Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THANK YOU
welcome
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 09:58 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I think I joined the mothership around 2007. I vividly remember people making fun of “Crazy Legs Fitzpatrick” in 2008. Time sure does fly.

I also signed up in 2007 i believe. Time sure flies.

I hope we never forget it is OK to have great discussion and disagreement is not a bad thing. As long as we don't attack personally, against each other, players and coaches this board will continue to thrive. 

I have a ton of respect for a lot of members, great knowledge everywhere and fun to see the different opinions. We share a common goal, we love our team regardless of their faults and all want a winner sooner than later.

TY all for your contributions over the years. Thanks to Holic and many others who keep this board running and improving it over the years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 06:44 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yes. Yes I do. I'm very proud to be a member of this board and interact with the people in it. Ya'll are very special people.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4_B6MeXB_Y0znAPGLP4g...w&usqp=CAU]

Very special, indeed.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 11:36 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: This board is like that part of your family that you love, but want to be sedated, before introducing to your new girlfriend.  Ninja

Based on a lot of posts, I don't see girlfriends in the future for some members  Nervous  Ninja

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:38 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 12 for me.

I believe I signed up to the Mothership on 04/29/09, which, IIRC, was a few days after the draft.

Still proud to call this home :)

My two earliest memories, and it would be nice to get this confirmed, is the mothership MB getting a facelift right before the '05 season(?) and i do remember a few people signing up on the Jags board to talk a little smack before the Sunday night game that year, because i remember sitting there thinking "hmm, that didn't go over well". 

Between '05 and '09 i was mostly a lurker. It wasn't until right after the playoff loss to the Jets that i became a full time poster, mostly in the Smack forum, making a fool of myself like most newbs do when they come in thinking they have fresh takes and it's just the same ole stuff all newbs talk about to Steelers fans.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 03:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: My two earliest memories, and it would be nice to get this confirmed, is the mothership MB getting a facelift right before the '05 season(?) and i do remember a few people signing up on the Jags board to talk a little smack before the Sunday night game that year, because i remember sitting there thinking "hmm, that didn't go over well". 

Between '05 and '09 i was mostly a lurker. It wasn't until right after the playoff loss to the Jets that i became a full time poster, mostly in the Smack forum, making a fool of myself like most newbs do when they come in thinking they have fresh takes and it's just the same ole stuff all newbs talk about to Steelers fans.

Yeah, the smack forum was my low point for sure on this board. I was horrible at it and made a fool of myself daily.

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 03:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: My two earliest memories, and it would be nice to get this confirmed, is the mothership MB getting a facelift right before the '05 season(?) and i do remember a few people signing up on the Jags board to talk a little smack before the Sunday night game that year, because i remember sitting there thinking "hmm, that didn't go over well". 

I was about the same time. Was the same in Smack, thought I got it but did not. Mellow

Lurked since '05 just the same. Weird Rfaulk we are like the same people!Twitch

(05-26-2021, 04:21 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yeah, the smack forum was my low point for sure on this board. I was horrible at it and made a fool of myself daily.

Didn't get on THAT often to make a fool of myself thank God lol
Reply/Quote

Between '05 and '09 i was mostly a lurker.
It wasn't until right after the playoff loss to the Jets that i became a full time poster, mostly in the Smack forum, making a fool of myself like most newbs do when they come in thinking they have fresh takes and it's just the same ole stuff all newbs talk about to Steelers fans.

I found the mothership in '05, and read regularly until '09 without ever creating an account.  I signed up in '09 because I got tired of reading all of the "we won't make the playoffs if we don't beat the Vikings" posts (there were a bunch).  I signed up with the entire intent to make a thread telling people to calm down about a possible NFC loss as it was meaningless to our potential AFC tiebreaker scenarios.  Only problem was I forgot about the 50 post rule, so I couldn't make the thread before the game arrived.  Then the tragic accident occurred, leading to Slim losing his life.  At that point any comments I had involving the impact of the Vikings on our team were meaningless.
Reply/Quote