Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Synric's Mock Me (Post Combine Full Off-season)
Did a quick full off-season.

Release:
Trae Waynes
Trey Hopkins

Resign:
Jessie Bates (Tagged)
CJ Uzomah
BJ Hill
Larry Ogunjobi
Eli Apple

Free Agency:
Laken Tomlinson
Morgan Moses

Draft:
1. Derek Stingley CB, LSU
2. Dylan Parham C/G, Memphis
3. Jelani Woods TE, Virginia
4. Vederian Lowe T/G, Illinois
5. Dominique Robinson Edge, Miami (OH)
6. JT Woods S, Baylor
7. Kevin Austin WR, Notre Dame
7. Jack Coan QB, Notre Dame

Notes:
Usually we get to talk about the best qualities of the prospects but with my first round pick I get to talk about why he could be avaiable at #31. Derek Stingley was the best Corner in college football in 2019 while going up against alot of NFL talent on his way to a National Championship... but since then he has been injured. In 2020 Stingley came in heavy and wasnt even close to the same player. He actually looked very unmotivated making you question his maturity. Fact is LSU Defensive Backs Slide we see it all the time.

Dylan Parham and Vederian Lowe are my two Offensive Line prospects. Parham is experienced across the line at LG, RT, and RG but projects best at Center in the NFL. He is an explosive technically sound zone blocker that fits the Bengals. Vederian Lowe reminds me of D'Ante Smith last year. Perfect height and Length as an offensive linemen that allows him to play both at Guard and Tackle. Has smooth feet and is a more polished run blocker than pass protector. Like Smith Lowe is also very wild with his technique and will need to continue to develop but he is a very mature person with alot of starts under his belt at Illinois. Both Parham and Lowe were team captains.

Jelani Woods is an ascending TE prospect with exceptional size and length but shows some speed and athletic ability at the Combine. He started out as a straight blocking TE at Oklahoma State but since transferring to Virginia he proved he can get it done as a receiver as well using that big body to wall off defenders.

If you built and edge rusher in a lab it would look like Dominique Robinson. He's only been on the edge since 2019 and was a WR before that so understandably he is very raw.

JT Woods and Kevin Austin at this point are both special teams prospects with alot of talent but not ready to play at their respective positions. Both are gifted athletes but need time to develop.

Jack Coan is an game manager I hope develops into a solid back up QB. He's not going to wow you with his athletic ability but is smart and accurate.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Who is playing Center next year?
Reply/Quote
Man.. This isn't exactly too far out there. I have been fantasizing about Stingley falling to us. This would be a great draft, good work.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2022, 05:21 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Who is playing Center next year?

Dylan Parham second round pick. Its where he projects in the NFL.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2022, 05:21 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Who is playing Center next year?

I'm assuming his starting lineup would look like:

LT Williams, LG Tomlinson, C Parham, RG Carman, RT Moses
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2022, 05:22 PM)Synric Wrote: Dylan Parham second round pick. Its where he projects in the NFL.

Absolute worst case scenario for this offseason.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2022, 05:22 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: Man.. This isn't exactly too far out there. I have been fantasizing about Stingley falling to us. This would be a great draft, good work.

Andrew Booth Jr. is another guy. His projection is up and down with people having him top 10 and others like Daniel Jeremiah not even having him in the first round. He didn't participate at the combine because of a minor injury.

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2022, 05:27 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Absolute worst case scenario for this offseason.

Nah. This is a talented Center class and Parham is one of the better prospects at the position.

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2022, 05:29 PM)Synric Wrote: Nah. This is a talented Center class and Parham is one of the better prospects at the position.

Cutting your starting Center and praying that a 2nd round pick can step in and master the offense and play at a high level is literally the worst case scenario - especially stepping up from playing at Memphis.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2022, 05:31 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Cutting your starting Center and praying that a 2nd round pick can step in and master the offense and play at a high level is literally the worst case scenario - especially stepping up from playing at Memphis.

I guess you dont know much about Dylan Parham.

Reply/Quote
I got a recently transformed Bengal fan at work (LSU Alumni) who would buy season tickets in we signed Stingley. Parham is growing on me. TE is mega-deep and 3rd might be a little early for Woods, but if you want him, a 3rd most likely ensures you get him.

The Safety would be a nice get in RD 6
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2022, 05:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I got a recently transformed Bengal fan at work (LSU Alumni) who would buy season tickets in we signed Stingley. Parham is growing on me. TE is mega-deep and 3rd might be a little early for Woods, but if you want him, a 3rd most likely ensures you get him.

