Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
T. N. T.
How about our TNT(Trent N' Trent) twin pack of white dynamite ?   I thought they really came through today, in what could have been disaster, without Boyd and Higgins.  Taylor had the the 34 yarder with some nice YAC and made an absolutely incredible catch falling out of bounds, even though it was overturned.  Irwin came through with the TD catch on the flea flicker. It's nice to have two guys like TNT who are very capable fill-ins when your starters go down. This duo really helped us stretch out the lead today. Props to both on staying ready and performing well when the opportunity arises!!!

[video=youtube]http://[/video]
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
White boys make some noise!
Reply/Quote
[Image: jjdynomite.66.gif#JJ%20walker%20gif%20mo...%20264x198]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'd rather have the TNT they replaced.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We have a great receiver corps (except for Thomas)
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 11:04 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: We have a great receiver corps (except for Thomas)

Really?

He was cut 3 week ago FFS.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 11:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd rather have the TNT they replaced.

Of course, but TNT gave us some good play today and stepped up when we needed them.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 11:06 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Of course, but TNT gave us some good play today and stepped up when we needed them.

I do think today might have marked the near end for Tyler and Tee in stripes. JC went for 119 with nobody opposite him and played all 3 WR positions. We save about $9 Mil parting ways with Boyd next year and Tee Higgins will be inline for a huge payday the following year

Reply/Quote
They stepped up. Thought taking away Taylor’s catch was bogus, but then he had a fantastic play. Irwin couldn’t be more open so that was design, but he brought it in, so very Nice.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 11:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I do think today might have marked the near end for Tyler and Tee in stripes. JC went for 119 with nobody opposite him and played all 3 WR positions. We save about $9 Mil parting ways with Boyd next year and Tee Higgins will be inline for a huge payday the following year

Yeah one of the postgame guys was saying that after Tee and Tyler went out it became backyard football for Joe and Ja'marr.  It worked out pretty well.  Didn't love Ja'marr getting blasted by Garrett on that botched reverse, but it's football and stuff.
Reply/Quote
Of the two,Higgins or Boyd,I’d rather have Higgins back, if I had to make a choice,as T&T can fill in pretty well for an absent Boyd.Although,I’d still like to have Boyd back in the lineup.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 11:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I do think today might have marked the near end for Tyler and Tee in stripes. JC went for 119 with nobody opposite him and played all 3 WR positions. We save about $9 Mil parting ways with Boyd next year and Tee Higgins will be inline for a huge payday the following year

I disagree. EventuallyI don’t think they will be able to pay them but the offense missed them today (especially Tee)
Chase is just the best so no surprise there.
They got it going and the Trent’s played well but I think today showed that they miss Higgin’s explosiveness when he’s not out there. Worked today but going to be tough if he misses more games.
Reply/Quote
Speaking of the possibility of losing Higgins and Boyd...

No one is really talking about Ja'Marr's last 4 games (yet--maybe this week).

32 rec, 478 yds, 5 tds

Over a full season that comes to:
136 - 2032 - 21

Now, he's not likely to keep that pace for a full season, even as the #1 with lesser #2 and #3's, like JJ, but what about 85% of that total?
116 - 1727 - 18

"Only" 80% of that total?
109 - 1628 - 17

No.too.shabby. I wouldn't be shocked to find that, deep down, he wouldn't mind a bit lesser talent around him. You know how he wants all those records. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
If they lose either Boyd, Higgins, or both ? Expect they will be replaced with early draft picks on the cheap.

Hope they can be kept but hard to see that happening without the NFL increasing the cap massively.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Is it too early to start the chant, "Tank for Marvin Harrison Jr" yet?
Reply/Quote

They’re both back next year right? I know Tee is, but I thought Tyler was too.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 02:09 AM)michaelsean Wrote: They’re both back next year right?  I know Tee is, but I thought Tyler was too.

Tyler's under contract but parting with him saves us about $10 MIL. Tee's under contract but he deserves more money. We're probably not going to pay it. 

Reply/Quote

I mean we won and some people called it ugly though I didn't think so, but this offense is miles better with Higgins and Boyd in the lineup. If we weren't playing a rusty cruddy Watson we could have potentially lost this game.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 11:36 PM)samhain Wrote: Yeah one of the postgame guys was saying that after Tee and Tyler went out it became backyard football for Joe and Ja'marr.  It worked out pretty well.  Didn't love Ja'marr getting blasted by Garrett on that botched reverse, but it's football and stuff.

But the postgame quotes make it sound like Trent Taylor and Trenton Irwin seamlessly slid into the roles of Boyd and Higgins:

" Trent Taylor pretty much stepped into Boyd's spot in the slot while Irwin took a lot of Higgins' snaps while Chase got a little bit of everything. Burrow indicated there was no adjustment because they simply plugged players into those spots.

"We didn't have to make an adjustment. That's what's great about those guys that come in for them," Burrow said. "We have all the faith in the world that they're going to do the job. There can't be any drop off and there wasn't today."

"I've got so much faith in the guys that come in for those guys," Burrow said. "Trent and Trenton are guys that work really hard and know their stuff and are going to be right where I expect them to. That's really what it comes down to."

https://www.bengals.com/news/without-three-of-four-top-receivers-burrow-finds-way-and-other-game-notes
Reply/Quote

1 game sample size is not nearly enough. No nfl team would want to role with Chase + any of these back end wr roster guys. Especially when we have Higgins and Boyd we could find a way to resign 1 of them. I really do think 1 will get a new contract along with chase. Nfl teams all have multiple BIG weapons, not just a WR 1 and role players. You need multiple threats that can take over a game
Reply/Quote