvania/philadelphia-police-officer-shot-while-in-police-c/npzjt/

Apparently the mayor needs to get the guns away from his police officers that fail to lock them up properly. 
Makes me think of the tv show that had Nell Carter as a maid, where the cop she worked for kept his pistol in a shoebox, in the top of a closet.

Disclaimer: Most cops I know take great care in storing firearms. The ones that don't have kids used to keep their piece on the nightstand,  but I think think they sign them out every day, now. I'll have to ask.
Tsk tsk....more workplace violence.
(01-09-2016, 09:38 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Tsk tsk....more workplace violence.

Now if he would have peacefully taken over an abandoned closed for the Holidays building that would have been terrorism.  

(01-09-2016, 02:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Now if he would have peacefully taken over an abandoned building that would have been terrorism.  

"Abandoned"?

Looks like the brainwashing techniques are working.
Terrorism in both coasts. Stay strong, America
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(01-10-2016, 02:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: "Abandoned"?

Looks like the brainwashing techniques are working.

Abandoned- "having been deserted"

The building was shut down, deserted, abandoned for the holidays.

But you are correct about the brainwashing techniques working. "This is clearly terrorism." 

(01-10-2016, 03:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Abandoned- "having been deserted"

But you are correct about the brainwashing techniques working. "This is clearly terrorism." 

And told the police the same thing when I took over Walmart on Christmas Day.  It was just an abandoned building.

They offered to let me go and not charge me...cause the cops are cool like that..

Mellow
(01-10-2016, 03:58 PM)GMDino Wrote: And told the police the same thing when I took over Walmart on Christmas Day.  It was just an abandoned building.

They offered to let me go and not charge me...cause the cops are cool like that..

Mellow

Assuming this made a point in your head.

The building was unoccupied and was scheduled to be for an extended period and it is in the middle of nowhere.

The fact that the left takes issue with the word abandoned instead of (deserted, empty, vacant, unoccupied, uninhibited,......) while freely throwing around the word terrorism is quite telling 

The police should have arrested you, just as they should arrest the leaders of this occupation (takeover, siege, protest, terroristc act......) Pick one that makes you happy.  

(01-10-2016, 04:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Assuming this made a point in your head.

The building was unoccupied and was scheduled to be for an extended period and it is in the middle of nowhere.

The fact that the left takes issue with the word abandoned instead of (deserted, empty, vacant, unoccupied, uninhibited,......) while freely throwing around the word terrorism is quite telling 

The police should have arrested you, just as they should arrest the leaders of this occupation (takeover, siege, protest, terroristc act......) Pick one that makes you happy.  

Totally makes sense.  When Walmart was closed for a day I figured they would open eventually but I considered it abandoned.  Someone said I was a terrorist because I threatened the guy who welcomes you at the door when he came in the next day.

Luckily the cops are TOTES cool with white guys taking over abandoned buildings.  Well, once I showed them my pocket copy of the constitution.

Also, no need to have anyone mail me snacks...plenty here.

I think in January I'll take over the USPS when they are closed for MLK Day.  Its fun and legal! 
(01-10-2016, 04:33 PM)GMDino Wrote: I think in February I'll take over the USPS when they are closed for MLK Day.  Its fun and legal! 

Shows how much you respect the Holiday....

(01-10-2016, 04:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Shows how much you respect the Holiday....

Right, because the Bundy's clearly chose Christmas time to make a comment about how they feel about that holiday.
(01-10-2016, 04:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Right, because the Bundy's clearly chose Christmas time to make a comment about how they feel about that holiday.

I'll bet they at least know what month the Holiday is in. 

(01-10-2016, 04:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Shows how much you respect the Holiday....

oops! Now you can ignore everything else because of a mistake! i hope I don't spell any words wrong...then you'll win. Mellow

Better get my snacks ready!

But hey...solid response from you.
(01-10-2016, 05:34 PM)GMDino Wrote: oops!  Now you can ignore everything else because of a mistake!  i hope I don't spell any words wrong...then you'll win. Mellow

Better get my snacks ready!

But hey...solid response from you.

Everything else you said was an attempt to make someone's point look silly. Instead you failed and made yourself look silly. I pointed it out BECAUSE I didn't ignore everything else 

(01-10-2016, 06:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Everything else you said was an attempt to make someone's point look silly. Instead you failed and made yourself look silly. I pointed it out BECAUSE I didn't ignore everything else 

You pointed it out because you always find one thing (mistake, possible issued word) and use it to change the subject like the good little troll you are.

Now then...when the federal employees "abandon" the post office should I use "keys I found" or just break in before my militia takes up residence on the MLK holiday?
(01-10-2016, 07:45 PM)GMDino Wrote: You pointed it out because you always find one thing (mistake, possible issued word) and use it to change the subject like the good little troll you are.

Now then...when the federal employees "abandon" the post office should I use "keys I found" or just break in before my militia takes up residence on the MLK holiday?

If you could only see the irony in this post that other's can. You do realize you failed attempt at wit was in response to not liking a word (abandoned) I used don't you? 

So go take a look in the mirror next time you're looking for a troll.  

(01-10-2016, 03:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Abandoned- "having been deserted"

[Image: post-28671-Better-Off-Ted-reaching-for-to-Gfv3.gif]
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(01-10-2016, 08:07 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: [Image: post-28671-Better-Off-Ted-reaching-for-to-Gfv3.gif]
Please tell me what word I "should" have used for a building that had been shutdown for the Holiday season, all employees gone, and in the middle of nowhere and I will use it as an olive branch. Obviously abandoned is an outrageous descriptive.