The Safety would be a nice get in RD 6

I think Woods is ascending and could pass up guys like Ruckert and Kolar. I'm thinking high 4th round so bottom 3rd isn't much of a reach.

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2022, 05:36 PM)Synric Wrote: I guess you dont know much about Dylan Parham.

I know quite a bit about him and I'd be perfectly happy if we drafted him....

but,

after watching the beating Burrow took last year, there is no way in hell I'm cutting the only center on the roster with NFL experience and turning that job over to a rookie during a Super Bowl run.  That makes zero sense.  It would be a typical Bengal move from years past.

Rookie C, Carman at RG, what could possibly go wrong there.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2022, 05:43 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I know quite a bit about him and I'd be perfectly happy if we drafted him....

but,

after watching the beating Burrow took last year, there is no way in hell I'm cutting the only center on the roster with NFL experience and turning that job over to a rookie during a Super Bowl run.  That makes zero sense.  It would be a typical Bengal move from years past.

Trey Hopkins might be experienced but he is an above average pass blocker and well below average run blocker. He might not allow alot of sacks but more than makes up for it in allowing TFL and no gains. At this point he hurts more than helps.

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2022, 05:46 PM)Synric Wrote: Trey Hopkins might be experienced but he is an above average pass blocker and well below average run blocker. He might not allow alot of sacks but more than makes up for it in allowing TFL and no gains. At this point he hurts more than helps.

Then sign someone else.  Turning it over to a rookie is asking for trouble with no backup.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2022, 05:47 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Then sign someone else.  Turning it over to a rookie is asking for trouble with no backup.

Center is a very deep position group in this draft class that's why I specifically targeted a Center in the 2nd. I expect a rookie and second year player to be starting on a rebuilt Bengals offensive line with two solid free agent signings.

I know people expect 3 offensive line signings to fix everything but the reality of that isn't likely especially with how contracts are expected to climb this year and of course competition from other teams over offensive linemen.

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2022, 05:54 PM)Synric Wrote: Center is a very deep position group in this draft class that's why I specifically targeted a Center in the 2nd. I expect a rookie and second year player to be starting on a rebuilt Bengals offensive line with two solid free agent signings.

I know people expect 3 offensive line signings to fix everything but the reality of that isn't likely especially with how contracts are expected to climb this year and of course competition from other teams over offensive linemen.

I have no problem drafting a center, but i do have a problem having him start with no backup.  We've seen the Bengals luck with lineman lately - especially those not taken in the first part of round 1.  

You can expect a rookie C and 2nd round OG to start, but right now there is nothing that gives me any confidence that Carman is a viable option at RG in week 1.  He was terrible.  Hopkins at least hit his stride later in the season coming off injury, cutting him and moving to a guy that's never played in this offense and is taking a huge step up in competition is just not a great idea for this team.  Maybe 2 years ago, but we can't afford to risk that this year.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2022, 05:28 PM)Synric Wrote: Andrew Booth Jr. is another guy. His projection is up and down with people having him top 10 and others like Daniel Jeremiah not even having him in the first round. He didn't participate at the combine because of a minor injury.

Do you feel Stingley's stock really dropped that far after the combine? I haven't watched much college but do you think he gets back to FR quality or is that the outlier year?
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2022, 06:12 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Do you feel Stingley's stock really dropped that far after the combine? I haven't watched much college but do you think he gets back to FR quality or is that the outlier year?

His stock has been falling since 2020. People were still just holding hope he could get back to that 2019 Derek Stingley. 

Do I think he can become 2019 Stingley? Yes that's why I drafted him but he still has major red flags injuries last two years, descending play, motor issues in 2020/21. It looked like he just basically half assed his 2020 campaign because the team was struggling. 

And LSU defensive backs slide... For some reason they just do lol.

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2022, 05:29 PM)Synric Wrote: Nah. This is a talented Center class and Parham is one of the better prospects at the position.

I've been warming to the non-Linderbaum Centers.
The problem is there were a few guys who were projected to C but didn't really play it in college (like Parham).
And then you have some guys projected in the mid-rounds that have the desired and required athleticism but may not have the whole package (Lindstrom, Jurgens).

I didn't really look much into Jurgens before the Combine but I heard NFL Network talking about him.
He's bulked up to over 300 lbs (was 290) and has ideal IOL length.
I like his athleticism, and I hope the added bulk will mean being even better at the POA.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote